15 min limit on editing posts

BobbyT.7192

I definitely agree that the timer should be removed. If it's also true that too much editing sends your post to be approved then that's mind-boggling. I have a tendency to do a lot of editing after posting, the idea that my posts will likely be checked every time makes me anxious to post :anguished: :/ . It almost feels like a punishment. I understand it's to avoid overload on the forums but the bar should be set high enough not to affect genuine users.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Yep, this is a legitimate concern. I can go into the whole chapter and verse about why it's currently set up this way, but suffice to say I understand and completely agree with your concerns. I'm taking this to our team meeting in 6 minutes, and feel sure that we'll all be in one accord about making some positive changes. I'll be back to explain what those changes will be, and the reasoning behind them, sometime this morning. (Pacific time morning. :) )

Thanks for the input!

Gaile... I'm tense.... it's not the end of the world if I don't have infinite edit privileges... but if there's still a time limit, I'll need you guys to delete my Fan Story thread, and I'll remake it. (If you do keep a time limit, don't delete it immediately as I need to copy it all, save the updates part).

That said, I really hope you remove the edit limit for all ranks.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

@Cronos.6532 said:I did some research. ArenaNet is using Vanilla boards, so it's possible that the edit time could be a month, depending on how they configured it.

Is this the same one as the ESO forums? If so, the time can be set to indefinitely, which would help a great portion of the community.

It's the same as ESO, Xamarin, EA Sports FIFA, Shopware, PLEX, Ethereum.org.

• ArenaNet Staff

As I said earlier this morning, I agree with your concern about this. Here's what's coming up:

• We're going to change the edit limits on "Recruit" level members to 4 hours. This should help accommodate even the newest of members.
  • We're going to completely eliminate edit limits for those who are "Member" and above. This will ease all of those legitimate concerns about guides, fanfic, and other great content that may need to be amended, added to, even removed by the OP. (Tip: If you remove the content of a post, you can input a note, such as "removed content," and then flag the post to request removal by a moderator.) (This change also helps those of us who look back a day later and see a glaring typo that means we can't sleep well until it's amended. ;) )

Forum participants achieve "Member" level after just three days of participation and five posts. This means that those of you who joined us yesterday, with the launch of the new forums, will have unlimited forum edit rights Friday morning (Pacific time). Retaining a limit--albeit an increased limit--on new members is helpful because it aligns with our fraud protections, which actually have a 72-hour limitation on some elements related to account functionality.

Thanks for letting us know about your concerns, and please share any additional feedback in the feedback thread for the forums!

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:As I said earlier this morning, I agree with your concern about this. Here's what's coming up:

• We're going to change the edit limits on "Recruit" level members to 4 hours. This should help accommodate even the newest of members.
  • We're going to completely eliminate edit limits for those who are "Member" and above. This will ease all of those legitimate concerns about guides, fanfic, and other great content that may need to be amended, added to, even removed by the OP. (Tip: If you remove the content of a post, you can input a note, such as "removed content," and then flag the post to request removal by a moderator.) (This change also helps those of us who look back a day later and see a glaring typo that means we can't sleep well until it's amended. ;) )

Forum participants achieve "Member" level after just three days of participation and five posts. This means that those of you who joined us yesterday, with the launch of the new forums, will have unlimited forum edit rights Friday morning (Pacific time). Retaining a limit--albeit an increased limit--on new members is helpful because it aligns with our fraud protections, which also have a 72-hour limitation on some functionality of an account.

Thanks for letting us know about your concerns, and please share any additional feedback in the feedback thread for the forums!

Freaking YES! This is great news! I'm so happy, Gaile! If I could give you more thumbs up I would! And Friday's an awesome day for me as I'm getting Metroid: Samus Returns that day. =) This is wonderful news! :)

Oh! @"Gaile Gray.6029" You guys might want to fix the title next to our star. Currently, everyone is listed as "Member," but when you hover over the star, we see our real rank. Just a heads up. ;)

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:As I said earlier this morning, I agree with your concern about this. Here's what's coming up:

Forum participants achieve "Member" level after just three days of participation and five posts. This means that those of you who joined us yesterday, with the launch of the new forums, will have unlimited forum edit rights Friday morning (Pacific time). Retaining a limit--albeit an increased limit--on new members is helpful because it aligns with our fraud protections, which actually have a 72-hour limitation on some elements related to account functionality.

Thank you very much, Gaile! This was a big worry for me with respect to maintaining my guild, so I'm glad to see some adjustments being made. :)

Thank you for this. It's makes much more sense to limit new posters only at least.

Archived