Janthir Wilds is a huge disappointment for me, there are things that I would like the developers to change in the game

Disclaimer: I am aware that different things make different people happy, if you are one of those people who are delighted with the upcoming expansion and the current state of the game, maybe don't read it so as not to get upset, the rest of you are welcome to the discussion

First of all, I am aware that the community may have been waiting for Homesteads, but I consider it a waste of resources and time. I have probably 5 or 6 strongholds (equivalent to a house) in SWTOR and they are all empty because I don't enjoy playing with dollhouses. However, if the home system is what people want, why is it not a castle or a palace worthy of a hero, but a cabin in the wood? Also, I have a question: is the feature of all our heroes appearing in this hut optional? If not, and there's no way to turn it off, then I'm not the one who wouldn't enjoy watching a clone attack in that empty hut, because all my characters look alike and have similar names, they're just a version of the same character just a different class.

Secondly, why is Anet wasting resources and time on creating another raid that will only be played by a handful of the community, and a raid integrated into the main story? The development team itself admitted that only a handful of people play raids, that this content has never been very popular and that creating it is time-consuming and expensive. I do not understand this. The alternative is also not very encouraging. 50-player Convergence will again be a problem for me if I want to play this expansion, say in a year or later.

Third, did players really expect to use spears on land? Will using spears on land be optional? I can't find this information anywhere. If not, I won't buy the expansion because I don't want to use the spear on land.

Okay, now the things that I would like and the changes in the game that I would expect

First of all, please make the game easier for the solo player. I am asking the developers, please, please make the game easier for the single player, and above all, make all expansions and living worlds easier to complete for the story. You can even do an easy version without prizes. It's terrible how difficult this game is and how many moments in the story where you have to ask strangers for help.

Secondly, make all dungeons, fractals raids, strike missions available to the solo player.You can take all the rewards for completion, just make the content easy and accessible. There is so much content in the game that I and other players would love to try if there was an easy solo version.

Thirdly, please add companions, and even better, companions with whom you can romance. Such companions would make it easier to play as a solo player by healing or tanking. The game would become easier and it would be easier to do more difficult content with your companions, e.g. dungeons. Additionally, Anet could sell customizations or outfits for these companions in the gems shop.

Fourth, change your group search and being in a group. Please add the functionality of a group leader to which other players join, a leader who cannot be removed from the group. Now, when I want to play, let's say, some dungeon, I announce a group, I waste time, I wait, and then when the group gathers, they can throw me out by voting because I don't want to speedrun and I want to read dialogues and I want to watch cutscenes, or because I don't I know a mechanics or because they just have such a whim to remove me from the group.

And finally, fifthly, I am asking you to change the system of daily and weekend rewards and related challenges so that it is adapted to the current progress in the plot made by the player. The current system rewards players who have been playing the game for years. When I receive a challenge such as visit 5 vistas in Cantha, I cannot do it because even though I have this expansion and every other one, I have not yet reached this point in the plot and its content, so I am at a disadvantage compared to other players.

And that would be it. Thank you all for your attention and any comments. I would like to ask the development team to take my suggestions into account. I am very much looking forward to at least some of the changes I have proposed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 45

Some answers to your questions:

1. It's a house instead of a castle, because a) it requires less resources to develop a house than a castle, and b) it's easier for the player to build it up into a castle of some sort than to tear down a castle into a house, if that's what they prefer. Having your alts in the housing is completely optional. You place each one there by logging out of that character while inside the housing. If you don't want them there, log out anywhere else, and they won't show up.
  2. They are not. They are developing a raid both as part of the main story/OW and an instance version at the same time, so they can share resources. They already addressed that they stopped making raids because not enough people play them. It's an experiment to see if they can provide raid content by putting it under the hood and shared budget of more popular content, without wasting time and resources on a separate budget.
  3. Many players expect to use spears on land, yes, as evident in the feedback threads, streams, and Reddit posts. It will be completely optional. You don't have to use them if you don't want to.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

I appreciate your thoughts and some of your frustrations, OP.  

