Herald QoL: make glint remember active Facets!

Liewec.2896

Posted (edited)

hey gang! this won't be a long post as it is mostly what the title says!

i love Herald for open world solo (and small group) play, i have several of them!

but one thing that is always a minor inconvenience is when swapping back to Glint you need to reactivate all of your passives,

it would be cool if when we switch out of Glint the game would remember which Facets we had active, and then when we switch back it will continue where we left off!

i'm sure i'm not the only player who doesn't really Consume several of the Facets, as having their passive effects active is very useful (especially if you are using them for perma quickness)

so having them remain toggled on whenever we switch to Glint would be a wonderful QoL change.

anyway, thats all folks! thanks! 😄

Edited by Liewec.2896
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

mmm I prefere more choice when I want to reactivate which one, also for WvW and pvp this would a terrible change 

thats a valid opinion 🙂

perhaps it could be baked into Elevated Compassion

since that is the trait which you'll be taking if you want to have permanent boon spam.

Heal allies when you grant them boons. Grant boons to allies when your upkeep cost is equal to or higher than the threshold, Currently active Facets will automatically activate when you switch to Dragon Stance.

Edited by Liewec.2896
  • Confused 1

I'd have to agree with Arazoth - I wouldn't necessarily want to have facets immediately come back on when I switch legends. Sometimes, switching legends is even a deliberate choice to switch off facets without putting them on cooldown. Yes, even when running quickherald.

• Like 8

On 7/2/2024 at 5:44 AM, Liewec.2896 said:

hey gang! this won't be a long post as it is mostly what the title says!

i love Herald for open world solo (and small group) play, i have several of them!

but one thing that is always a minor inconvenience is when swapping back to Glint you need to reactivate all of your passives,

it would be cool if when we switch out of Glint the game would remember which Facets we had active, and then when we switch back it will continue where we left off!

i'm sure i'm not the only player who doesn't really Consume several of the Facets, as having their passive effects active is very useful (especially if you are using them for perma quickness)

so having them remain toggled on whenever we switch to Glint would be a wonderful QoL change.

anyway, thats all folks! thanks! 😄

No

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I switch Legends to reset Facets. In combat, this change would be very bad because now I'm FORCED to cast the Consume to turn it off.

Forcing a waste of skill is bad in my books. Big no from me.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Setup better keybinds. It will solve so many "qol" issues you may think you are having.

i have them bound right under my thumb, its not their location,

its just requiring to hit the same 4 buttons every time i switch back to glint in order to get quickness,

where if i'm using Jalis and Shiro its just 1 button 😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Liewec.2896 said:

i have them bound right under my thumb, its not their location,

its just requiring to hit the same 4 buttons every time i switch back to glint in order to get quickness,

where if i'm using Jalis and Shiro its just 1 button 😉

If you have any sort of gaming mouse, just set up a macro script for it. Every time you swap to glint just hit that macro and bam. Issue solved. 

Yeah yeah, I know, ToS and stuff. But if people can fly around, phase through objects, and openly abuse hacks in the game without punishment; you can run a single button, 4 step operation script.

13 hours ago, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

The problem is they consume energy while active, and you don’t necessarily want that when you switch back to Herald.

i feel more-often-than-not that would be good though right?

if you had fury, might, swiftness and regen passive when you left glint, chances are when you switch back you will want to continue

(probably for the quickness from Elevated Compassion)

but in the off-chance that you didn't want to use them perhaps you wanted to use the heal? congratulations! the skill is already active and ready to go!

i feel like having all of the skills turned off automatically as they currently are is far less useful,

but hey it seems like a fair few people here disagree, so nevermind 😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Okay but like, what if I left Glint with other facets activated (to go offensive as Shiro or something), and I switched back later wanting to immediately Chaos -> Chaotic Release?
Suddenly I've gotta first burn one of the others CDs even though I might not want it in that moment?

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Okay but like, what if I left Glint with other facets activated (to go offensive as Shiro or something), and I switched back later wanting to immediately Chaos -> Chaotic Release?
Suddenly I've gotta first burn one of the others CDs even though I might not want it in that moment?

you'd have plenty of energy to use chaos and chaotic release, you wouldn't need to use any of the other skills first 🙂

chances are if you left the facets passively on when you left glint it is because you want those boons,

and when you switch back to glint you'll probably be wanting those boons again.

or maybe you switched because your health was low and needed to heal (which you can do faster if the passive was already active)

or maybe use the CC as you said (which you could do faster if the passive was already active)

or apply condies with elemental blast (which you can do faster if it was already active.)

Edited by Liewec.2896
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Liewec.2896 said:

you'd have plenty of energy to use chaos and chaotic release, you wouldn't need to use any of the other skills first 🙂

Eh?
Light, Darkness, Strength is -6 in PvP.

You wouldn't even be able to turn on Chaos? And if you wanted to dump any of those it'd have to be Strength, a full 1s cast time.

This wouldn't work in any situation except playing some support herald build in pve lol

Edited by Shagie.7612
  • Like 3

• The only change I would like is that True   Nature Facets in upkeep/consume part   would be more impactful baseline without   choosing a trait. For certain upkeeps (not   consume) they need a little rework in what   they do: dwarf and mallyx.

• They can ontop of this make Core  Value major trait also affect the upkeep part  and not only consume.

• And the True Nature Facet Upkeeps stronger in competitive, in pvp they aren't usefull/used really.

Side note: Dragon stance consume, boon conversion instead of condi cleanse. Would work with the +2 sec boon extension in theme(unless traited).

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Liewec.2896 said:

i feel more-often-than-not that would be good though right?

if you had fury, might, swiftness and regen passive when you left glint, chances are when you switch back you will want to continue

(probably for the quickness from Elevated Compassion)

but in the off-chance that you didn't want to use them perhaps you wanted to use the heal? congratulations! the skill is already active and ready to go!

i feel like having all of the skills turned off automatically as they currently are is far less useful,

but hey it seems like a fair few people here disagree, so nevermind 😉

Not always. To give one example: What if you expect combat to be over when you switch back to Glint? You might then want to keep your upkeep to 5 pips or below so it's not still draining while you're out of combat. You could blow a facet under your idea, if, say, it's one of those event chains where there are relatively brief periods where you're not in combat, the facets you blow to save energy might not be ready again when you get back into combat.

I could see the logic in your proposal if you assume that you're smacking a boss and/or adds for the entire duration of an encounter with no downtime, but there are a lot of circumstances outside of that where when returning to Glint you don't necessarily want to refresh the exact same facets you had active when you left. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Not always. To give one example: What if you expect combat to be over when you switch back to Glint? You might then want to keep your upkeep to 5 pips or below so it's not still draining while you're out of combat. You could blow a facet under your idea, if, say, it's one of those event chains where there are relatively brief periods where you're not in combat, the facets you blow to save energy might not be ready again when you get back into combat.

I could see the logic in your proposal if you assume that you're smacking a boss and/or adds for the entire duration of an encounter with no downtime, but there are a lot of circumstances outside of that where when returning to Glint you don't necessarily want to refresh the exact same facets you had active when you left. 

thats understandable, like i said for me I see it as simply being a win, but other people have different takes, which is totally valid.

and it seems like everyone commenting here is against the change, so its all good 😉