A Humble Request, please make Heal Vindicator PvE Viable.

Arenir.1032

14 hours ago, Jobber.6348 said:

The point is tying Essential boon to one half of one legend is a rather suffocating implementation that is very biased in design. Renegade doesn't do this, and Herald doesn't do this either, their Essential Boons can be accessed anytime as long as you either push a button or turn on an Upkeep. 

Making Song of Arboreum provide Alacrity makes the most sense to me so that the player can continue using Death Drop or Vassals for Prot and Might or Saint for Barrier and Heal.

My proposal is this:

Song Of Arboreum

- Your dodges now provide Alacrity in a 360 radius

On Activation of Energy Meld:

- Grant Vigor to yourself and nearby allies

- Next dodge is empowered to Extend Boon Duration for 3s in a 360 radius

I think this is for the best, making the Essential Boon simply come out via normal Vindicator play, but you sacrifice Reaver's Curse for it. 

Additional changes that can be considered:

- Death Drop is now a Leap Finisher after the dodge is completed

- Saint of Zu Heltzer is now a Blast Finisher

- Urn of the Saint now leaves a Water Field behind after smashing

I feel like this is needed after Vindicato's gutting, especially in PvE and PvP. 

Having Blast Finisher on a heal dodge is pretty nice to have if we can create Water Fields with Urn and increases the uses of Karakosa. And for PvP, having the player use their Death Drop to Leap Finisher the Urn smash Water Field is healthier than going Urn Smashing as you run away every 2 seconds but isn't so suffocating that you are stuck with 2 bad heals and a 10 second cooldown heal that isn't even that strong. 

Yea being able to passively apply boons and buffs is what makes the top support healers the top. Why I love my chono support. Cause I just play chronomancer and apply the buffs, I am not going out of my way to hit a weird button that normally I wouldn't use (renegade), or having to set up some baffling combo to get the buff (Looking at you scrapper) I am just playing. And I discredit heal support herald because heal support herald is hamstrung by their mechanic that is fine for DPS herald, but not so fine for heal support.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Alac Mirage doesn't have to double up on weapons. Never understood that logic. Just need to trigger the dodge on CD basically and you do that by putting more mirrors into your build and using those on CD as well. You might be thinking of Untamed Ranger's.

Because the Alac only comes from Staff Ambush, you double up on two Staffs for Sigil swaps. Also the fact that if you swap to anything that isn't Staff, you just unnecessarily stress your own Alacrity output. Rather just run two staffs and chill. 

Honestly, Alac Mirage is the stupidest implementation of an Essential Boon I've ever seen, even more so than Funny Haha Bladesworn Dragon Slashing for Alacrity (which has funny imagery if you think about it)

Edited by Jobber.6348
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jobber.6348 said:

Because the Alac only comes from Staff Ambush, you double up on two Staffs for Sigil swaps. Also the fact that if you swap to anything that isn't Staff, you just unnecessarily stress your own Alacrity output. Rather just run two staffs and chill. 

Honestly, Alac Mirage is the stupidest implementation of an Essential Boon I've ever seen, even more so than Funny Haha Bladesworn Dragon Slashing for Alacrity (which has funny imagery if you think about it)

Oh I know  why they do it but it is unnecessary and far from needed as the other post implied. If you aren't just spamming and making sure you have all 3 clones out when you ambush your alac uptime should be maxed fairly consistently.

But I certainly agree that tying it to that mechanic is dumb. Mirage is just a weird beast in general, gameplay and mechanically, compared to other ambushers. Also the fact they pretty much gave Mirage the chance to maybe become heal support with the rifle and went... nah, and gave them an absolute crap ambush boon for rifle just has left me absolutely gobsmacked by whoever the person doing the designs are lately.

9 minutes ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Oh I know  why they do it but it is unnecessary and far from needed as the other post implied. If you aren't just spamming and making sure you have all 3 clones out when you ambush your alac uptime should be maxed fairly consistently.