Things you don't like in the upcoming expansion:

1.  I'm not especially interested in housing either.  If there are some achievements or crafting, maybe I'll be more interested.   I prefer a cabin to a castle.  The commander/wayfinder doesn't really strike me as someone with servants and groundskeeping.  

2.  I don't raid, I have in other games, not interested in it in GW2 however.  Cheers to those who do, I hope you enjoy the content.   

3.  Yehhh I have not seen the appeal of land spears.   But here we are.  As a revenant main, I hope it improves because the sample was a snore.  

I primarily buy expansions for new exploration and areas to roam around in.   Other features are just some icing.  

Things you would like to see:

1.  I can understand this as a primarily solo player.  I'm always up for more solo content.  I'm sorry you feel anxious asking people for help or simply do not want to....it makes me appreciate the helpfulness of the community honestly.  

2.   It is however an MMORPG.  I have pushed myself to at least try some of the things I don't normally play due to WV, rushes, and some achievements.   I do Tier 1 fractals,  there is minimal chatter with other humans and they're largely very pleasant.  I join strikes occasionally, training ones if I don't know them well.   They're mostly alright, and some are ridiculously easy.   I can see wanting to solo, but again it's an MMORPG.   

3.  I don't RP.  I don't want to dress the paper dolls.   Also I loathe NPCs walking around with me.  

4.  I get your frustration, I think that some things with group would be nice to have more control of.  Start your own group, in LFG specify you will be reading and watching cutscenes and that is not a speed run.  Some people are still kittens but you should find enough people who are fine with that or would also enjoy the story.   

5.  That has been an issue forever with dailies, and I guess it still is?  However, there are enough options you should be able to skip the offender and still get your daily WV.  

It's hard to make something for everyone.  GW2 does a decent job of it.  I would consider looking up some of the Lord Hizen builds and YouTube videos for hard core solo'ing group content btw.  

• Like 6

1) Make it easier? I have a secondary warrior who does like 5-6k dps and he has never struggled with story. And I am not a skilled player. It can't get any easier and it shouldn't either.

2) No objections, but they've said bringing dungeons up to scratch is a massive undertaking in the past. Is there really any gain for it when you can just advertise for a group. It's group content in a group game after all

3) No to companions. It doesn't fit GW2. It would clutter maps and require a level of ai and pathing recognition for npcs gw2 doesn't have. I don't want henchman, heroes, mercenaries or whatever people want to call them in this game nor do I see any need for them. They wouldn't work in dungeons due to above problems and story doesn't need them (nor could they operate the mechanics anyway)

4) Sounds reasonable

5) Sounds reasonable

A lot of this comes down to wanting a solo game. This is a coop multiplayer game and should be treated as such. Story is the solo bit and it's already a low enough difficulty. I'd argue it needs upping. Housing is a popular request. It shows they are listening. You may not use it, many others will. As for raids, it's a fair point that they themselves are aware of. Theyve already said story wont be gated behind it and convergences are still done today because of ties to legendary armour. I do not forsee any issues doing a convergence in the years to come. I ont be raiding because I'm not good enough to push my dps to qualify for them. It's dead content to me, but I don't begrudge it for others

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 11

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

Some answers to your questions:

1. It's a house instead of a castle, because a) it requires less resources to develop a house than a castle, and b) it's easier for the player to build it up into a castle of some sort than to tear down a castle into a house, if that's what they prefer. Having your alts in the housing is completely optional. You place each one there by logging out of that character while inside the housing. If you don't want them there, log out anywhere else, and they won't show up.
  2. They are not. They are developing a raid both as part of the main story/OW and an instance version at the same time, so they can share resources. They already addressed that they stopped making raids because not enough people play them. It's an experiment to see if they can provide raid content by putting it under the hood and shared budget of more popular content, without wasting time and resources on a separate budget.
  3. Many players expect to use spears on land, yes, as evident in the feedback threads, streams, and Reddit posts. It will be completely optional. You don't have to use them if you don't want to.
Thank you for clarifying a few things :-)
Edited by Darves.6798
bad font
  • Confused 6

44 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

1.  I'm not especially interested in housing either.  If there are some achievements or crafting, maybe I'll be more interested.   I prefer a cabin to a castle.  The commander/wayfinder doesn't really strike me as someone with servants and groundskeeping.  

