WvW restructuring, negative consequences

On 7/13/2024 at 8:10 AM, Chaba.5410 said:

I still don't understand the idea of not joining your favorite commander's guild.

and then what? u join him ur gonna follow just him? what about other commanders on ur server pre alpha permatest?
i still dont understand who had to idea of making guilds 500 man.

we all know people who are equally "skilled" or "good" or w/e u wanna call them will pair together.
we do it everywhere football people try play with equally skilled people.

the only problem here is that 500 people guild is to much theres no equally skilled people left in guilds to deal with it. so the better people will quit out of boredom the bad people quit before already or after.

so at the end this game mode will kill it self.

• Like 4

On 8/9/2024 at 9:42 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

Did you pay for transfers to the linked server after every relink?

I'm not sure what you mean, but when it was server based you would just purchase Gems and if the server wasn't at capacity you could transfer to it. You can still do this but it doesn't affect your WvW server like it use to. Also Server based Communities are soooooo much better because it just meant more!!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

42 minutes ago, reddie.5861 said:

what about other commanders on ur server pre alpha permatest?

What about them?  If one expects to always play with all other commanders on their servers, that was never realistic.  People move on.  Commanders quit and/or transferred and/or got shuffled from relinks.

And then what?  Every player makes choices based on what works best for them.  For example, a player in one of my guilds decided to join a different alliance.  He made his choice this way to ensure that there's a commander and group he enjoys playing with during the bulk of his playtime.  It doesn't stop him either from following other commanders who got placed on his same team at other times.  This player used to join in rallies with other commanders in our alliance, which obviously he can't anymore.  He also used to join another guild that had left the server before WR and isn't in our alliance but he didn't follow them either.  A few other players use alts to continue playing with us and other groups.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Warhawk.6083 said:

I'm not sure what you mean, but when it was server based you would just purchase Gems and if the server wasn't at capacity you could transfer to it. You can still do this but it doesn't affect your WvW server like it use to. Also Server based Communities are soooooo much better because it just meant more!!!

In your post you said you used to pay for transfers.  It isn't clear why you seemed to be transferring around so much.  Were your friends transferring around too?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

In your post you said you used to pay for transfers.  It isn't clear why you seemed to be transferring around so much.  Were your friends transferring around too?

Are you new to the game or something??? I mean if you play WvW especially when GvG was a thing you would transfer for multiple reasons.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

If I'm being honest the reason is irrelevant what matters is I could do what I want and it was perfectly fine the way it was. Community has spoken. Now I pay them no money and I cant do what I want Lose/Lose. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Warhawk.6083 said:

Are you new to the game or something??? I mean if you play WvW especially when GvG was a thing you would transfer for multiple reasons.

GvG was "a thing" back before server links.  Then there's the team swapping that got added to the Mists Arena in EOTM back in 2021.  Since then people don't really transfer for GvGs. 

One couldn't just "do what they want" when a host server was Full and their guild was on the host server.  They were stuck having to pay for transfers to the new link server every 2 months, especially if the host server was popular enough that it could be an entire year before it opened up for transfer.  Now if they want to play with their guild, they just set it as their WvW guild.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Chaba.5410 said:

GvG was "a thing" back before server links.  Then there's the team swapping that got added to the Mists Arena in EOTM back in 2021.  Since then people don't really transfer for GvGs. 

One couldn't just "do what they want" when a host server was Full and their guild was on the host server.  They were stuck having to pay for transfers to the new link server every 2 months, especially if the host server was popular enough that it could be an entire year before it opened up for transfer.  Now if they want to play with their guild, they just set it as their WvW guild.

I clearly stated that you couldn't transfer if it was full so thank you for no help at all. Also "Now if they want to play with their guild, they just set it as their WvW guild." Is not true because like I stated again before if you're not on for whatever life reason, to have your WvW selected to the right guild, then your blocked for a month till the next restructure of playing with your guild. Read a little bit before you start mindlessly defending something.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Warhawk.6083 said:

Also "Now if they want to play with their guild, they just set it as their WvW guild." Is not true because like I stated again before if you're not on for whatever life reason, to have your WvW selected to the right guild, then your blocked for a month till the next restructure of playing with your guild. Read a little bit before you start mindlessly defending something.

