Homesteads for other Expansions?

13 hours ago, Duilyon.7658 said:

Man, if they don't add new stuff to the old expansion I would be so sad...

I'd brace myself for sadness then if I were you.

The old expansions are done they don't tend to add features to old expansions.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Duilyon.7658 said:

Man, if they don't add new stuff to the old expansion I would be so sad...

Unrealistic expectation. 😕 

I do hope, however, that we will get plenty of new Homesteads added frequently or this feature won't make sense. 😉 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, vrauns.3215 said:

Makes no sense to add new things to other expacs, those are done and finished, they bug fix them now.

Thinking about it, though: it really depends on how the Homestead(s) will be accessed. If it is not map-dependant, they could indeed add existing themes to new Homesteads: A home made of pure ice (IBS), a jungle hut in the trees (HoT), etc.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

By previous expansion zones, do you mean adding homestead instances using the older environmental assets? I think it's a good idea, considering it would be a cost effective way to introduce content for the feature.

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

They had perfect opportunity to add housing assets as personal Wizard's Court created artificial fractals, our house could have even been located in the mists, think we'll be stuck with Janthir lodge.

That prick Isgarren owes us as much for clearing out Eparch, who he wasn't able to deal with for thousands of years.

Edited by Nuldric.1239
  • Confused 1

I'd imagine there's a very good likelyhood for it, but they'd undoubtably be as gemstore releases (probably similar to the way they'd occasionally release new lounge instances for sale). Selling houses in mmos is like selling mount skins, it's just printing money. Like in eso, they slap a price tag of anywhere between $50 to $100 on their houses and so many players just eat them up (they'll even do segments unveiling new houses on streams that's supposed to be dedicated for previewing expansion content).

• Like 1

On 6/6/2024 at 7:25 AM, Quench.7091 said:

By previous expansion zones, do you mean adding homestead instances using the older environmental assets? I think it's a good idea, considering it would be a cost effective way to introduce content for the feature.

yarp exactly that. 

Housing will sell this "expansion while other expansions are still available. It would be bad business for WoJ to add housing to other expansions as well, at least for the first year or so.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

Housing will sell this "expansion while other expansions are still available. It would be bad business for WoJ to add housing to other expansions as well, at least for the first year or so.

While Homesteads will be account-wide, they will require the purchase of JW to unlock:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-guild-wars-2-janthir-wilds/

People without JW won't have access to Homesteads. Therefore, offering additional ones shortly after release at the Gem Store will have no negative impact on ANet's earnings from selling the expansion. On the contrary.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1