I do not agree with you. My commander is from the nobility, so she should live in a castle or palace

46 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

It is however an MMORPG

I'm sorry, but this is not an argument, SWTOR is also an MMORPG and most of the content is easy and possible to play solo, and besides, many players are like me and forcing them to the torment of playing with others is not cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 20
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Make it easier? I have a secondary warrior who does like 5-6k dps and he has never struggled with story. And I am not a skilled player. It can't get any easier and it shouldn't either.

Forgive me, but just because the game is easy for you doesn't make it easy for others. Maybe a little empathy. For me the game is very difficult compared to SWTOR or FFXIV. The fact that you know how much damage you deal makes me suspicious that your claim that you are a weak player is false. For example, I don't even know how much damage my character deals. Besides, I also proposed an alternative easy version of the difficulty without rewards, played only for the story, is that such a problem for you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 15

17 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Forgive me, but just because the game is easy for you doesn't make it easy for others. Maybe a little empathy. For me the game is very difficult compared to SWTOR or FFXIV. The fact that you know how much damage you deal makes me suspicious that your claim that you are a weak player is false. For example, I don't even know how much damage my character deals. Besides, I also proposed an alternative easy version of the difficulty without rewards, played only for the story, is that such a problem for you?

My claim is not false I assure you. I am at best average - I have 7000 deaths across two characters from story and open world alone. The game should not in a healthy environment cater directly to low end dps players, but strike a balance. If it's too easy, then it becomes trivial and it damages the game in the same way if it is too hard. You can be suspicious of me all you want, but I am well aware of my low skillset, button bashing approach and came to terms with it a long time ago. Sure there are worse players than me out there and that's fine. But the game's story and open world should be balanced to an average model. Something their data and metrics will accurately be measuring. Open world has already been hurt by power creep and needs some fixing in places as it is.

When something comes too hard the emphasis should be on improving with what's available. Ultimately almost everyone gets through the story and that shows there is little issue to be solved.

There are virtually no rewards already for story so I don't see why time should be spent on mutliple difficulties for such a large number of instances. And then we have the slope of "lets make it easier again" or "lets have it harder" "lets have it ultimate". And so forth. They should strive for balance given the range of skillsets players have and that's what they have done - it's already attracting complaints about being too trivial in the latest expansion as it is from better skilled players than me. Anet cannot cater to everyone - it is simply impossible

GW2 attracts casual, button bashing players like me and rewards players who perserveer to better skills. Exactly how it should be. 

So no, I don't think - in my opinion - it should be either lowered or time spent making alternative difficulties for every instance in the entire game. 

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Darves.6798 said:

However, if the home system is what people want, why is it not a castle or a palace worthy of a hero, but a cabin in the wood?

For some pretty simple reasons.
1) The hunting log -ish house fits the overall style of the expansion. A castle would be detached from everything else.
2) To give more freedom. The upcoming homestead has a a cozy home, a few other neat buildings and most importantly much much open space. The more space, the more freedom you have to design the map as you like. A giant castle would take away a good chunk of that freedom and urged you into including that castle.

With the space the got I bet you should be able to build your own castle, if you want to.

Secondly, why is Anet wasting resources and time on creating another raid that will only be played by a handful of the community, and a raid integrated into the main story? The development team itself admitted that only a handful of people play raids, that this content has never been very popular and that creating it is time-consuming and expensive. I do not understand this.

They don't use all resources for raid exclusively anymore, that's the key point.

The problem with raids was that they a) required too many resources but b) too few players played them.

That's why they introduced strikes (to get more people into raiding) and stayed with that concept.

