Can we actually do something about Necromancers in PvP?

15 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

If it was so reliable and easy to kill reapers, why is it meta, why are their a minimum of 2 every game? Even in MAT rep posted around here recently, every game had a thief, and necro was still represented, why would they bother?

Why do people talk about MAT final representation to make points about sPVP? To me the effective/realistic metas between environmnets are clearly not the same.” - Direct Flowki quote to said MAT rep. Where necros were at 3, and vindis at 6.

Love when points are conveniently thrown out the window when it’s inconvenient :))

Edited by vilesoldier.9826
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

42 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Idk what to tell you...  but the team with the better DPS wins in any of the two scenarios you are describing.

The only difference is, that the necro will infact die, whereas the Thief will just gtfo and cap your homenode. 

dont focus the thief, no matter what.  Definitely throw something in their direction to keep them on their toes...  But if you 3 people start to mindlessly running behind a DE that is atleast semi competent in kiting... you will lose no matter what.   80% of builds cant catch a DE no matter what....  3 people doing it at the same time has the same result... they still cant catch the DE.

FOCUS THE REAPER.  I am dead serious.     

Momentarily getting the DPS down, by applying pressure to the DE is cool and all.   

But your overall target has to be The Teamfight DPS of their team, and not  some kind of Thief thats also lurking around.

Just try it in a few matches, and see how it goes.  Got nothing to lose kind of.

The thing is... what i am trying to tell you, is how i deal with reaper since the dawn of time.

Ask @arazoth.7290 what happend to the few reapers we were facing the other day.......  easy kills is a understatement.  It was a nonstop 100-0 CC-chain shitshow.  i was even typing "nerf necro so op- Forum-jokes" while we were rofling over those poor dudes.   

Necro is manageable. It really is.   THEY ATLEAST DIE WHEN FOCUSED!

That whole thing only gets out of hand, if you glue a competent team onto it.  Which can be said about alot of specs.

Tactics what tou described yes, don't chase DE, only small pressure that he retreats and then back to main team dps.

Aside that, didn't I gave nice cc chains + stability/resistance + cleanses vs them? I am not sure if I was core or that other one

9 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Tactics what tou described yes, don't chase DE, only small pressure that he retreats and then back to main team dps.

Aside that, didn't I gave nice cc chains + stability/resistance + cleanses vs them? I am not sure if I was core or that other one

Thank god you are here xD  

you were playing that other one. 

But case is... the second we had a necro infront of us... He simply drowned in CC and died. 

End of the story.   

You can deal with reaper, especially outside of coordinated 5man AT comps. 

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

@Sahne.6950 im gonna tell you a secret.... sometimes the reaper is realy good in kiting so you gonna sweap the targed over to maybe the supp cause he normaly tends to also struggle against pressure (at least when played on core Guardian). For real its not everytime "Just Focus the reaper". Most of the time its "Just focus the badest player" xp

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

you wanna focus the target that actually dies, and from there on snowball by outnumbering.

Thats why focusing reaper is the right call here.   They die when focused.

@Myror.7521

Simply focus what dies, to outnumber. Doesnt matter what build. 

But most of the time its the reaper, cuz of said lack of full mitigations.

Generally speaking, i always focus the necro, unless there is a willyblender or (rest in peace) a shatter chrono.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

I think the Pistol made Necro playstyle way too easy and it's just an effective weapon to spam condis I remember noticing right away how many mid tier Necro's suddenly became Plat level. Also the Staff Marks just feel like they have too far of a radius on a similar level of a Longbow radius which I think should be nerfed a bit just to have some sort of counter against them since Nec just seems to have too much going for them

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2024 at 5:12 PM, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Every single game i've played in sPvP for the last two weeks has at least two necros in each team.

I have to burn 4 stunbreaks for each necro per teamfight and at this point its just too much.

Can we tune them down a bit, just a little?

Yeah the necro's everywhere every game is getting tiring 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 7/28/2024 at 3:34 AM, Saiyan.1704 said:

"Necro's now has to say a phrase before they cast Chill to the Bone, within 1.25 seconds.

"I am about to cast Chill to the Bone so you better get ready!"

Even though it is said really fast within that 1.25 seconds, we feel this gives necessary counterplay to a powerful elite."

-Anet

But i play with no ingame sound but chill music on. What do anet?

Popped in to say Necros are fine - Reaper is the meta right now which is less kittenous than scourge. The nature of necro is if their viable at all your gonna see them as a staple in matches. Its fine. Leave necros alone - theres plenty that can be done to move around necros. At Gold3 / P1 right now they definitely  have an impact - but can be beaten too. IMO their balance right now is actually good. 

