Defending objects rewards is bye bye

Multiple objects don't even contest anymore, even if lord, gate, wall is damaged. Killing players doesn't give the defense reward box. Getting the weekly defense achievements going to be near impossible......

• Like 10
  • Confused 4

I'm in WvW for 2 hours a day, 5-7 days a week, running with a squad that attacks and defends SMC, keeps, towers, and even, occasionally, camps. I've gotten the WV weekly for 10 defense events maybe once since the WV started. With the old WvW weeklies, I've gotten the Tower Guardian (defending 8 towers) maybe once or twice since that was initiated. The defense mechanics have been broken for a long, long time now and Anet has yet to say a word about fixing them.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

i think you not understand.  as example weekly keep defense broken. just not count in achiev like tower defense with same preparing things like kill char, whos kill guard or dmg wall etc.. i not test it so long but as i saw it broken

Another impact of the change to contested is the defense events triggers. Now you have a lot less events since contention is only triggered by siege damage and lord. So once thru a wall there are no more till lord or more siege damage.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Another impact of the change to contested is the defense events triggers. Now you have a lot less events since contention is only triggered by siege damage and lord. So once thru a wall there are no more till lord or more siege damage.

Honestly, I had thoughts this might be a good change, but in practice it just seems like another stealth nerf to defending under the guise of "making things feel good" (for who, /shrug).  Because there are a LOT fewer defense events even happening, and it was buggy getting credit before.  Even the siege changes seem to still favor attackers.  Sure, rams die faster, but that doesn't matter much when blobs are trebbing most things down from range, using even less supply than before.  Multiple waypoints for ewp sounds nice, but never matters cause if we had an equal comp to defend, we wouldn't need the tactic to begin with.  The mode has become increasingly unbalanced in favor of map ques standing on top of each other fighting npcs and a few pugs, like the numbers weren't enough of an advantage.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

Honestly, I had thoughts this might be a good change, but in practice it just seems like another stealth nerf to defending under the guise of "making things feel good" (for who, /shrug).  Because there are a LOT fewer defense events even happening, and it was buggy getting credit before.  Even the siege changes seem to still favor attackers.  Sure, rams die faster, but that doesn't matter much when blobs are trebbing most things down from range, using even less supply than before.  Multiple waypoints for ewp sounds nice, but never matters cause if we had an equal comp to defend, we wouldn't need the tactic to begin with.  The mode has become increasingly unbalanced in favor of map ques standing on top of each other fighting npcs and a few pugs, like the numbers weren't enough of an advantage.

Hear you, like wise was asked tonight to stop fighting so we could fall and gain easier fights. Both of these should not be a thing.  Defense events should encourage fights and failing to encourage fights to stay in tier should not be a thing. Dropping to gain easier fights should be discouraged. Always look to move up.

• Like 3

On 7/18/2024 at 3:50 AM, MedievalThings.5417 said:

I agree. This patch is hamfisted and doesn't provide any incentive to defend. One of the changes they should make is to catas. The closer to a wall they are, the less damage they should do. That would stop the incredible advantage an enemy blob has. When they can crowd the wall, and pull defenders down, it's hardly an incentive to defend.

• Like 2

oh god... got defense as daily, RIP...

Anet needs to remove all objective defense from WV daily and weekly until a permanent solution is in place that it can be completed in a reasonable amount of time, even before this patch you'd be super lucky to have it done under 30min, now it's next to impossible...  perhaps i should say, is impossible?

before this patch it was notoriously annoying to get defense credit, best chance to get a defense participation is running a build that pulses boon passively like herald to leech participation from others; even with that is hard, I think I have only completed the weekly 7 tower defences twice since the no wall repair count change, most of weeks i probably only get like 1 - 3 tower defences.

aside from how the participation count mechanic work is overwhelmingly flawed, another issue that contributes to it is the unkillable boon blob meta

Edited by crepuscular.9047
  • Like 4

On 7/18/2024 at 9:47 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Hear you, like wise was asked tonight to stop fighting so we could fall and gain easier fights. Both of these should not be a thing.  Defense events should encourage fights and failing to encourage fights to stay in tier should not be a thing. Dropping to gain easier fights should be discouraged. Always look to move up.

Tanking matchups and karma trading have always been a bad part of WvW and always will be ... RoS were masters at tanking matchup to get easier fights, because fighting T1 and even T2 meant they might actually have to play WvW not just a few GvG organised 30minute personal pleasure time.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1