New Hands-on video!

I am really hyped for new warclaw now. I'll need to see how it feels in terms of actual momentum, but it looks like it has a fair amount of the stuff I like about turtle and will be a versatile and accessible option for newer players to stop them feeling like they have to rush skyscale to keep up. Also looks like it might be getting a slight speed boost? The running animation looks a bit faster, at least.

• Confused 1

Speaking as a WvW player please please don't make that last armor set WvW only. You think you're helping new players get into WvW for it but you're actually just inviting more wall running afkers and camp flipping, watch netflix in spawn afkers. These are not free bags for The Powers That Be, they are almost perma invul spawn afkers that will cause queue bloat while they complete insert track 6-18 times (depending if armor is unlocked once or for all 3 tiers). PVE players already don't want to be here for their GoB.

inb4 someone cope posts about how you can finish a track in one hour with 500% track boost like you unironically want more wall runners and spawn afkers

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

7 hours ago, Mangoyami.2418 said:

Speaking as a WvW player please please don't make that last armor set WvW only. You think you're helping new players get into WvW for it but you're actually just inviting more wall running afkers and camp flipping, watch netflix in spawn afkers. These are not free bags for The Powers That Be, they are almost perma invul spawn afkers that will cause queue bloat while they complete insert track 6-18 times (depending if armor is unlocked once or for all 3 tiers). PVE players already don't want to be here for their GoB.

inb4 someone cope posts about how you can finish a track in one hour with 500% track boost like you unironically want more wall runners and spawn afkers

I get what you are saying BUT the reality is that WvW needs to continually attract players from PvE (to replace those that stop playing from the natural attrition any game or activity suffers). Even if only 5% or 10% of the people who try WvW during a special event stay and play WvW longer, that's still a very important source of long term WvW players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pretty much all i heard and saw in the video gets a thumb up from me.
No map meta, but contained event chains. World boss on a schedule and no finding a map and spent 2 hours for a meta build up (*eyes Dragon's End*). A mixture of animals, human foes (White Mantle) and titans.
I wonder if the armour sets come from a new reward track in WvW?

• Like 2

WvW exclusive anything to "attract" PvE players never works beyond the amount of time it takes to unlock the item.

Personally, I am just going to convince myself it looks hideous and pray they don't make it required for the backpack (like the SotO armors were required for Obsidian - but at least those were earned Open World)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, theoneparttwo.9561 said:

WvW exclusive anything to "attract" PvE players never works beyond the amount of time it takes to unlock the item.

I know quite a few rank 5k+ players that started as PvE players and want in for "that 1 thing they needed from WvW".

It might not have worked for you, it might not work for everyone, but it works.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

I get what you are saying BUT the reality is that WvW needs to continually attract players from PvE (to replace those that stop playing from the natural attrition any game or activity suffers). Even if only 5% or 10% of the people who try WvW during a special event stay and play WvW longer, that's still a very important source of long term WvW players.

Unfortunately that's limited by community. I don't vocally hate on pvers coming into wvw and at least try to help them get their footing if they're willing to learn. but the majority is just going to be team and map chat kittenposters picking fights with the wvw vets with no patience telling them to kitten off.

1 hour ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

It might not have worked for you, it might not work for everyone, but it works.

I'm just here for the armor set

I'm just here for tracks that give me the Ls3 and Ls4 armor pieces that are locked behind a bunch of silly pve achieves

I'm just here for clovers to make aurora and vision

I'm just here for conflux 1, I'm getting coalescence

I'm just here for conflux 2, I didn't get coalescence

I'm just here

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

The maps seem to look great but I'm surprised they're bringing back that yoga thing that everyone I know dislikes. Here's to hoping they are not bringing back other things that people disliked. Looking at you comms and filling the bar.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Since the video maker brought it up...

Anet has this problem with expansions that they focus on one style of map-making... with no variety of main style.

IE... in HoT... every map had a map-wide meta. In PoF... every map was big and open and maybe had a small meta.  In EoD... every map had a big meta. In SotO... every map was a map meta. In JaWi... NO map has a meta.

There should be different map styles in every expansion to reduce burnout. IE. 1 map has lots of mini-meta event chains... 1 map has a big map meta... 1 map is more like festivals... 1 map is more like core maps (lots of hearts / events with their own individual stories)... 1 multipart map (like Drizzlewood or Silverwastes)

every map in one expansion doesnt need to have the same overall gameplay design.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4