How will gathering nodes work in Homestead?

Echostorm.9143

As Schimmi said, they seem to have fixed placements.

However, the video also shows that there will be an option to auto-gather all nodes (of a building) with one click.
Apparently there is also an option for the glyph used for auto gathering.

In other words, you won't even need to place them all together in the most efficient position.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kiroho.4738 said:

However, the video also shows that there will be an option to auto-gather all nodes (of a building) with one click.

In other words, you won't even need to place them all together in the most efficient position.

They did say it wont be in at release of JW tho.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Yeah but how many building are there that they could be attached to?  If there are 10 buildings would we need 10 glyphs?  I saw a couple in a cave in the video, is the cave a building?

• Confused 3

5 hours ago, Echostorm.9143 said:

Yeah but how many building are there that they could be attached to?  If there are 10 buildings would we need 10 glyphs?  I saw a couple in a cave in the video, is the cave a building?

After watching the video, I suspect a Mine for your Ore, a Lumber Mill for your wood and a garden/farm for your Plant Nodes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Echostorm.9143 said:

The video doesn't show how it works, just that there is an option for glyphs.

I imagine the dialogue will just ask what glyph you want to use and you need to have it in your inventory or something like that.

As for the buildings there are three, one for each type of nodes. A farm (plants), a lumber mill (trees) and a mine (ores). All three pretty clode together as well.

Aside from that, even with the auto gather feature not available at launch, you can see in the video that the nodes per building are all close together. So even if we can't place them on our own, it's still efficient to gather them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

The video doesn't show how it works, just that there is an option for glyphs.

I imagine the dialogue will just ask what glyph you want to use and you need to have it in your inventory or something like that.

As for the buildings there are three, one for each type of nodes. A farm (plants), a lumber mill (trees) and a mine (ores). All three pretty clode together as well.

Aside from that, even with the auto gather feature not available at launch, you can see in the video that the nodes per building are all close together. So even if we can't place them on our own, it's still efficient to gather them.

How could you tell there was 1 building for each type of node?   Do you work for anet?

• Confused 3

6 hours ago, Echostorm.9143 said:

How could you tell there was 1 building for each type of node?   Do you work for anet?

I do not work for Anet, but I don't have to to know that.

I can tell, because it's clearly shown in the video from PC gamer.
It shows the farm with the gathering nodes, the lumber mill with the tree nodes and the mine with the ore nodes.
Also you can see on the mini map that all nodes of these three categories are close together.
https://imgur.com/a/T9XWVox

There is a fourth spot for the special items like chests, as you can see on the first screenshot, but that's no gathering nodes.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

I do not work for Anet, but I don't have to to know that.

I can tell, because it's clearly shown in the video from PC gamer.
It shows the farm with the gathering nodes, the lumber mill with the tree nodes and the mine with the ore nodes.
Also you can see on the mini map that all nodes of these three categories are close together.
https://imgur.com/a/T9XWVox

There is a fourth spot for the special items like chests, as you can see on the first screenshot, but that's no gathering nodes.

Thanks, I didn't see the mini map while watching the video.