NA - only 4 tiers again?

1 minute ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Last round was 6 tiers for EU and 5 for NA.  It was supposed to be some test or expectation of a rush of PvE players trying it out.  Now we back to "normal" number of tiers.

Makes sense.

It really doesn't, though, because nothing has been announced about them removing the extra tiers. The initial announcement didn't say that the tiers were only for the first set. The "update" posted on wk 2 of last matchup said that the extra tiers caused a few issues initially, but they had fixed that problem. Nothing in that update says they're removing the extra tiers, though, only that they were making adjustments to the team creation. 

Considering that their reason for putting the tiers in was due to excess ques during prime time, and that remains an issue now... whatever problems they were trying to fix, are not fixed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, but can you tell me where you've read that they were decreasing from 5 to 4 for NA or 6 to 5 for EU? Because I cannot find anywhere where that's been stated? And the most recent thing I can find is only that they were increasing. So where's the notice they were changing that?

1 hour ago, avalon.3962 said:

Yes, but can you tell me where you've read that they were decreasing from 5 to 4 for NA or 6 to 5 for EU? Because I cannot find anywhere where that's been stated? And the most recent thing I can find is only that they were increasing. So where's the notice they were changing that?

I didn't see it posted anywhere myself.  Though I didn't have the expectation that it would remain increased either.

Edited by Chaba.5410

On 7/28/2024 at 5:52 AM, avalon.3962 said:

It really doesn't, though, because nothing has been announced about them removing the extra tiers. The initial announcement didn't say that the tiers were only for the first set. The "update" posted on wk 2 of last matchup said that the extra tiers caused a few issues initially, but they had fixed that problem. Nothing in that update says they're removing the extra tiers, though, only that they were making adjustments to the team creation. 

Considering that their reason for putting the tiers in was due to excess ques during prime time, and that remains an issue now... whatever problems they were trying to fix, are not fixed.

The excess queues are normally for reset, and then perhaps the day after.

14 hours ago, Celsith.2753 said:

Back to large queues and bl players complaining no one will move map to help them because they can't get back to Ebg. 5 tiers was a much more pleasant experience for me.

Hvae you tried changing alliances? Stacked alliances are going to get queues, assuming you're either in one or matched with one.

• 3 weeks later...