That doesn't refute what I wrote. Let's say you haven't been in the game for 30+ days to make a selection, you don't get placed on a team at all.  Players in that situation get a "Join Team" button on the last tab of the WvW panel.  Theoretically they'd find out which team the guild they want to play with is on and chose that one and start playing with their guild immediately.  If you were playing WvW within the past 30 days with a guild but then maybe were gone for 2 weeks, why don't you already have the guild selected before you had left?  Your past selection doesn't get wiped.  The system only places people automatically (and locks them out if they didn't have a guild) if they had played recently.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

... why would you transfer for GvG when it's the Mists Arena and have been for quite some while. First rude and then have no clue, gg.

Reading is extremely hard huh. "  I mean if you play WvW especially when GvG was a thing you would transfer for multiple reasons." First being rude then you have no clue, gg.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

That doesn't refute what I wrote. Let's say you haven't been in the game for 30+ days to make a selection, you don't get placed on a team at all.  Players in that situation get a "Join Team" button on the last tab of the WvW panel.  Theoretically they'd find out which team the guild they want to play with is on and chose that one and start playing with their guild immediately.  If you were playing WvW within the past 30 days with a guild but then maybe were gone for 2 weeks, why don't you already have the guild selected before you had left?  Your past selection doesn't get wiped.  The system only places people automatically (and locks them out if they didn't have a guild) if they had played recently.

I'll never understand losing the freedom to transfer. You can type and glaze the devs all you want. I believe in freedom and enjoying the game. Even tier 1 would have time slots you could transfer in the past. If you wanna see the overall player bases response go look at a poll there is plenty on the forum. If it was so easy to have the guilds aligned and selected it woudnt be such a constant issue with the devs 🤯. Crazy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

"The system only places people automatically (and locks them out if they didn't have a guild) if they had played recently." Why lock anybody out....... You get no rewards, no rankings, and wvw is just monotonous cycle. If it was for Titles or ranks etc I would understand but its not near competitive enough to LOCK PEOPLE OUT. So stupid for a game that should be finding ways to keep people cohesive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Warhawk.6083 said:

Why lock anybody out

Because no one liked bandwagoning ever and that is the one point of feedback that has been expressed in this forum that players have liked about WR. In fact, EU players here have been upset at the rumor of a guild social engineering support into mass transferring them. Even if we went back to server links, players want transfer restrictions.

At one time players used an autoclicker to exploit the way population was determined to get into Full servers in T1 at certain timeslots. Anet then removed that exploit. And you never wondered why?

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Because no one liked bandwagoning ever and that is the one point of feedback that has been expressed in this forum that players have liked about WR. In fact, EU players here have been upset at the rumor of a guild social engineering support into mass transferring them. Even if we went back to server links, players want transfer restrictions.

At one time players used an autoclicker to exploit the way population was determined to get into Full servers in T1 at certain timeslots. Anet then removed that exploit. And you never wondered why?

Anet fixed the exploit problem solved. Also doesn't matter there is still a map population capacity and if the blobs are to much for you, then you could just transfer ☺️. See how that works. Put restrictions who cares. I bet you the frequency in how often I and others transfer would meet those. I don't wanna pay $20 that's a good enough reason to not transfer BUT I WOULD if it meant I could transfer to avoid being locked out for a month of running raids with my WvW guild preference. 

Edited by Warhawk.6083
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Because no one liked bandwagoning ever 

The alliance system is a bandwagoning system. A 500 player bandwagon

"The system only places people automatically". If you pick a guild, then you're placed on their guilds bandwagon alliance to w key 30+v1's or your don't pick a guild and placed on left over servers that get steam rolled cause it's you versus 30+. You can't transfer like before. You can't see what's going on and who's where on server discords because they DO NOT EXSIST anymore and alliances are PRIVATE discords. Alliance is just bad, it's for ppl that like to 30+ v 1 and avoid the enemy 30+ on the other map.

"Since then people don't really transfer for GvGs." You're wrong, ppl transferred. They're asking to do it right now. Worse, this system lacks all the information where the fights are, because we don't have wvw servers and the discord tied to them anymore.

" It isn't clear why you seemed to be transferring around so much.  Were your friends transferring around too?" In game development you NEVER take something away from players. They took away transfers, server discords, they took away balance and they took away any reason to play wvw... unless you like w keying 30+ versus 1.

