A [New] Way To Plan Ahead Your Gaming

Let me tell you about the greatest windows program around, notepad. And now in windows 11 it auto saves, has tabs and best of all it now has a spell checker!

Or use the sticky notes on your pc, it's like lots of little inferior notepad documents 

• Like 2

Maybe not fun, but it's the most feasible method.  It has the added benefit of letting each player use the note taking features that help them most.  If the game did it not only would it probably add to the database bloat (how long does a note have to be preserved?  How many notes can each player have?  Will it support non-English lettering?) but it would have players complaining that it wasn't exactly right for how they like to take notes.  Me, I'll jot a quick reminder on scrap paper or if it's more involved (such as what I need to do for my current legendary project) I'll keep handwritten notes on my reMarkable 2.  My husband loves Notepad.  Others like to keep spreadsheets, or Word docs.

In game solution:  Make a private guild.  Put your reminder note in the MotD, which will show up in your chat box as soon as you log in on an alt repping that guild, or you can just remember to check it in the Guild Panel as easily as you'd check other note locations.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gneno.5460 said:

One could be to avoid having 555 different Notepads on your Desk.

If it would take 555 different notepads then having 555 <pen and paper> in game notes would be just as bad, or worse because they would be tied to your game client which doesn't multi-task well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

Maybe not fun, but it's the most feasible method.  It has the added benefit of letting each player use the note taking features that help them most.  If the game did it not only would it probably add to the database bloat (how long does a note have to be preserved?  How many notes can each player have?  Will it support non-English lettering?) but it would have players complaining that it wasn't exactly right for how they like to take notes.  Me, I'll jot a quick reminder on scrap paper or if it's more involved (such as what I need to do for my current legendary project) I'll keep handwritten notes on my reMarkable 2.  My husband loves Notepad.  Others like to keep spreadsheets, or Word docs.

In game solution:  Make a private guild.  Put your reminder note in the MotD, which will show up in your chat box as soon as you log in on an alt repping that guild, or you can just remember to check it in the Guild Panel as easily as you'd check other note locations.

I Appoligy to the "Edits" I made to this Thread. But seeing you were the only one actually responding in normal matter, i decided to do so. Sorry!!

• Confused 3

Come on, we can do better! Notepad is too primitive. OneNote (or an equivalent) is far better, you can create multiple tabs, add clickable hyperlinks to youtube videos and build websites, you can even colour code titles! It will also sync to multiple devices so you can add to your notes on your phone in the middle of the note when you remember that one thing you were going to do in GW2... 🙂

What was this thread about? I'm guessing it was about leaving a note for themselves to remember what the player was doing.

There are a few in-game suggestions that I have, although I do think leaving a .txt on the desktop or using a note app on a phone is the most accessible. The 1st is if you have a personal guild that only you have access to. You can leave a message of the day in your own guild and it will tell you that message when you log in via chat box. The 2nd could be easier to access next expansion! If homesteads allow for monument decorations, you can inscribe a message on them. For example, if you have a tombstone decoration, you can write a message for yourself and then read it as you head for those daily gathering nodes.

I do kind of wish that they would add some message features to the game, such as "/dnd <message here>". That is "Do not disturb" for people who are not familiar with other MMORPG commands. They could probably add a /reminder command for a message when you log in. They probably won't, though. It would be one of those easy side projects that the devs would do in their free time out of passion.

If you're not using Kate or at least Kwrite, you're obviously wasting your time and shouldn't try to plan your game. I personally use vim to plan my moves, and git push every single change to my local repository.

Which language should you use, you don't ask? If you're using something other than latex, noone likes you except me and a few billion other people.

Edited by JulesPetrikov.7920
I has problems with grammar thingies.
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, JulesPetrikov.7920 said:

If you're not using Kate or at least Kwrite, you're obviously wasting your time and shouldn't try to plan your game. I personally use vim to plan my moves, and git push every single change to my local repository.

Which language should you use, you don't ask? If you're using something other than latex, noone likes you except me and a few billion other people.

And what kind of language is latex sounds abit kinky?

• Haha 4