1 hour ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

The fact that most people here are trying to justify reapers and necros in general while making no point whatsoever, speak volumes

Speaks volumes about what. I'm curious what you think you know that we dont. 

1 hour ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

justify reapers and necros in general while making no point whatsoever, speak volumes

What is the point you're making? My point is simple - Reaper does moderate damage. It's kiteable, and there's counters for reapers. Condi Reaper is countered by support tempest and to some degree Fresh Air Weaver. Power Reaper is counter by Willbender, and Ranger right now. (FYI I dont play reaper, or Necro at all for that matter)

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Haha 1

Yesterday around 20:00 i played againt @Flowki.7194 with 2 reapers in each team. That was interesting so to say 😄 I didnt mind the other necros, but i played Creaper i can tell you, for boon heavy classes 2 necros are a death judgement. Apart from that, Creaper is more like a control spec, its damage is medium as its survivability. Change the reaper to daze mes, and you are not better at all, dazed all the time while you fight against block and invuln 😛 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Popped in to say Necros are fine - Reaper is the meta right now which is less kittenous than scourge. The nature of necro is if their viable at all your gonna see them as a staple in matches. Its fine. Leave necros alone - theres plenty that can be done to move around necros. At Gold3 / P1 right now they definitely  have an impact - but can be beaten too. IMO their balance right now is actually good. 

I think the real killer with reaper is stab curruption, which lines up their aoe CC too easily. But then, withough the ability to CC, what is reaper? I'd rather leave the spec as is than nerf it into complete uselessness. It would be better if sPVP just had spec limits. A couple reapers+support+dh on mid? Curruption+unblockables, its not fun, so hard pass that fight. Although I will say.. thats more about the DH, and less about the reapers. DH is an abomination spec of low effort, high threat/area denial.

9 hours ago, Mythras.2091 said:

Yesterday around 20:00 i played againt @Flowki.7194 with 2 reapers in each team. That was interesting so to say 😄 I didnt mind the other necros, but i played Creaper i can tell you, for boon heavy classes 2 necros are a death judgement. Apart from that, Creaper is more like a control spec, its damage is medium as its survivability. Change the reaper to daze mes, and you are not better at all, dazed all the time while you fight against block and invuln 😛 

Let me guess, there was 0 teamwork and a toxic rev 😜 

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I think the real killer with reaper is stab curruption, which lines up their aoe CC too easily. But then, withough the ability to CC, what is reaper? I'd rather leave the spec as is than nerf it into complete uselessness. It would be better if sPVP just had spec limits. A couple reapers+support+dh on mid? Curruption+unblockables, its not fun, so hard pass that fight. Although I will say.. thats more about the DH, and less about the reapers. DH is an abomination spec of low effort, high threat/area denial.

Let me guess, there was 0 teamwork and a toxic rev 😜 

Ye, you wrote mapchat something about braindead specs and zero teamwork, so ye that was it. I was with Sesska Deathbringer, lil asura necro girly 🙂 

2 hours ago, Mythras.2091 said:

Ye, you wrote mapchat something about braindead specs and zero teamwork, so ye that was it. I was with Sesska Deathbringer, lil asura necro girly 🙂 

Ive gave up on team based specs now.. and joined the solo yolos, Arazoth gave me a build, I adapted it just a little, and sit on home all game, no stress, just duels.

So far, I have made a power vindi rage in map chat "Exzorios you should be ashamed of yourself playing that"

An SPB rage in /w "that build is bs"

Another SPB leave the game "our SPB rage quit".

This is my home point, there are many just like it, but this one is mine. So to all go far and leave your team short on mid SPBs out there, know this, killing is my business..... and business is GOOOOD 😆

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Ive gave up on team based specs now.. and joined the solo yolos, Arazoth gave me a build, I adapted it just a little, and sit on home all game, no stress, just duels.

So far, I have made a power vindi rage in map chat "Exzorios you should be ashamed of yourself playing that"

An SPB rage in /w "that build is bs"

Another SPB leave the game "our SPB rage quit".

This is my home point, there are many just like it, but this one is mine. So to all go far and leave your team short on mid SPBs out there, know this, killing is my business..... and business is GOOOOD 😆

then my build works 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I mean, ive never had /w from an spb before so, I'd say so

I think new ppl get on the spb train to be a god and go far all day, but sometimes they get some really mean opponent and crumble 😛 I also made an spb and bunnythumper ranger cry, just with good timed corrupts and then chills, ohh and dont forget the poison (with 50% healing reduction). My life is to make boony specs die die DIEEE 😄 

Edited by Mythras.2091