Legendary Spear - Requires 2 copies to use both underwater and on land?

Heya.

Doesn't concern me much personally (since I don't intend to make a legendary spear anytime soon), but been wondering how they'll implement this. On classes that can use spear underwater, would they have to craft two legendaries just to be able to have it equipped in both the on land slot and the underwater slot? With weapon swap slots and 1h dual-wielding legendaries, it makes kinda sense that you need multiple copies since you're using multiples of the weapon at the same time. But this is the first case of having a underwater weapon be a land weapon too. You're never using underwater and on land at the same time. Shouldn't it then be possible to have a legendary fill both the underwater and one on-land slot at the same time? I fear it won't be like this, with them also implementing it so you can't use the same spear on land and in water. Just wish they'll implement it in a more player-friendly manner, considering the effort it takes to make a legendary and the QoL it's supposed to give.

• Confused 3

I'm pretty sure as far as the game is concerned it's the same as weapon swapping or main/off hand weapons - it's a different slot so it needs another weapon. When I made a legendary dagger I kept thinking there must be some way for my thief to use it in the main hand slot of one weapon set and the off hand slot of the other, but there wasn't so I had to get an ascended dagger and reskin it to look like the legendary.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Heya.

Doesn't concern me much personally (since I don't intend to make a legendary spear anytime soon), but been wondering how they'll implement this. On classes that can use spear underwater, would they have to craft two legendaries just to be able to have it equipped in both the on land slot and the underwater slot? With weapon swap slots and 1h dual-wielding legendaries, it makes kinda sense that you need multiple copies since you're using multiples of the weapon at the same time. But this is the first case of having a underwater weapon be a land weapon too. You're never using underwater and on land at the same time. Shouldn't it then be possible to have a legendary fill both the underwater and one on-land slot at the same time? I fear it won't be like this, with them also implementing it so you can't use the same spear on land and in water. Just wish they'll implement it in a more player-friendly manner, considering the effort it takes to make a legendary and the QoL it's supposed to give.

The QoL it's supposed to give is that you're able to equip it on all your elligible characters in one weapon slot. If you want 2, you need to have 2 legendaries. That's why I have 2 legendary swords, 2 legendary daggers and 2 legendary axes already. Just made the gen1 legendary spear and when it comes out I will make the second one as well. 

I mean it used to be that a legendary weapon was just equippable on one character, so with the legendary armory it became a lot more player friendly already. They are the same weapon but they have different skills above and below water and as such are two different weapons when equipped. People may not like it but there it is.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

The QoL it's supposed to give is that you're able to equip it on all your elligible characters in one weapon slot. If you want 2, you need to have 2 legendaries. That's why I have 2, legendary swords, 2 legendary daggers and 2 legendary swords already. Just made the gen1 legendary spear and when it comes out I will make the second one as well. 

I mean it used to be that a legendary weapon was just equippable on one character, so with the legendary armory it became a lot more player friendly already. They are the same weapon but they have different skills above and below water and as such are two different weapons when equipped. People may not like it but there it is.

So in the next expansion they can introduce legendary characters. All legendaries, all the time! 😉

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1