Mesmer Spear Speculation

I would love to hear what your Mesmer Spear speculation may be!

I wonder if it could be almost operate similar to the way Trident and Spear work together on Mesmer underwater. Quickly go in and attack close ranged, then jump out and go for long, then back in again for close up. I know the flighty ness could be similar to Mirage… Just bouncing some ideas!

What are your thoughts?

The thing about Mesmers is they use half their weapons wrong. I'd like to see that continue with the spear. I want to see them use it as a mage staff, and a pole vaulting pole. Maybe summon a Phantasm that does a pole dance for a moment to draw enemies in before going "Boom".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Can we get spear phantasms? 

Poke fun at Final Fantasy and have the phantasm appear above the target and then fall on that target spear first.

Why is that pokeing fun at final fantasy tho?

Edited by Linken.6345

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Why is that pokeing fun at final fantasy tho?

The Dragoon class in Final Fantasy has a special attack where they leap into the air, at least thirty feet up, and then dive onto the enemy spearpoint first.  I don't know of any other franchise that does this.
Irl dragoons were infantrymen, later they became cavalrymen.  They used swords and firearms, not lances or spears.  They certainly didn't divebomb enemy soldiers.
You also poke people with spears, poking fun at Final Fantasy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

I don't know of any other franchise that does this.

Vindicator on it's dodge, tho to be fair that was also likely inspired by ff14 dragoons. (Awakening Drakania in BDO also does it, and people also call it dragoon move there, as again ff14 dragoons are tad older than drak)