Flying kryptis? Sure. But does Eppie fly?

So, I saw a comment somewhere on map design relation to flying mounts. And then I realized that in large parts of Nayos, many Kryptis probably can't get around at all and are mostly stuck on their islands. I mean, do Eppie and his friends look like they can fly? Or climb vertically up the trees? Some Kryptis look like they are better suited to at least climb the winding trees and the like, but they still look unlikely to move from island to island. How do Peitha and Nephus get around? They hardly look like the flying or climbing types either...

Perhaps it's part of the reason why they are so easily captured, but it just seems unlikely they would end up living on these floaty rocks to begin with. Seems like quite an oversight to me... 

Maybe Kryptis create portals within their own realm as well? If so, where are they and how are they made?

Or is it just inconsistent game design?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

So, I saw a comment somewhere on map design relation to flying mounts. And then I realized that in large parts of Nayos, many Kryptis probably can't get around at all and are mostly stuck on their islands. I mean, do Eppie and his friends look like they can fly? Or climb vertically up the trees? Some Kryptis look like they are better suited to at least climb the winding trees and the like, but they still look unlikely to move from island to island. How do Peitha and Nephus get around? They hardly look like the flying or climbing types either...

Perhaps it's part of the reason why they are so easily captured, but it just seems unlikely they would end up living on these floaty rocks to begin with. Seems like quite an oversight to me... 

Maybe Kryptis create portals within their own realm as well? If so, where are they and how are they made?

Or is it just inconsistent game design?

Most like they can leyline glide.

• Haha 2

On 6/2/2024 at 3:46 PM, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

I mean, do Eppie and his friends look like they can fly?

Eparch flies in the new fractal so... yes. He can fly.

Kryptis also have wyverns they no double could use as mounts, even if the skyscale-mockeries were brand new to the realm.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Eparch flies in the new fractal so... yes. He can fly.

Kryptis also have wyverns they no double could use as mounts, even if the skyscale-mockeries were brand new to the realm.

Eppie is not the same character as Eparch.

4 hours ago, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

Eppie is not the same character as Eparch.

Ah. You meant this random NPC who has no need to get to Zakiros , even though Zakiros is literally the only place in Nayos we see in which flight is actually needed to reach.

You see, that confused me. Because there is literally no place in Nayos you cannot reach without climbing or walking aside from Zakiros - and the climbing areas are outskirts without buildings.

So let me rephrase your question of "can Eppie fly" with "why would Eppie need to fly?"

Plus, the fact Eparch can fly despite lacking wings, implies that other kryptis may be capable of such. And though I hate to say this for the reason why, but "because magic".

8 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

Also the possibility of using rifts like portals between towns.

This is literally how Eparch showed up in the second update. So we know kryptis can use rifts to travel through Nayos (makes one wonder why Peitha and her forces didn't, or why Eparch's forces didn't more often).

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

This is literally how Eparch showed up in the second update. So we know kryptis can use rifts to travel through Nayos (makes one wonder why Peitha and her forces didn't, or why Eparch's forces didn't more often).

I'd presume for fear of ambush/bottlenecking. Portal opens, enemy can swarm you. Or push back through.

• Confused 2

On 6/2/2024 at 8:46 PM, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

How do Peitha and Nephus get around? Seems like quite an oversight to me... 

Magic rift portals powered by plot which can bring characters where they need to be when the story needs them there but can't be used on demand for your convenience.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

Magic rift portals powered by plot which can bring characters where they need to be when the story needs them there but can't be used on demand for your convenience.

You seem to awfully dislike actually talking about any lore subjects for somebody who spends time in here.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Tbf I originally posted this in game discussion, because I do believe the map design is not consistent with the lore - and I think that's not a lore discussion, but a game design discussion. We got maps that made the skyscale relevant. The lore was adjusted to that, not the other way around.

25 minutes ago, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

Tbf I originally posted this in game discussion, because I do believe the map design is not consistent with the lore - and I think that's not a lore discussion, but a game design discussion. We got maps that made the skyscale relevant. The lore was adjusted to that, not the other way around.

I mean, I don't really think that's accurate?

The only flying heavy maps were soto, where the lore fits the design. Nayos is an alien world and The sections that we see actually with buildings/towns you can generally walk around without having to fly from building to building.