But I certainly agree that tying it to that mechanic is dumb. Mirage is just a weird beast in general, gameplay and mechanically, compared to other ambushers. Also the fact they pretty much gave Mirage the chance to maybe become heal support with the rifle and went... nah, and gave them an absolute crap ambush boon for rifle just has left me absolutely gobsmacked by whoever the person doing the designs are lately.

The entire problem is the fact that the Alac comes from a weapon specific Ambush. It should and could have just been from ANY AMBUSH as a trait.

Do they really need an empowered Ambush for every single weapon they can wield? I don't think so. Just change Mantle to grant Alacrity upon Ambushing and Mirages can finally use something that isn't Staff for their Essential Boon roles. I know many Mirage mains who hasn't touched an Axe in ever since the dumb change basically telling them "you a staff slave now. too bad, no fun axe for you" 

Anyway, going offtopic: Tying Essential boons to a specific skill or weapon of any part of the build is just plain bad full stop. If we want Vindicator to be Alac provider, do it properly, make it part of their dodge which is what Vindicators already do on the regular without needing specific skill or weapon setup to accomplish. 

Edited by Jobber.6348
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jobber.6348 said:

Anyway, going offtopic: Tying Essential boons to a specific skill or weapon of any part of the build is just plain bad full stop. If we want Vindicator to be Alac provider, do it properly, make it part of their dodge which is what Vindicators already do on the regular without needing specific skill or weapon setup to accomplish. 

There's more than just needing alac boon for vindicator of course they need a way to apply fury, stack might and their stability buff needs to affect the team and possibly have 3 stacks to it. And like I suggested elsewhere I would change imperial impact, personally, to be buffing condition builds. Just tiring how much potential the kit has that is going to waste. Definitely need a reliable cleanse and ability to provide protection to reliably. Protection and regeneration is pretty much a linchpin for adequate heal support.

14 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

They've pretty much nerfed it to the point where it isn't practical to make the build work with another weapon on swap. Heck, it's barely practical nowadays WITH dual staff.

Honestly, it was just a terrible way to make an alacrity build in the first place. I played it back in the day, but I always knew it had a shelf life. It actually ended up lasting longer than I thought it would.

Simply, they should make HEAL alac vindicator useful and tie it to Imperial Impact, Energy Meld, and Urn. Tying it to Urn as well as Imperial Impact would force the build to play HEAL (which is the point here, make Heal Vindicator viable, not a BoonDPS Vindicator). Shouldn't be a hard implementation. Give easier access on Urn (not with the smash effect, perhaps with a pulsing effect encouraging staying in Viktor) and then give lesser access on Imperial Impact/Energy Meld to help cover the gaps when not in Alliance. Bringing back boon extension on Energy Meld as suggested above would be amazing as well.

• Confused 3

39 minutes ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Simply, they should make HEAL alac vindicator useful and tie it to Imperial Impact, Energy Meld, and Urn. Tying it to Urn as well as Imperial Impact would force the build to play HEAL (which is the point here, make Heal Vindicator viable, not a BoonDPS Vindicator). Shouldn't be a hard implementation. Give easier access on Urn (not with the smash effect, perhaps with a pulsing effect encouraging staying in Viktor) and then give lesser access on Imperial Impact/Energy Meld to help cover the gaps when not in Alliance. Bringing back boon extension on Energy Meld as suggested above would be amazing as well.

If youa re going for heal vindicator then you aren't going to use Imperial Impact. You would use Saint of zu Heltzer. But there needs to be a lot of changes other than just alac to make zu Heltzer stance viable as heal support.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

This focus on Heal Vindicator Alac exclusivity is bordering on illogical and self harming to the spec. By suffocating the flow of Essential Boon, it just makes the overall spec look bad and clunky.

The enemy here isn't DPS Vindicator my friend, it's the other classes that can do your job on multiple builds with enough flexibility to spare. Revenants being already designed with a built in inflexibility with set loadout utilities shouldn't need to suffer further inflexibility in order to become an Essential Boon provider.