What also happened is that much more people got into 10-man instanced content due to strikes.
You can see a chard about it here (the last picture).
You can see that Soto strikes are about the same level as Raid wing4, even though soto is less than a year old, while W4 is more than 7 years old.

This means point b) -> to few players - is no issue anymore.

Additionally Anet uses a very similar concept for the new raid.
While Strikes uses the same bosses as the story, the new raid will share their bosses with the new convergence.
Both concepts allow them to release more content for less work, so point a) isn't a problem anymore as well.

The alternative is also not very encouraging. 50-player Convergence will again be a problem for me if I want to play this expansion, say in a year or later.

I don't know how long you play or if you ever noticed it, but unlike many other MMOs GW2 does a pretty good job at keeping their old content relevant.

HoT is 9 years old now and their metas are still one of the most popular ones.

I know it's not the case for all events, but even unpopular events/maps like Kourna have their "time to shine" due to daily achievements. WV weeklies also doing their part keeping older content alive.

Another point for the convergence is, that you always can start a privat squad. This means communities, guilds etc. can start these events on their own. Actually even you can start it yourself and gather people via lfg.

Third, did players really expect to use spears on land?

I don't know how many players expected spears on land, I personally did not.

But tons of players wanted spears on land for over a decade now. Including me.

So that's really a positive feature of JW. Probably a better choice than any other weapon.

Will using spears on land be optional? I can't find this information anywhere.

Of course it will.

The game never required you to take a specific weapon to play the game. That's not how the game is designed.

Spear will be a new weapon option, just like the new weapons from soto were.
You can use it or not. Your choice.

First of all, please make the game easier for the solo player. I am asking the developers, please, please make the game easier for the single player, and above all, make all expansions and living worlds easier to complete for the story.

This already happens automatically due to power creep.

Classes get stronger and stronger, but released content stay the same.

While you needed a full and at least semi organized group to do the SW meta succesfully on release, 5-10 players are enough nowadays.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

Well written and argued points from OP. I don’t agree with them, but I can understand them. As others have said, part of it seems to be wanting GW2 to be more like a single player game. That’s fair enough I guess but others would not want this and GW2 is when it comes down to it an MMORPG. 

Difficulty is probably the trickiest one. I would actually like some difficulty levels for the story, mainly because that might also mean a hard mode was available which would be great for when I am playing thru story with family. That said, some of the achievements are quite hard already so there is already some challenge. 

I would suggest working on a power dps build, perhaps a low intensity one if available for your class, and perhaps also a Lord Hizen survival build (google it). Doubling your dps and/or sustain (ability to survive and heal) can make a big difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, kiroho.4738 said:

This already happens automatically due to power creep.

Classes get stronger and stronger, but released content stay the same.

While you needed a full and at least semi organized group to do the SW meta succesfully on release, 5-10 players are enough nowadays.

In my opinion, this is completely untrue, the game is not getting easier, I have a problem completing LW2, completing LW1 was a pain, and I heard that, for example, HoT is even more difficult. You may not have noticed, but I don't want to play in any organized groups, I just want to finish the story solo. Once again, I mention that in other games such as SWTOR, Eso or FFXIV I have no problems with completing the story, only in GW2. These games even have a kind of single-player dungeons supported by artificial intelligence. Besides, I propose an easy version of the instance for hopelessly weak players like me. You will have your own tortured challenge.

Edited by Darves.6798
mistake in word
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 14

6 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

In my opinion, this is completely untrue, the game is not getting easier, I have a problem completing LW2, completing LW1 was a pain, and I heard that, for example, HoT is even more difficult. You may not have noticed, but I don't want to play in any organized groups, I just want to finish the story solo. Once again, I mention that in other games such as SWTOR, Eso or FFXIV I have no problems with completing the story, only in GW2. These games even have a kind of single-player underground supported by artificial intelligence. Besides, I propose an easy version of the instance for hopelessly weak players like me. You will have your own tortured challenge.

