Elixir X

bethekey.8314

On 6/25/2024 at 12:19 PM, bethekey.8314 said:

Elixir X now occasionally doesn't do anything and goes on full CD.

Saw someone report that if you jump and are in the air while you roll Lich it just doesn’t trigger.  Haven’t sat in the training room spamming reset to confirm yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerus.4350 said:

Saw someone report that if you jump and are in the air while you roll Lich it just doesn’t trigger.  Haven’t sat in the training room spamming reset to confirm yet.

Same with a load of other skills. I pre-cast the skill, and then jump, and the skill doesn't do anything.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Daxia.1425 said:

Thats funny 😄

It’s a funny engineer fact, as many other skills made with purity of purpose in mind.

In WvW lich form is so worthless it’s effectively killing yourself, just instantly shift back into engineer and hope for better RNG next time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2024 at 2:41 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

It’s a funny engineer fact, as many other skills made with purity of purpose in mind.

In WvW lich form is so worthless it’s effectively killing yourself, just instantly shift back into engineer and hope for better RNG next time.

I've started to like lich form more and more. I usually pop Elixir X to force a stun break and stab using rampage or tornado, and then kill them with a CC chain after I come out of transformation. When I get lich, I just pivot into just killing them. It's worked out pretty good.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, H K.4057 said:

I've started to like lich form more and more. I usually pop Elixir X to force a stun break and stab using rampage or tornado, and then kill them with a CC chain after I come out of transformation. When I get lich, I just pivot into just killing them. It's worked out pretty good.

Ahh so the trick is to just kill the enemy, why didn't I think of it

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2024 at 11:34 AM, H K.4057 said:

right up until they learn to pop their reflect 🙂

On 8/3/2024 at 10:17 PM, CallousEye.5018 said:

In PVP you don't want random things to happen when you press an important button, it's a badly designed skill. It'd be really nice if there was a stun break in the elite slot that all engi builds could use.

Exactly!

We are engis, we love control and we don't want casual skills!!

PS:

You can create en elite (Elixir X) that gives us a pool health in addiction, as the necro, it coud be fun to have an elixir that do that, to power our body!

• 4 weeks later...

Idk how hard it can be to creat smth fun and interesting but heres an example of smth thats 5000% more niteresting than what the solution anet came up with for this skill.

Change the 3 GM traits in Alchemy to enhance Elixir x in 3 different ways, making the skill more reliable and the choices more impacful and interesting for different play styles

Gm trait1: Elixir X always turns you into a Tornado with new effects. The tornado will continously spawn up to 3 smaller tornadoes that move around over its duration. Each small tornado lasts for 6 second and can only be spawned every 2 seconds
nr1: tornado and smaller tornado dazes nearby enemies on the first hit and deals damage on enemies who stays in their range. daze can only happen once per transform
nr2: tornado and smaller tornados blinds and cripple enemies within range
nr3:tornado and smaller tornado shoots lightning bolts every 2 seconds in addition to dealing dmg onc eevery 3 second

Gm trait nr2: Elixir X always turns you into a juggernaut with new effects: In addition to pulsing stability you also pulse might to yourself
nr1 auto
nr2 spin around and deal dmg
nr3 leap to a targeted area and knock ppl down
nr4: same
nr5: Stand still and bash the ground repeatedly (ranger mace 5 animation) cascading in a cone infront of you dealing increased dmg every pulse.

Gm3 always turn you into a lich with new effects.
nr1 auto
nr2 toss an elixir on the ground that applies fury and might to allies and applies weaknes and vuln to enemies
nr3 spew a cone of acid infront of you fearing enemies and applying weakness, and applies stability to allies 
nr4: create an area beneath you that corrupts boons of enemies
nr5: tether yourself to allies making their next 6 hits apply poison

On 9/3/2024 at 4:22 PM, Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

Idk how hard it can be to creat smth fun and interesting but heres an example of smth thats 5000% more niteresting than what the solution anet came up with for this skill.

Change the 3 GM traits in Alchemy to enhance Elixir x in 3 different ways, making the skill more reliable and the choices more impacful and interesting for different play styles

Gm trait1: Elixir X always turns you into a Tornado with new effects. The tornado will continously spawn up to 3 smaller tornadoes that move around over its duration. Each small tornado lasts for 6 second and can only be spawned every 2 seconds
nr1: tornado and smaller tornado dazes nearby enemies on the first hit and deals damage on enemies who stays in their range. daze can only happen once per transform
nr2: tornado and smaller tornados blinds and cripple enemies within range
nr3:tornado and smaller tornado shoots lightning bolts every 2 seconds in addition to dealing dmg onc eevery 3 second

Gm trait nr2: Elixir X always turns you into a juggernaut with new effects: In addition to pulsing stability you also pulse might to yourself
nr1 auto
nr2 spin around and deal dmg
nr3 leap to a targeted area and knock ppl down
nr4: same
nr5: Stand still and bash the ground repeatedly (ranger mace 5 animation) cascading in a cone infront of you dealing increased dmg every pulse.

Gm3 always turn you into a lich with new effects.
nr1 auto
nr2 toss an elixir on the ground that applies fury and might to allies and applies weaknes and vuln to enemies
nr3 spew a cone of acid infront of you fearing enemies and applying weakness, and applies stability to allies 
nr4: create an area beneath you that corrupts boons of enemies
nr5: tether yourself to allies making their next 6 hits apply poison

That's not a good approach. You'd be forced to use X with Alchemy, and you don't always want that.

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, bambi.6214 said:

That's not a good approach. You'd be forced to use X with Alchemy, and you don't always want that.

just an example. and even so its still way more interesting than anets solution. if u wanted a trait that allows u to not waste the traitline while running elixir x u could jsut remove the lich part altogether and make a trait for a random boon or smth. 
point in case anets solution was the single laziest thing ive seen and coming up with something even just little bit more eye catching isnt hard