Relics early game

I've gotten a couple characters to level eighty and having that empty equipment slot is driving me mad. However relics are pretty expensive even the cheap ones. How important is having a relic and is crafting the only way to get them outside soto.

Edited by Isopod.4156
typo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Isopod.4156 said:

I've gotten a couple characters to level eight and having that empty equipment slot is driving me mad. However relics are pretty expensive even the cheap ones. How important is having a relic and is crafting the only way to get them outside soto.

Relics have level requirement (60), you can't use them on low level characters anyways.

• Like 1

You can buy nearly all the relics from the Heroics Notary wvw vendor for wvw currency.  You may have to max-out the Provisions Master wvw mastery.  It wouldn't surprise me if there was a similar spvp vendor

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Tinker.6924 said:

You can buy nearly all the relics from the Heroics Notary wvw vendor for wvw currency.  You may have to max-out the Provisions Master wvw mastery.  It wouldn't surprise me if there was a similar spvp vendor

Not nearly all, only expansion relics are available (so currently soto ones, which is less than half). I think you don't need the provisioner master mastery, but you need to unlock them -through pve or related reward track- before you can buy them from that vendor.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Voegelin.5642 said:

So I have a +21 on my main. What do I have to do to makr that apply to all my toons?

is that perchance about the swimspeed infusion thread below this one? i can't think of anything '+21' related to relics.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The problem is that most are crafted (I think) - and the recipe sheet as well as the mats to craft them ... got pretty expensive when people bought up the resources (that also are used for legendary runes) to get legendary runes before the relic got released. (To get the free legendary relic back then - that was promised to people that owned at least 1 legendary rune before the legendary relic release.)

They created a bit of a problem there. And I always thought this must be annoying for newer player. (Maybe they should add a few relic choice chests to the vault? To select from the core ones. Similar to the ones old players got on their chars before relics got released. Just 1 per season at a high price ... might help already. Similar to the asc. weapon chest.) 10-20g is not a cheap thing for an new player that has still a ton of other stuff to use money on - and catching up on achievements and completion while not having too much time to just focus on farming.

For the runes - recipe sheets + the recipes have the same problem. Though there the prices (for a lot - not all) are cheap since they can be obtained from other sources (as drop or from salvaging) ... making the price on the TP lower.

Edited by Luthan.5236