HoT is slightly more difficult, but it doesn't compare to how it was when it was current content. What they mean is elite specs have been given increasing level of dps buffs over the years and the game is now considerably easier than when each chapter launched. Now LS2 and HoT - whilst a jump from core - is massively easier than it was on launch. Back then Vinewrath required full lanes to finish, now it needs less than 10 players total. Gerent is killed with 11 minutes to spare whereas it was regulalrly failed back when HoT was current

All this is because content has got easier because new elites, new weapons, new stat combinations and a lot of buffs have meant average builds are prob between 50%-double the power of what they were a few years back. Power creep has downgraded a lot of older content and it's a common complaint in the community that it needs either dialling back or older content buffed up a bit because of it (neither of which are likely)

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 7

18 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Difficulty is probably the trickiest one. I would actually like some difficulty levels for the story, mainly because that might also mean a hard mode was available which would be great for when I am playing thru story with family. That said, some of the achievements are quite hard already so there is already some challenge. 

In my opinion, the current difficulty level is hard mode.

8 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

HoT is slightly more difficult, but it doesn't compare to how it was when it was current content. What they mean is elite specs have been given increasing level of dps buffs over the years and the game is now considerably easier than when each chapter launched. Now LS2 and HoT - whilst a jump from core - is massively easier than it was on launch. Back then Vinewrath required full lanes to finish, now it needs less than 10 players total. Gerent is killed with 11 minutes to spare whereas it was regulalrly failed back when HoT was current

All this is because content has got easier because new elites, new weapons, new stat combinations and a lot of buffs have meant average builds are prob between 50%-double the power of what they were a few years back. Power creep has downgraded a lot of older content and it's a common complaint in the community that it needs either dialling back or older content buffed up a bit because of it (neither of which are likely)

So I'm supposed to understand that the game was even more difficult than it already is? Great, but that doesn't stop it from being advertised everywhere as casual friendly... Once again, I'll mention that I don't want to take away your tormenting challenge, I just want an easy version to be created so that I can play with pleasure and not get tired all the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

In my opinion, this is completely untrue, the game is not getting easier, I have a problem completing LW2, completing LW1 was a pain, and I heard that, for example, HoT is even more difficult. You may not have noticed, but I don't want to play in any organized groups, I just want to finish the story solo. Once again, I mention that in other games such as SWTOR, Eso or FFXIV I have no problems with completing the story, only in GW2. These games even have a kind of single-player dungeons supported by artificial intelligence. Besides, I propose an easy version of the instance for hopelessly weak players like me. You will have your own tortured challenge.

it's been quite some time since i've done the early lw but if i remember rightly there are some incredibly tough missions, mainly because there was some weird mechanics that i didn't understand as i was absolutely not paying attention when it was explained.

keep in mind that with the first few living world seasons the devs were very much throwing ideas around to see what sticks (originally the LW stuff was meant to only happen once and if you weren't there you missed it!). once you proceed a bit further you'll start to see  things getting better and smoother.

Where the difficulty of HoT really hits is the hero points, unlike the ones you're used to they are not really designed for solo completion

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darves.6798 said:

In my opinion, the current difficulty level is hard mode.

So I'm supposed to understand that the game was even more difficult than it already is? Great, but that doesn't stop it from being advertised everywhere as casual friendly... Once again, I'll mention that I don't want to take away your tormenting challenge, I just want an easy version to be created so that I can play with pleasure and not get tired all the time.

It was very much more difficult and yet most people were still able to do it. At times they got it wrong though - for example HoT was even more difficult again at launch and was nerfed a few months after launch and everyone was largely happy after that. Nowadays it's just trivial.