Meta observation here:

The Vindicator players here on forum discussing which direction to improve Vindicator is so hilariously like Viktor and Archemorus. One side wants Vindicator to be full DPS and kill all support, one side wants Heal dominance and stick it to DPS. You guys don't even think of the Alliance and what it represents as a whole.

Meanwhile funny blue class just look at each other and go "yea buff us more" sometimes I legit wonder if devs keep nerfing Rev is because you guys keep asking for yourselves to be kept clunky and weak.

Edited by Jobber.6348
  • Like 1

On 7/16/2024 at 10:35 AM, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

There's more than just needing alac boon for vindicator of course they need a way to apply fury, stack might and their stability buff needs to affect the team and possibly have 3 stacks to it. And like I suggested elsewhere I would change imperial impact, personally, to be buffing condition builds. Just tiring how much potential the kit has that is going to waste. Definitely need a reliable cleanse and ability to provide protection to reliably. Protection and regeneration is pretty much a linchpin for adequate heal support.

So um yeah, you can already do all of that....  It has permanent aoe 25 might, fury, regen, prot, vigor and resistance. Also has aoe stab, a group stun break, and amazing condi clear. The problem is maintaining all of that is clunky as hell. The Might and Fury requires scepter 3's allied targeting xD (I hate it too in its current form, but it's the only source of crazy amounts of might and fury outside of herald and renegade.) The Regeneration is easy enough from Amnesty and over caps so fast. Arboreum covers Vigor by itself under alacrity or over caps if running invo's spirit boon. Resistance is permanent with Ventari energy expulsion and a single use of battle dance. It's Protection that's the most annoying and nonsensical to upkeep. Without Imperial Impact (which I agree, needs a new Identity) you have to use shield 4 off cooldown, which is a big nono since it's our aegis skill. Then spam awakening in blue alliance or flash empowered solace in ventari. One of which is a group stunbreak, the other is the empowered gimmick with no way to refresh itself other than blowing up the tablet. Both are bad xD... which then leads to stab uptime falling off because you can't empower expulsion. If some of the ways these boons were applied were shuffled around so it wasn't competing with situational support skills, and scepter wasn't a piece of kitten... we'd have a fully functional healing build just waiting for alacrity to be tied to one of the traits. 

1 hour ago, Jobber.6348 said:

The Vindicator players here on forum discussing which direction to improve Vindicator is so hilariously like Viktor and Archemorus. One side wants Vindicator to be full DPS and kill all support, one side wants Heal dominance and stick it to DPS. You guys don't even think of the Alliance and what it represents as a whole.

I don't think anyone is saying that heal vindi should be the only vindi build and niether are people saying that because vindi already has a power dps build that there's no room for a healing build. That's a weird take away from this thread. It's almost like alliance stance has 3 trait lines and 2 legend swaps inside a single swap that already carry their own theme.... one being raw aggression and damage, and the other being support and healing. Dps vindi only camps red alliance and runs 111 in its traits. (yes there are niche scenarios) that leaves 6 other traits and an entire blue side to make a functional support build. Because at the moment, the only time you go into blue alliance is for self survival or maybe the occasional team support if you're not a greedy little dps goblin. It makes it feel like half the legend is completely wasted. That's why people are asking for a support build, so that side of alliance can be used. There's more than enough room, both builds can exist without issue.

And If you're referring to people only focusing in on heal alac vindi and not dps alac vindi options, that's easy enough to do if anet makes the trait compete with one of the 2 damage multipliers or puts it in the middle column. As long as it's a trait that the heal version would also take .... anything as long as you lose some damage and arent a 40k dps vindi with aoe alacrity xD

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

And If you're referring to people only focusing in on heal alac vindi and not dps alac vindi options, that's easy enough to do if anet makes the trait compete with one of the 2 damage multipliers or puts it in the middle column. As long as it's a trait that the heal version would also take .... anything as long as you lose some damage and arent a 40k dps vindi with aoe alacrity xD

Yes which you realize I have been suggesting for them to put it on Song of Arboreum so that either build can provide Alac with free choice of Death Drop, Imperial Impact or Saint's Shield. This trades off Reaver's Curse which is a source of damage for DPS Vindi. 

