Chrono sup has way too much of everything, it needs a good shave

Support Chorno is strong (but also one of most fun & skilled supports) however this:

"Do you even remember why people used to hate chrono bunker so much before that? Well, now this is even worse

Is completely wrong which anyone who played back then knows. Teams used to run double bunker chrono and teams would be unkillable in teamfights, it was insane

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741

14 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

literally just rework signet of illusions so that it restores a flat amount (idk, 20s) instead of 100% to every shatter. I promise, a support chronomancer losing the magical resets to invuln\cleanse\healing\stab is going down.

Wow wow, take your meds deadeye, take them now.

I get that this thread know nothing about chrono or mesmer altogether(from block and reflect banter) but suggestions like these is beyond overkill for class.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Wow wow, take your meds deadeye, take them now.

I get that this thread know nothing about chrono or mesmer altogether(from block and reflect banter) but suggestions like these is beyond overkill for class.

He's not a Deadeye, he's a very well known mesmer main, and I tend to trust him when he says things about mesmer, cause he's not biased, and having good arguments every time. I am a main thief, and I wouldn't trust my self about thief tread cause I am a bit biased, even if I think I know decently enough my class, I am still biased as fock, ngl

Edited by whooot.5784
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, whooot.5784 said:

He's not a Deadeye, he's a very well known mesmer main, and I tend to trust him when he says things about mesmer, cause he's not biased, and having good arguments every time

Idc who's main he is, his suggestion feeds into negative feedback loop that prior nerfs already fed, might as well just suggest removing cs or pushing Improved alac into more negative waters.

I swear these pvp forums are clown fiesta.

If anyone actually take you people seriously then it's no wonder game going to kitten

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Like I can tell so many of you never played other class than one u married into.

Learn about the game, learn about classes u play against and what actually make them useful or playable in a first place.

Then we won't need to read such cringes over and over again. 

Bunch of casuals debating balance while having experience in single class is comedy gold and cringiest thing at the same time.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Like I can tell so many of you never played other class than one u married into.

Learn about the game, learn about classes u play against and what actually make them useful or playable in a first place.

Then we won't need to read such cringes over and over again. 

Bunch of casuals debating balance while having experience in single class is comedy gold and cringiest thing at the same time.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

literally just rework signet of illusions so that it restores a flat amount (idk, 20s) instead of 100% to every shatter. I promise, a support chronomancer losing the magical resets to invuln\cleanse\healing\stab is going down.

What about % based cd reduction? So that all shatter skills get some even amount according to their cd? Since they have different cd's

Is that also an idea? I don't play mesmer so that's why the question mark in the end 😉

12 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

What about % based cd reduction?

The problem I'm highlighting is similar to that faced when catalysts were able to spam so many defensives with focus and elemental celerity. The solution I'm proposing is also similar: flat CD reduction, so you can use it to squeeze every last drop of offensive power to convert into a kill but you don't get to chain 16 invulns.

Mesmer becomes problematic when it's able to chain so many defensive frames back-to-back. Support chrono is just the latest entry in the very long list of abusing this interaction; we had chronobunker before, then staff mirage is still able to do that (we don't notice that yet, but the mechanic is problematic, in particular with the desert distortion trait), virtuoso is still able to do that and it's problematic (not strong, but inherently unhealthy).

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695

If you were to look at current representation you would think virt is meta atm, not support chrono. Can't say its a suprise, I almost died in <2 seconds to a virt the other day. Mistakes were made ofc, but i'm still wondering how this spec is doing so much burst while also having so many <stop attacking me now> defensives.. which limits its own ability to make such mistakes. It really has to be the crutchiest spec currently in game.

Edited by Flowki.7194

1 hour ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

The problem I'm highlighting is similar to that faced when catalysts were able to spam so many defensives with focus and elemental celerity. The solution I'm proposing is also similar: flat CD reduction, so you can use it to squeeze every last drop of offensive power to convert into a kill but you don't get to chain 16 invulns.

Mesmer becomes problematic when it's able to chain so many defensive frames back-to-back. Support chrono is just the latest entry in the very long list of abusing this interaction; we had chronobunker before, then staff mirage is still able to do that (we don't notice that yet, but the mechanic is problematic, in particular with the desert distortion trait), virtuoso is still able to do that and it's problematic (not strong, but inherently unhealthy).

Tell me master mesmer how u chain 16 invulns on chrono.

Like please give me chain rotation for that. 

I think I have all skills and traits memorised but this trick flew over my head clearly.

Compared to other classes invuln it haves now is splash in the ocean. To perfectly pull off all blocks from shield and distort with IS in single cs require skill and proper fight conditions on top of all that. Is change would destroy kitten ton of shatter builds making it basically bottom of the chain, this is literally non issue, I read the kitten u guys write and I'm genuinely confused , are u on drugs?

Nerf virt and it's blade renewal instead, that's some busted sustain right there when combined with rest of packet 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Tell me master mesmer how u chain 16 invulns on chrono.

Like please give me chain rotation for that. 

I think I have all skills and traits memorised but this trick flew over my head clearly.

You don't chain invulnerabilities, you chain a lot of defensives.