Tell me how great wvw is and all the w key content it has.

Edited by cajalbelvue.5319
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, cajalbelvue.5319 said:

The alliance system is a bandwagoning system. A 500 player bandwagon

Every team gets bandwagoned to at the same time by these alliances when teams are created with relatively equal numbers of average playhours. Never happened that way under previous systems.

There's some irony in comparing old servers as better than 500 man alliances that certain server communities can't all fit into. Old servers were just 2500 man bandwagons.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

teams are created with relatively equal numbers of average playhours

Playhours is a useless metric to create teams by. Another reason why alliance is dog water. Let players decide where they want to play, they know what's best for themselves.

"comparing old servers as better than 500 man alliances that certain server communities can't all fit into. Old servers were just 2500 man bandwagons."
Comparing 1 person choosing where 500 ppl should be versus 2500 people choosing where they want to be. One brain is stupid solving complexity compared to 2500 brains.

Reasons Alliances is dog water:
1) Removed server discords and all the information those had to facilitate playing wvw.
2) Removed server transfers so players can't choose a server to play on.
3) Incentivized exclusivity with hidden alliances, private/invisible squads, and private discords.
4) Incentivized 30+ versus 1 w-keying fights and avoiding other 30+ groups on other maps
5) Created a bandwagon system of 500 strangers forming a alliance (Dunbars Number hello?)
6) Uses arbitrary metrics like playhours to balance

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Why? Is playhours a arbitrary metric for balancing fights?

We need to balance the basketball  team. How long have you had your gym membership?
Are you just being a cheer leader for alliances? I don't think you're being serious when you ask questions like this. And I don't feel I should bother answering you anymore.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/12/2024 at 7:40 PM, reddie.5861 said:

and then what? u join him ur gonna follow just him? what about other commanders on ur server pre alpha permatest?
i still dont understand who had to idea of making guilds 500 man.

Are you talking from experience?

I can only talk about our alliance. Anyone can join the alliance guild. We have 2 (soon to be 3) more hardcore guilds and 1 more very casual guild. I don't even know how many commanders we have but I would say somewhere between 7-10. Some of them are more hardcore fight commanders but we have just as many if not more casual commanders. Yeah voice is usually mandatory but not always. You also have a chance to train for a commander and the alliance is actually encouraging casual commanders with rewards because we want to ensure more coverage and thus fun for everyone.

And we can't really compete with the biggest alliances (we're only at close to 300 but growing steadily).

I see lot's of activity and it's really nice to have everything at one place. We are not even only limited to wvw. You can also find pve fractal and raid groups if you want. Or even festival grind groups and stuff like that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, cajalbelvue.5319 said:

We need to balance the basketball  team. How long have you had your gym membership?
Are you just being a cheer leader for alliances? I don't think you're being serious when you ask questions like this. And I don't feel I should bother answering you anymore.

" Are you just being a cheer leader for alliances? I don't think you're being serious when you ask questions like this. ". I've wondered this same thing.... its so odd it seems personal to him to defend the new wvw system like its a dev with a burner act LOL. I mean 6.2k posts and half of them are on this topic. 😂

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Every team gets bandwagoned to at the same time by these alliances when teams are created with relatively equal numbers of average playhours. Never happened that way under previous systems.

There's some irony in comparing old servers as better than 500 man alliances that certain server communities can't all fit into. Old servers were just 2500 man bandwagons.

do u really believe that? did u really think anet put work in this system? or they just take all the tagged guilds smash them in big shuffle pot and randomly slap them on a server every 4 weeks or so?
this system is worse then old system. but hey at least people like me get free transfer whenever we end up in server we dont like 😄

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, cajalbelvue.5319 said:

I don't think you're being serious when you ask questions like this.

That's arguing in bad faith on your part then.  It's a fair question.  You stated that "Playhours is a useless metric to create teams by" (not fights).  The scoring system rewards coverage.  The longer one plays, the more they contribute to the score, well beyond what 30 running over 1 player in a single skirmish contribute.  So why do you think it's a useless metric to create teams by?

How do you balance a basketball team when over an entire week some part of that team goes to sleep while the game continues being played?

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Confused 2