New revenant player asking for guidance

frsale.3175

I start playing gw2 around 2 months, and i just created new Revenant ( Vindicator ) unlimited dodge for PVE and completing all the Personal story and all other expansion story. ( cause i never complete it before in other characters lol) . 

And right now i am wondering if my Full berserker ( still exotic gear, don't have any ascended armor yet ) can do other content like fractals or strike mission, cause im too afraid to join LFG party and then become burden to them. 

Can you guys recommend me some build that newbie friendly for fractal & strike mission as a  revenant ( or vindicator ) ? or i need to wait for ascended armor completed to join the content.

Much appreciate

For the revenant, exotic armor is a good start, but if you want to make fractals in the first place, exotic will suffice for the first fractals, because it's only at level 20 that you need to start having agony resistance. At that point, a high level of stuff will become a necessity, as will a high level of jewelry. The lower levels will allow you to start getting to know them.

For PvE build ideas, there are several sites I can suggest to help you build: “Metabattle” for build ideas, the “Snowcrow” site, which is more of a build that completes each role, and “guildjen”.

• Like 2

Technically, everything in the game is balanced around exotics.  With rare exception, anyway.  In any practical sense, the question isn't if you can rise to the challenge, insomuch as it is if other players will let you join them.  Many will... and many won't.

For that purpose, berserker armor isn't just fine.  It is recommended.  If you're going for ascended, get the weapons first, because those have the most significant impact on your performance.  I know that Sigil of Stamina is really fun and useful for overworld stuff, but a lot of raids/strikes/fractals are boss focused, where the sigil will never proc.  It is worth considering investing in an alternate weapon that has different sigils for those cases.  Ascended accessories tend to be cheaper/easier to get, so feel free to pursue those as well.  

I'm going to be unoriginal and just recommend the raid build:  https://snowcrows.com/builds/raids/revenant/power-vindicator  This can also be used in fractals and strikes with very little change.  Just know what the weapons do and adjust accordingly: Sword has the highest auto and single target damage, Greatsword has the strongest burst and cleaving damage, Staff is used in fights where the boss needs to be CC's a lot, Shortbow (for SotO owners) is the best ranged weapon, period.  Also know what the legends do, in case you need to switch one for another.  I run this build in the overworld, too, and it works fine for... pretty much every meta event.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Low tier fractals are full of new players, nobody elitest is going to be doing them. Fractals only genuinely get challenging at tier 4 challenge motes and on some tier 4 bosses or on speed runs, where knowing the strategy speeds things up. Don’t worry about being a burden, you will probably be fine. Just let everyone know you are new so they can teach you the mechanics. As you progress, you will start receiving ascended accessory drops that will allow you to slot agony resistance and move up to higher tiers. Your zerker equipment will be fine too, as mentioned you don’t get agony damage until later.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 12:48 AM, frsale.3175 said:

And right now i am wondering if my Full berserker ( still exotic gear, don't have any ascended armor yet ) can do other content like fractals or strike mission, cause im too afraid to join LFG party and then become burden to them. 

Join learning groups or join a guild which is willing to teach you. I personally use GuildJen and Snowcrows for builds and rotations.

For Fractals: 
Exotics will only take you through T1. T2 onwards you will need Ascended gear infused with Agony Infusions to resist some background Agony damage. Without these Infusions you will explode as they serve as a progression mechanic. 

For Strikes and Raids:
Exotics are go. Learn your role, practice it, join a practice group, get better. We've all been through this phase, keep working at it.

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1

To add to the Snow Crows bit they have great open worlds builds now as well, and also dont forget Mr. Lord Hizen, he has some very strong Vindi and Ren builds, although they show asc Cele and such its a good start build wise.  😉

• Like 2