Marker decoration for where you want your alts to appear in your homestead

We don't really know too much about the alt parking system other than that they will appear in your homestead if you log off there, but I just wanted to throw this idea out there as it would allow for better QoL and create more room for creativity.

Rather than having your character parked in the same spot in your homestead as when you log out (how I assume it is going to work), I think it would be great if you could choose where they appeared when you were there on other characters through a character-specific marker decoration.

This would mean that you could have your alt appear in a specific spot without having to log out there every time. Two examples of how this could be used are having your alts look like they're attending certain posts, or having them be in their own designated living space when they're not in use without having to move to that spot every time you logged off on them.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

I agree with this. It's for an obvious aesthetic reason. If we get an EXP/WXP bonus by logging out in homesteads, then that means that the most efficient place to log out is exactly on the point of entry into the homestead zone. We'll waypoint/teleport to our homestead and immediately log out to recharge our bonus booster. It's the path of least resistance. If we choose potential placements for our characters, then we can be both lazy and have something pleasing to the eye.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2024 at 9:52 PM, Teletric.3821 said:

We don't really know too much about the alt parking system other than that they will appear in your homestead if you log off there, but I just wanted to throw this idea out there as it would allow for better QoL and create more room for creativity.

Please do not require us to park alt in Homestead in order to have a copy of them appear there. There are a lot of usage of alt parking outside of Homestead, but I still want to see them there.

Edited by phandaria.4891
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

On 7/3/2024 at 2:17 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

I just want two things:

1. To be able to choose where each character stands or sits.
  2. To be able to select their posture.

Everything beyond that will be a nice bonus. 😉 

I think we will be able to do both those things. 

I'm wondering if I take a character into the home instance from a parked location and log out, that the next time the character is logged into they will be back at the parked location while they are still visible in the homestead. Have the character just be where the last place they were when they left the home.

Maybe have tools to just set your alts where you want or be allowed to move them without having to character hop to adjust.