Why is there no Deluxe Upgrade on the Gem Store?

2 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Every previous expansion has had the option to upgrade your Standard Edition to Deluxe via the Gem Store.

Janthir Wilds hasn't. Why? @Rubi Bayer.8493

Hey there, there was an update posted before that it was put up too early pulled back down for now, so I think it's fair to say it's coming just not released just yet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the previous ones were added to the gem store when the expansion released, so I suspect this one will be the same.

Also it'll only be visible to people who buy the standard edition of JW. If you buy the deluxe or ultimate edition you've already got everything in the upgrade so you can't get it again, and if you don't own the expansion at all you can't buy it. (I'm not sure why it doesn't show up instead of being locked like other items - like the mount and glider skins.)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think the previous ones were added to the gem store when the expansion released, so I suspect this one will be the same.

That was not the case with SotO, it's why I asked. 😉 I could buy the SotO Standard Edition on release and then upgrade immediately to Deluxe via the Gem Store.

30 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Also it'll only be visible to people who buy the standard edition of JW.

Of course! 😄

• Confused 3

On 6/12/2024 at 7:12 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Every previous expansion has had the option to upgrade your Standard Edition to Deluxe via the Gem Store.

Janthir Wilds hasn't. Why? @Rubi Bayer.8493

Deluxe is a noob trap anyway. You're most likely gonna buy gems at some point and you get 4000 gems for half the price in the Ultimate edition.

If you have the money always go for the Ultimate Edition.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Malus.2184 said:

Deluxe is a noob trap anyway.

If someone wants something from a Deluxe Upgrade (a guild hall decoration, a special emote, or in this case the homestead deco), it doesn't make them a noob and they have the right to get it when they have plenty of gold on their account and nothing else to do with it than to convert it to Gems in order to get that Upgrade. (Oh, and I have been with the franchise since 2005, so "noob trap" doesn't apply here. 😉 I want to save money, not waste it.)

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

Deluxe is a noob trap anyway. You're most likely gonna buy gems at some point and you get 4000 gems for half the price in the Ultimate edition.

If you have the money always go for the Ultimate Edition.

I think you misunderstood. This topic is about the deluxe upgrade, which is sold in the gem store. It gives people who bought the standard edition a way to get the deluxe edition items later on. The OP is buying the standard edition and then using gold (converted to gems) to get the deluxe upgrade, meaning they don't pay any extra at all for it.

For what it's worth I agree that if someone buys gems periodically anyway and can trust themselves to hold onto them until there's something they actually want it's better to get the ultimate edition, because then it's like you're buying the expansion and a gem pack and getting the deluxe items very cheap. But that doesn't mean it's a better option for everyone who can afford it. If they want the deluxe items and are never likely to use the gems (or can get all the gems they want with gold) then it would be a waste of money to buy them.

• Like 1