With the greatest respect in the world, it's less the game and perhaps a suggestion to look over your traits. stats, builds, dodge work, ensuring exotic gear etc. The game can only go so far and if we are being realistic, it's less work to up a player's skillset than it is for Anet to add in an easy mode. Which will be a non-trivial amount of work to add in and for no gain

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I would also recommend having a look here and seeing  what the builds and rotations say. As some one who also came from swtor to here it's a big jump, the combat and playstyle is completely different but once picked up I find it a lot more fun and rewarding https://metabattle.com/wiki/Open_World

*edit* actually i'd probably take the metabattle builds as more of a guide, looking at a couple of the ele one's (the class i know best) and they're sticking you in berserk for open world, you'll probably be better off with some thing a bit tougher. for general open world mucking around i use full celestal. the berserk set is for raiding when i'm giving it my full attention (honest guildies, I am!) 

Edited by Atoclone.4810
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

Where the difficulty of HoT really hits is the hero points, unlike the ones you're used to they are not really designed for solo completion

If the story part of the expansion, which allows your character to be stronger thanks to Hero points and makes the game easier, is not intended for solo players, then the expansion is poorly designed, period.

8 minutes ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

I would also recommend having a look here and seeing  what the builds and rotations say. As some one who also came from swtor to here it's a big jump, the combat and playstyle is completely different but once picked up I find it a lot more fun and rewarding

As someone who also came from Swtor, you should understand my statements perfectly. I don't know any rotation there, I don't use keybinding, I select all abilities with the mouse, and yet I was able to complete the entire main story, what's more, all the operations, even some on the veteran level. So this clearly shows how terribly difficult a game GW2 is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 11

17 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It was very much more difficult and yet most people were still able to do it. At times they got it wrong though - for example HoT was even more difficult again at launch and was nerfed a few months after launch and everyone was largely happy after that. Nowadays it's just trivial.

With the greatest respect in the world, it's less the game and perhaps a suggestion to look over your traits. stats, builds, dodge work, ensuring exotic gear etc. The game can only go so far and if we are being realistic, it's less work to up a player's skillset than it is for Anet to add in an easy mode. Which will be a non-trivial amount of work to add in and for no gain

So I understand that not everyone was able to complete it, which means bad game design if everyone can't finish the story. Challenges such as raids or fractals are one thing, but the main plot should be so easy that anyone can complete it on their own.
Just because introducing an easy level won't benefit you and others like you doesn't mean it won't benefit me and many other players.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 9

1 minute ago, Darves.6798 said:

If the story part of the expansion, which allows your character to be stronger thanks to Hero points and makes the game easier, is not intended for solo players, then the expansion is poorly designed, period.

As someone who also came from Swtor, you should understand my statements perfectly. I don't know any rotation there, I don't use keybinding, I select all abilities with the mouse, and yet I was able to complete the entire main story, what's more, all the operations, even some on the veteran level. So this clearly shows how terribly difficult a game GW2 is.

yeah, they backtracked on the HP's in later releases but there's always some one else around to do it with, end of the day it is a multiplayer game.

as for the difficulty I personally don't feel it's harder, it's just different and if you're trying to play it the same way you did swtor you are going to struggle. use your keyboard for skills, rebind keys to where they are more comfortable and practise. they'll eventually become second nature. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

as for the difficulty I personally don't feel it's harder, it's just different and if you're trying to play it the same way you did swtor you are going to struggle. use your keyboard for skills, rebind keys to where they are more comfortable and practise. they'll eventually become second nature. 

I guess you don't understand the problem though. It's supposed to be a game, pleasure, entertainment, not another job, I already have a job, I don't need another one. I play for the pleasure of learning about the story, not for the challenge. You want your torturous raid challenges, great, I just want completing the entire story part to be much easier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 12

8 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

As someone who also came from Swtor, you should understand my statements perfectly. I don't know any rotation there, I don't use keybinding, I select all abilities with the mouse, and yet I was able to complete the entire main story, what's more, all the operations, even some on the veteran level. So this clearly shows how terribly difficult a game GW2 is.

