Will we have furniture for the housing system based on our achievements? We should.

The housing system in any game that has it is a system that offers a variety of items at all levels. There is no such thing as "not necessary"; an object simulating poop to place on the floor will be important to someone. This goes beyond what you want or don't want to do with your house or what you think is cool or not to use as decoration. That is what Housing offers.
We have thousands of achievements in Guild Wars 2. Most of them only offer achievement points, but they can easily be associated with some type of decoration when completed, for example, the Weapon Master and Slayer categories. It would be very interesting to receive a Centaur statue, for example, upon completing Centaur Slayer, or a decoration based on the weapon I completed the Weapon Master with. We have many achievements that have great potential to offer very interesting decorations.
If this obvious possibility becomes a reality, I would very much like to be able to prepare in advance... WvW achievements, if they grant a decoration, will require years of grinding for some...
I don't see any downside to this approach. The simple fact that the Wizards Vault uses some events as part of the Weekly has already completely changed the reality of events that previously had no activity. Imagine the number of players who will be dedicated to revisiting the entire map and game modes just in search of these achievements.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Having mounted trophy heads on the wall for slayer achievements would be amazing tbh!

Also what about our cats or maybe npcs from personal story home instance? Can we transfer or invite npcs to stay over our new player house? I think they already confirmed our resource nodes can be transferred over but what about other stuff?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zera.9435 said:

That would give incentive to play content, that's for sure. I don't think I'll be doing much of anything with the housing stuff until I'm allowed to make a castle, though.

I will be trying to make a castle even if not allowed!

• Haha 2

I would not expect the components of a new system to be awarded for past achievements. Part of the point of something like decorations is to drive engagement and monetization. Giving them out for activities long since completed would undermine that point.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I would not expect the components of a new system to be awarded for past achievements. Part of the point of something like decorations is to drive engagement and monetization. Giving them out for activities long since completed would undermine that point.

The key aspect of decorations is their variety, much like skins. However, for decorations to constitute a true decoration system, they will need a vast, extensive pool of items, beyond the desire of profit or will be a failed system.
As happened with the new WvW and PvP titles, they didn't require anyone to continue from where they had left off when there was a limit; they simply read the progress and awarded the title. Old achievements are not a barrier to engagement and monetization

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Didn't we 'get' certain objects for completing the Vanilla story? It's been a while a since I checked the logs. I am pretty sure there was a picture of objects next to the completed chapter that we allegedly obtained.

I mean, it's a good way to tie it in.

Edited by Zeivu.3615
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zeivu.3615 said:

Didn't we 'get' certain objects for completing the Vanilla story? It's been a while a since I checked the logs. I am pretty sure there was a picture of objects next to the completed chapter that we allegedly obtained.

I mean, it's a good way to tie it in.

You get a choice of weapon skins if you speak to a specific NPC at the end. I don't recall anything else, but it's been a while

16 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

You get a choice of weapon skins if you speak to a specific NPC at the end. I don't recall anything else, but it's been a while

No. In the actual story journal. You never get the actual item listed there. It was just an image, but there were trophy objects you supposedly received relating to the chapter and its completion. Edit: Anet never went anywhere with them and it was mostly for literary purposes.

Edited by Zeivu.3615
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, BatelGeuce.3591 said:

Yeah, they'll be rewards for your irl achievements that you can further prove with your credit card.

No reason they won't have decorations exclusive to gem store and others you can get from achievements!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Therac.6431 said:

The key aspect of decorations is their variety, much like skins. However, for decorations to constitute a true decoration system, they will need a vast, extensive pool of items, beyond the desire of profit or will be a failed system.
As happened with the new WvW and PvP titles, they didn't require anyone to continue from where they had left off when there was a limit; they simply read the progress and awarded the title. Old achievements are not a barrier to engagement and monetization

Variety is the most key, yes, but flexibility is a close second.  The more freedom to rotate, place, group, clip, and even re-size, the better.  I know the software likely can't do all that, and the preview really makes it look like it'll just be the same system as guild halls scaled down to a one-person effort level.  But man did ESO spoil me with what housing can be.  (No re-sizing there, that bit comes from Dungeon Alchemist which is an entirely different thing, but it taught me how handy that can be for putting looks together in a house).

As a player with a lot of achieves, of course I like the idea of being showered with options from the get-go.  But I'll understand if they want everyone to start fresh with the houses.

13 hours ago, Therac.6431 said:

Old achievements are not a barrier to engagement and monetization

Not inherently, but if the rewards developed at a cost by the company are given out for effort spent years ago rather than encouraging new engagement then yes it is just such a barrier. And without profit there is no product.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Not inherently, but if the rewards developed at a cost by the company are given out for effort spent years ago rather than encouraging new engagement then yes it is just such a barrier. And without profit there is no product.

The profit is under the sell of a "expansion" with only this content to carry every sell, ground spear is a lazy slot to what must be a specialization and recycle of war claw is 0 effort, still no barrier here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/11/2024 at 2:22 AM, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

No reason they won't have decorations exclusive to gem store and others you can get from achievements!

I mean, I'd be glad if they did it but I also experienced introduction of skins for mounts, gliders, skiffs, fishing rods and so on and how many of those can you get as rewards for achievements?

• Thanks 1