Yet we have people trying to tear each other's head off to justify putting it on Urn and the OP themselves suggested putting it on Scavenger Burst of all things. 

Edited by Jobber.6348
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To build on top of my other post, I'll throw up my suggestion on how to add alacrity to Vindicator as well. 

So first. I'd remove the self regeneration from the balance and discord minor. Replace it with vigor and make it and the heal component aoe applications. Adjust the numbers accordingly (especially in pvp areas) but in pve at 100% boon duration I should expect to have permanent vigor uptime and the heal to scale well with heal power. The espec all about dodging really should have a minor that helps it dodge more. The different types of Energy melds might need tweaking with they're endurance returns, Idk.

Second (optional). Empire divided loses it's health requirement. Now the stat gain is based on the current swap. 240 power while in archemorus (red). 240 healing power while in saint viktor (blue). When not in either of those stances its split 50/50. So If I'm on a core legend I get 120 power and 120 heal power.

Third. I'd almost completely rework Song of Arboreum. It still grants aoe endurance, the most out of the other energy meld options still, but now applies it in a pulsing fashion. 8 endurance for a 5 second duration. So you gain a burst of 25 like normal (well 33 if the first tick rolls in at the start) then 8 more endurance per second for 5 seconds after for the same total of 65 endurance. This gets rid of the awkward situation where you waste endurance gained by that button if you use it anytime over 35 endurance. Then with each of these pulses I'd add protection and alacrity. I'm not sure on the numbers here but in PVE I'd say that at 33% boon duration it's able to be permanent if used off cooldown under its alacrity, and at 100% should be extremely comfy to maintain. Keep it at it's 360 radius and we're good.

Lastly I'd change Imperial Impact. I'd keep the 5 might and chill, but I'd replace the protection with fury and then also add another condition to it or a condition multiplier. I don't know what at the moment, but something. This pushes it to be more offensive but it should absolutely not compete with Forerunner of Death in the power department while also giving the support builds an option for an additional might and fury if scepter isn't an option from either not owning soto or not liking scepter (which is 90%+ of the vocal revs at the moment). This comes at a cost to outgoing healing and barrier, but it's an option none the less.

With that a heal vindi would trait 233 for regen, vigor, prot, and alacrity. Or go 232 for additional might and fury at the cost of healing. And finally a Dps alac vindi would go 131.

Edited by UncreativeGreen.2019

5 minutes ago, Jobber.6348 said:

Yet we have people trying to tear each other's head off to justify putting it on Urn and the OP themselves suggested putting it on Scavenger Burst of all things. 

First off, I think the OP had the idea of making a quickness vindi a thing. The rest of the post pivoted into alacrity because there was another post not to long ago that went in on the fact that there needs to be a alacrity healing option for revenant. Heal Renegade isn't greatest at the moment (it works, but just barely and feels bad) and blue alliance seems like the a better option than trying to shoe horn Renegade into a healing build as well. Especially since the devs just tried to focus on bringing back Power Renegade...with a single change kek.

The forums should be where you throw out random ideas and the community is able to help shape them into things you didn't think of before or better help you understand what you're proposal would do. People will be people and will respond however they will. We all have the best ideas for the game while simultaneously having the worst ideas, but we're blinded to that cause it's our idea and its special xD 

At the end of the day, We're all just screaming into the void. We don't have a dev that's knowledgeable or passionate about rev on the balance team at the moment. (god I'd kill if we had someone that was as passionate about rev as that newer balance dev is about ranger. He makes me smile with his insights) So anything rev is more like them throwing kitten at the wall and seeing what sticks.... no matter the feedback this forum section gives them. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

