What are your thoughts on Boiling point?

Stalima.5490

I find this a little odd considering we can get fury from just about anywhere and especially when elixir B can permanently maintain fury anyway if you are really going for alchemy self-buffing.

Regardless, there's kinda a problem with self buffing in the game atm considering such traits become the equivilent of taking nothing once you are in a group.

The only way I could see it working very well was with juggernaught but then juggernaught does not trigger it on cooldown so you would need the scrapper trait for might to keep it going.

I mean maybe if they just made this where lesser elixir B was but with the might trigger and then it could also trigger purity of purpose but then they would need to figure out something else for the first minor trait.

It may be prudent to expand the boon system, possibly splitting it into major and minor boons to fix this problem, major applying to yourself and minor applying in an area as an example, thus allowing self-boon builds to exist in a party environment properly.

Edited by Stalima.5490

25 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

My main issue with this addition is losing our massive self-sustain trait Emergency Elixir.

I find that what they've been removing is any trait that is passively activating without any input from the player. They got rid of Automated Medic Response activating your heal at 25% and now Emergency Elixir, replacing them with traits require you to press a button or do an action.

I think its a good idea. I only wish they would replace them with actually good traits that don't overlap in functionality with other things.

Edited by Dirame.8521

51 minutes ago, Dirame.8521 said:

They got rid of Automated Medic Response activating your heal at 25% and now Emergency Elixir, replacing them with traits require you to press a button or do an action.

I'm gonna add Reactive Leanses to this. It used to automatically stunbreak+Resistance when you got stunned/blinded. Now it activates on healing skill use, which is fine, I guess...

6 hours ago, Dirame.8521 said:

I find that what they've been removing is any trait that is passively activating without any input from the player. They got rid of Automated Medic Response activating your heal at 25% and now Emergency Elixir, replacing them with traits require you to press a button or do an action.

I think its a good idea. I only wish they would replace them with actually good traits that don't overlap in functionality with other things.

They recently changed emergency elixir to procc off of elite use so it wasn't passive anymore.

2 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

I'm trying to figure out what kind of build would be running this, some kind of flamethrower scrapper maybe?

My build runs this. pure damage/spike build. Utilizes full elixirs.

Posted (edited)

Just to re-iterate, this trait doesn't seem to correctly sync with juggernaught, which by the timers should provide it every 3 seconds but doesn't (juggernaught also fails to maintain relic of the herald.

Edited by Stalima.5490

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2024 at 12:41 PM, jason.1083 said:

I'm gonna add Reactive Leanses to this. It used to automatically stunbreak+Resistance when you got stunned/blinded. Now it activates on healing skill use, which is fine, I guess...

It's really bad. It makes A.E.D. much, much worse, and it makes no sense why a gadget focused trait makes the gadget heal worse. I just dislike the whole "activate-on-heal" thing they have going. The "activate-on-elite" thing is less annoying, but still bad.

Edit: On topic, I really like Boiling Point. Along with the other buffs to the Alchemy traitline, Boiling Point makes it more viable to replace Explosives with Alchemy. It gives us more build flexibility, which is always a good thing. The only thing I would change is either reduce the internal CD or increase the duration. 3 second ICD and 4 second duration would make it on par with Short Fuse.

Edited by H K.4057
On topic thoughts.
  • Like 1

I like the way it is. (only the internal cooldown refreshing is a bit strange, its 1 sec miss out, so not a big deal.) Hopefully they dont break it apart. Finally, I could return to my 'ol flamethrower build + alchemy. Since Rifle gradually nerfed, i peaked back to something more resiliant with stability in my way. The mecha is huge friend for this trip.

'So please Anet dont delete/rework this trait.' 

Boiling Point is very weak in its current form. My suggestion is to increase the ICD to 10s, increase base duration to 5s, and add some a secondary effect (a small amount of damage + burning and/or blind would fit the theme of "Boiling Point") OR just add a flat 5% increase to all damage while under the effects of fury. This would add a bit of value to taking Alchemy as you are losing a lot of damage in the first place.

You pretty much have to take Explosives to do any respectable amount of damage so that means you have to choose between Tools and Alchemy.  Even after the recent changes to Alchemy, I would argue that Tools is still better in most cases. The vigor + 10% increased damage with vigor and tool belt skill reduction overshadows everything in Alchemy. 

Edited by Exalted Quality.8534
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2024 at 3:01 AM, Exalted Quality.8534 said:

Boiling Point is very weak in its current form. My suggestion is to increase the ICD to 10s, increase base duration to 5s, and add some a secondary effect (a small amount of damage + burning and/or blind would fit the theme of "Boiling Point") OR just add a flat 5% increase to all damage while under the effects of fury. This would add a bit of value to taking Alchemy as you are losing a lot of damage in the first place.

You pretty much have to take Explosives to do any respectable amount of damage so that means you have to choose between Tools and Alchemy.  Even after the recent changes to Alchemy, I would argue that Tools is still better in most cases. The vigor + 10% increased damage with vigor and tool belt skill reduction overshadows everything in Alchemy. 

Alchemy is not an offensive tree

I use Boiling Point in a few open world builds as my only source of Fury so I personally don't want anyone touching it lol

2 hours ago, CallousEye.5018 said:

I was trying out mechanist PVP and I think it can run Alchemy without much of a loss compared to other builds, I didn't find 20% chance to crit even with 100% uptime compelling over backpack regenerator.

In PvP, you'd rather ~100 hps over 20% crit? That's a pittance! What's 100hps going to do for you in a game mode where most builds are threatening to 1-shot you if you miss a dodge? 

Pretty sure the crit far outweighs slow sustain. Maybe if you're *super* tanky and are just stalling (somehow??) cycling every block/barrier/shield engi's got, I guess it could add up to some healing across a long fight.

If you think about it, the crit is kind of sustain too, because killing the enemy faster means they damage you less

2 hours ago, coro.3176 said:

In PvP, you'd rather ~100 hps over 20% crit? That's a pittance! What's 100hps going to do for you in a game mode where most builds are threatening to 1-shot you if you miss a dodge? 

Pretty sure the crit far outweighs slow sustain. Maybe if you're *super* tanky and are just stalling (somehow??) cycling every block/barrier/shield engi's got, I guess it could add up to some healing across a long fight.

If you think about it, the crit is kind of sustain too, because killing the enemy faster means they damage you less

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAo6lxy4YuMPWMWqTtxcA-DaJtMSoAyPB04EAAA

Together with Rectifier signet (143hps) it becomes 264hps where as even though I using a condition hybrid build (Tyrant amulet, Bomb Kit, and Elixir gun), the power damage component or crits without a lot of ferocity and also high burst attacks isn't that appealing. You could look at it as, would you like to regen 121hps guaranteed or would you like to go from 42% chance to 62% chance to do an additional 55% damage (on bleeding targets)? Especially when a significant portion of the builds damage comes from the mech.

The build has some access to fury from Lesser Elixir B as well as condition conversion on Lesser Elixir C and Purity of Purpose, and additionally would only be able to maintain Boiling Point because of Pinpoint Distribution.

No Scope on the other hand can be compelling if you have good access to might and fury because it does more than just give fury, which you might have from something else.