I think this might be the crux. You are coming with expectations from another game and playing it that way instead of playing the game the way GW2 is designed. GW2 is one of the easier MMOs on the market (and I've played a fair number), but it does also mean buying into the way it is designed. HoT is generally regarded (on the forums at least) as the best designed expansion in the game - it certainly isn't badly designed since millions of players have played GW2 and progressed though HoT since 2015. At this point, if their data showed it was a stumbling point, it would have been changed

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

I guess you don't understand the problem though. It's supposed to be a game, pleasure, entertainment, not another job, I already have a job, I don't need another one. I play for the pleasure of learning about the story, not for the challenge.

You don't understand there is no problem. Your inconvinience is not a design or balance problem.

Very highly praised games, are so precisely because they are hard, frustrating and even spiteful of it's players. And while Guild Wars 2 is nowhere near those games as it's not intending to be one of them, the difficulty is set so you either practice and learn your character skills in and out for many a trials, or you ask for help from other players considering this is, well, a Massively Multiplayer Online game.

Also, not every game is supposed to be beated by everyone and thats completely fine, maybe you are just one of those players and is time you find a game that is actually at your level of skill and thus enjoyment and move on. 

There is an aspect of videogame design called Theming. In which narrative and gameplay met, if the story of a game is about overcoming challenges, it only makes sense some of the gameplay actually represent that. If you  can't overcome the challenge why would you know about the ending of a story you haven't overcome? Simple narrative games exist if you want stories, this aint one. 

Not to mention, that at large, the community is more of the opinion that this game is actually too easy for the solo player in personal story instances and overworld roaming. If anything, most of us would ask for Anet to make both those things a bit more challenging. 

Edited by Inssengrimm.7924
  • Like 9
  • Confused 2

Just now, Darves.6798 said:

I guess you don't understand the problem though. It's supposed to be a game, pleasure, entertainment, not another job, I already have a job, I don't need another one. I play for the pleasure of learning about the story, not for the challenge. You want your torturous raid challenges, great, I just want completing the entire story part to be much easier.

open world and story are not at all super hard raid challenge level, to be hones most of it's a piece of cake once you work out how to play the game.

Again, this is a different type of game than you are used to. playing it by just clicking your skills will not work. things change. when i started playing games it was the arrow keys on the keyboard. Took me ages to get my head around using wasd, but i did, and it's much better.

combat in this game is fluid, damage comes in, dodge, move, use and evade skill or a block. health low, press your heal button, drop a water field and blast it, leap through it, maybe you have some thing on your sword that will clean conditions when you swap to it.

There's no more I can really say. If you want to be able to progress in this game then you need to learn how to play it. People will be more than happy to help out but you'll need to stop just complaining that the game they love is just badly designed. a square hole isn't badly designed, you're just trying to push the triangle shape through it

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I think this might be the crux. You are coming with expectations from another game and playing it that way instead of playing the game the way GW2 is designed.

No, the crux is that I want the game to be easier, i.e. in real life casual friendly, not just in the ads. I want the progression of the plot to be truly, as you put it, trivial.

6 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

GW2 is one of the easier MMOs on the market

I'm sorry, but this is the biggest untruth and nonsense I've heard today. I will mention once again that in Swtor, Eso or FFXIV I have no problems with completing the main storyline, because in these games it was designed in such a way that everyone, I emphasize everyone, could complete them. Completing the entire Gw2 storyline on your own, including both the expansions and the Lw's, is difficult.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 14

It's a different game. You will have to socialize in some way to get things like HP points in later expansions and get answers for questions. Will you always get a reply? Nope. But I suggest going to the hubs like Lion's Arch where people will most likely haven an answer for you. The cities too but Lion's Arch the best way to seek help for things.

Also, keep in mind that you won't always get to join guilds when you want to join one; you just have to keep looking for one in different locations/maps.

Patience is the key to Gw2. The game itself isn't a second job like games like world of warcraft and blade and soul.

By the way. We don't mean to dismiss you or anything, we want you to stay in Gw2 but you have to understand that it's a different kind of game. Clicking the skills won't really work here too well. I suggest buying an mmo mouse which makes all mmo games 99% easier.

Edited by Ghastly.3914
  • Like 2