So um yeah, you can already do all of that....  It has permanent aoe 25 might, fury, regen, prot, vigor and resistance. Also has aoe stab, a group stun break, and amazing condi clear. The problem is maintaining all of that is clunky as hell. The Might and Fury requires scepter 3's allied targeting xD (I hate it too in its current form, but it's the only source of crazy amounts of might and fury outside of herald and renegade.) The Regeneration is easy enough from Amnesty and over caps so fast. Arboreum covers Vigor by itself under alacrity or over caps if running invo's spirit boon. Resistance is permanent with Ventari energy expulsion and a single use of battle dance. It's Protection that's the most annoying and nonsensical to upkeep. Without Imperial Impact (which I agree, needs a new Identity) you have to use shield 4 off cooldown, which is a big nono since it's our aegis skill. Then spam awakening in blue alliance or flash empowered solace in ventari. One of which is a group stunbreak, the other is the empowered gimmick with no way to refresh itself other than blowing up the tablet. Both are bad xD... which then leads to stab uptime falling off because you can't empower expulsion. If some of the ways these boons were applied were shuffled around so it wasn't competing with situational support skills, and scepter wasn't a piece of kitten... we'd have a fully functional healing build just waiting for alacrity to be tied to one of the traits. 

No Vindicator does not have an AoE stab. I tested it several times it's a personal stab that it short lasting. Secondly prot is only on imperial impact, not the heal and makes no sense on imperial impact anyways. Vindicator also doesn't have permanent 25 might AoE or fury, not sure where you are getting that from. Vindicator also doesn't have condi cleanse unless you are referring to the staff and I don't really consider the weapons, since other kits don't rely on weapons to do these functions.

Your magic theorem of alternate stances relies on being able to utilize three stances at once, which guess what we can't do. In order to have your stab you have to give up an entire kit elsewhere. It's not a solution, not in the slightest, never mind Ventari's mechanics now require empowering to be ok which means more energy wasted.

• Confused 1

I guess reading is optional.... kind of felt like I described where each boon came from clearly enough... but I guess not. 

55 minutes ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

No Vindicator does not have an AoE stab. I tested it several times it's a personal stab that it short lasting.

Correct, Vindicator does not have aoe stab, however none of the rev elite specs do. You can't look at just what vindicator has and say that its missing things while the other legends have it. This would lead to an extremely overloaded kit.  Swapping Legends is part of the gameplay. Both Ventari and Jalis bring stability.

Secondly prot is only on imperial impact, not the heal and makes no sense on imperial impact anyways.

Wrong. There's also Awakening in Saint Viktor (blue). Once again you can't look at just Vindicator. Swapping legends and using skills are part of the gameplay. Shield 4 and Ventari protective solace empowered do protection as well. 

Vindicator also doesn't have permanent 25 might AoE or fury, not sure where you are getting that from.

Correct. But it does have a bit of might from using Amnesty of Shing Jea. Either from Archemorus skills (red) or Energy Meld. The rest comes from Scepter. Once again, part of the bigger picture regardless of how bad scepter is.

Vindicator also doesn't have condi cleanse unless you are referring to the staff and I don't really consider the weapons, since other kits don't rely on weapons to do these functions.

I'd advise you to go re read what Tree Song does in Saint Viktor (blue). Also yes, both staff and Ventari should be included in this analysis, as you'll be using both of them.

Your magic theorem of alternate stances relies on being able to utilize three stances at once, which guess what we can't do. In order to have your stab you have to give up an entire kit elsewhere. It's not a solution, not in the slightest, never mind Ventari's mechanics now require empowering to be ok which means more energy wasted.

I... I Don't Know where to begin with this one because I'm not sure what you mean by it. Could you explain it further? Do you mean that I can't get stab from Jalis because I'd already be running Ventari and Alliance, or that you don't understand that there's and F3 key for Vindicator that lets us swap between red and blue while still having our usual legend swap? IF its the first, Ventari has aoe stab, its had it for quite some time now. It requires a bit more planning, but I'd argue its stronger than jalis road in certain situations.

