So Lich Form... you decided to "buff" Elix X with more randomness?

So in a competitive game mode you kinda want to use skills strategically.  Ie. pick the right skill for the right time.   Now I get that its "supa cool" and a huge buff to get lich form... but its not.  Cause generally I don't like lich form, but more importantly in cases where you might want to use it, you could end up a tornado instead.   A super elite where you can't be sure when you cast it, that it will be of any value to you.  And you've gone ahead and made it MORE random.   Grats....

Note this is VERY MINOR, compared to the nerfs to our counter stealth, counter invuln, block, evade spam and other nerfs you just handed us.   But I thought I'd point it out that if you think having your super elite spot be a complete and utter random roll of the dice makes for a good highly strategic competitive game... IT DOES NOT.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ccccc.4963 said:

The people who play elixir x have bigger issues to tackle 

I mean

he's not wrong ngl (unless you're a moa nerd in which case I love you, you get a pass), but neither is OP.

I'm not commenting much on this due to a mix of factors. maybe "why not" being the reason you adjust skill functionality leaves too many reasoning lines open that I want to ignore for now.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

2 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

So in a competitive game mode you kinda want to use skills strategically.  Ie. pick the right skill for the right time.   Now I get that its "supa cool" and a huge buff to get lich form... but its not.  Cause generally I don't like lich form, but more importantly in cases where you might want to use it, you could end up a tornado instead.   A super elite where you can't be sure when you cast it, that it will be of any value to you.  And you've gone ahead and made it MORE random.   Grats....

Note this is VERY MINOR, compared to the nerfs to our counter stealth, counter invuln, block, evade spam and other nerfs you just handed us.   But I thought I'd point it out that if you think having your super elite spot be a complete and utter random roll of the dice makes for a good highly strategic competitive game... IT DOES NOT.

Would be neat if, before match starts, you could choose what form Elixir X would give you.  Maybe more work than it's worth to code something like that, but would address the issue.

Just now, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Would be neat if, before match starts, you could choose what form Elixir X would give you.  Maybe more work than it's worth to code something like that, but would address the issue.

or even if they fricken had an icon over it that told you what you were gonna get when you use it and it gets re-rolled each time you do.  At least you could... you know fricken plan and try to use it at a good time.  

40 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

or even if they fricken had an icon over it that told you what you were gonna get when you use it and it gets re-rolled each time you do.  At least you could... you know fricken plan and try to use it at a good time.  

that's a good idea too

2 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

That's actually an awesome idea. Like temporarily you have access to abilities 1-3 and you press one to transform to one 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

That's actually an awesome idea. Like temporarily you have access to abilities 1-3 and you press one to transform to one 

That would be better, so I assume they wouldn't give it to us.  If they were gonna make it random I was just asking... could you tell us which random one we're gonna get before we hit the button.   Like if they want to screw us with randomness fine, but at least let me know what the random result is before I use it.

2 hours ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

Oh that's a really neat idea. I was imagining something pre-match (like in stronghold where there's a menu where you select your hero), but you're describing it like a bundle. Hit Elixir X, and a bundle replaces your weapon with skills 1-3 and you select which form you want, right? That's pretty clever, and it uses existing systems so hopefully wouldn't be too hard to implement.  Good idea!

Meh, I understand the desire for competitive choice when using this skill, but it's a weird one anyway that is really only used by those who want to focus on big damage over a short duration. To that end, I think the addition of Lich could be fun one.

ALIEN

• Thanks 1