I'd advise you to look at the bigger picture when making builds. We can't expect everything to be loaded into a single espec's utility bar or else... well, it'd be overloaded. You need to include weapons, other trait lines, and class mechanics as part of the boon table spectrum. You mentioned Heal chrono only and how you like how it passively applies all the boons. We'll It'd be like complaining that chrono sucks because it only applies self alacrity and either aoe quickness or aoe alacrity, AND THATS IT!!!!!!.... When in reality the weapons, the class mechanics, and the other trait lines bring in almost every boon in the game, solid healing, and good condi cleanse and make it a god tier pve support spec. 

Please please please. Stop and read things. If you don't understand where I got xyz from, please ask and I'll try to explain more clearly.

Edited by UncreativeGreen.2019
Extra quote
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jobber.6348 said:

This focus on Heal Vindicator Alac exclusivity is bordering on illogical and self harming to the spec. By suffocating the flow of Essential Boon, it just makes the overall spec look bad and clunky.

The enemy here isn't DPS Vindicator my friend, it's the other classes that can do your job on multiple builds with enough flexibility to spare. Revenants being already designed with a built in inflexibility with set loadout utilities shouldn't need to suffer further inflexibility in order to become an Essential Boon provider.

Meta observation here:

Meanwhile funny blue class just look at each other and go "yea buff us more" sometimes I legit wonder if devs keep nerfing Rev is because you guys keep asking for yourselves to be kept clunky and weak.

Nobody's suggesting removing DPS Vindicator that I saw.

The alliance stance, however, is flawed at a foundational level, because you're still limited by stats. A DPS vindicator isn't going to have the heal scaling to do much with Viktor. Meanwhile, a heal vindicator COULD flex into Archie for damage when they don't need to heal, but they won't have any crit damage. And with condi vindicator destroyed, you can't bridge that gap with celestial.

Realistically, you don't have builds that really use both. DPS builds will use Archie almost exclusively (plus Shiro or Jalis). Heal builds will do the opposite. But the latter do not exist in PvE because without quick or alac they're a wasted slot. So to draw an analogy with the blue class you like pointing the finger at- this makes Viktor permanently like the F2 tome on a DPS firebrand. You might pull it out for emergencies, but outside of the condi cleanse the heal scaling is too low to really make a difference.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Nobody's suggesting removing DPS Vindicator that I saw.

Didn't say they were tho, I made that comment in reply to this

22 hours ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Tying it to Urn as well as Imperial Impact would force the build to play HEAL (which is the point here, make Heal Vindicator viable, not a BoonDPS Vindicator)

I find this weird "exclusivity" and Heal Vindicator tribalism really disruptive for discussion on betterment of the whole spec, and this isn't even the first time where Vindicator suggestion posts had this weird looming "DPS vs Support" topic shadowing the thread. Why make it so that only Heal Vindicator can be an Essential Boon provider? Why not make the whole spec be able to provide boons and you trade off DPS trait to do lower DPS in order to be an Essential Boon giver?

Edited by Jobber.6348

On 7/18/2024 at 10:32 PM, draxynnic.3719 said:

I'd guess because alacdps ren exists? I could see tying it to a dodge trait being the tradeoff so alacdps vindi does less damage than full dps vindi. Adding it to the urn is probably unnecessary.

We already know if Vindi gets alac they would probably delete Alac from Renegade. Not that the alac button is all that useful since you would have to tank your DPS even more as a renegade to make it viable.

• Confused 1

Who remembers bring the player not the class? 

I hope they flatline group quickness and alacrity. Boons have gotten out of control, and greatly reduce build variety because of how integral and accessible they are to our rotations. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/25/2024 at 2:49 PM, Loboling.5293 said:

That jumped the boat plank in 2013, it has been 12 years and anet still enforcing the bad game direction since then.

Expect more boons spam and less counters.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

On 7/25/2024 at 11:49 PM, Loboling.5293 said:

Arenanet does. They explicitly reaffirmed that philosophy recently and have been making credible efforts to increasing the versatility of professions. They do look at this at the profession level rather than the elite specialisation level, though.

Some of their choices have been questionable and some professions are obviously better at filling a given role than others, but they are trying.