Shield4\sword2\shield4\distortion\f3 (nice rupts)\signet of illusions\distortion\f3 (that is still cleanse, stab and invuln; it's huge)\feedback to get superspeed\resistance or entirely deny projectile-based chasers AAAAND now you're gone, you didn't even press dodge once nor switched to rifle for resustain, didn't even get the peel from chaos aura (to cripple\weaken anyone focusing you). Some classes still can punish you (vindicators with gs) The defensive rotation on chrono is quite tight even without counting the resustain you get from mantras\rifle\inspiration, but being able to reset the shatters -to get invuln more invuln\cleanse\healing\boons in general and stab in particular- really makes support chrono hard to pin down.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

You don't chain invulnerabilities, you chain a lot of defensives.

Shield4\sword2\shield4\distortion\f3 (nice rupts)\signet of illusions\distortion\f3 (that is still cleanse, stab and invuln; it's huge)\feedback to get superspeed\resistance AAAAND now you're gone, you didn't even press dodge once nor switched to rifle for resustain, didn't even get the peel from chaos aura (to cripple\weaken anyone focusing you). The defensive rotation on chrono is quite tight even without counting the resustain you get from mantras\rifle\inspiration, but being able to reset the shatters -to get invuln more invuln\cleanse\healing\boons in general and stab in particular- really makes support chrono hard to pin down.

U can chain that that's for sure, is it out of norms with other class sustain? Ask yourself that. Also as sexy as  Shield 4 is its is lowkey useless against classes that can workaround it, and there is many that does that.

Neither the boons nor sustain is outliner in pvp. Sure u can burst significant sustain, slotting feedback instead of renewal or whatever. U still end up with significant cd after that short defensive rotation that isn't that easy to pull of in a first place both in experience and apm required.. in greenhouse scenario yeah, u kinda get willy or untamed sustain.  

Your suggested change utterly guts the self sustain back to irrelevancy not sure what u thinking on even suggesting it if u play the class. 

Recasting the mantras and waiting out cds is tight, easy to play around inexperienced people that keep bashing chaos aura but outside of that it's not some op sustain God outliner. Take your meds people.

• Confused 1

Sure u can burst significant sustain, slotting feedback instead of renewal or whatever

Feedback is literally the meta build, superspeed+resistence+projectile reflect is too big and also helps with resses, given it's instacast. 

Your suggested change utterly guts the self sustain back to irrelevancy not sure what u thinking on even suggesting it if u play the class. 

L2P. Positioning, dodges and resustain are a thing, you don't need even further invulnerability\stability.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695

1 minute ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Feedback is literally the meta build buddy

I ain't playing it if I'm not facing projectiles, I slot more sustain via mantra. Idc what meta definition is, I define meta.

My point is that even on max sustain it require both conditions and experience. 

Chrono was broken, it got gutted already, more gutting in more brutal fashion u suggest kills the sup chrono altogether, and it's not outliner anymore literally no point on doing that.

Might be issue in low ranks where people autochain shield 4 or smtg.

• Confused 1

On 8/18/2024 at 6:30 AM, arazoth.7290 said:

The maturity of your comments is on point when you have to adjust other their texts 😂

He suffers from Revenant Vindicator derangement syndrome. 😔
And it's unlikely to change. Since previous to that, it was Herald derangement syndrome.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Support Chorno is strong (but also one of most fun & skilled supports) however this:

"Do you even remember why people used to hate chrono bunker so much before that? Well, now this is even worse

Is completely wrong which anyone who played back then knows. Teams used to run double bunker chrono and teams would be unkillable in teamfights, it was insane

I dont remember the last time I saw ONE single support chrono.

"Remember"
"Used to"
"Back then"

12 hours ago, TruthSeeker.3697 said:

He suffers from Revenant Vindicator derangement syndrome. 😔
And it's unlikely to change. Since previous to that, it was Herald derangement syndrome.

change your name, because it doesn't go along with what you write, rather the opposite, irony 😂

Edited by arazoth.7290
My impressive reading skills read it as meant against me, so there the correction, I scrapped it. But for everyone to see my mistake ;)
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

What’s funny and also sad, is besides the three yes I said three actual mesmer support players I’ve ever came across, they actually play dedicated support (regularly) based roles before the chaos trait line trend, tend to play illusions inspirations with mirage or core.
Chaos has recently been abused as a support spec, truthfully it just offers boons, not any real healing so if support is what they’re attempting they lose the healing battle vs true supports. Their goal is to bunker or out tank the competition via tank stats in conjunction. 
Chaos traitline, when it originally was designed, was for boon duration, interruption or condi. So the “support” chrono’s you see today, are not that of actual support. Just abusers of a build, that is popularized by yours truly, (whom by the way plays zerker), the abuser iteration is but a failed twist that the casual player can’t wrap their head around because they use demolisher or something tanky to give the falsehood stats of say heavy classes making them slightly harder to kill but they really aren’t hard to kill, players don’t find open windows or collapse correctly.
But, whats more disgusting, is nerfing said traitline would absolutely need some buffs to domination traitline to compensate. Returning to just pure power based builds for mesmer, would begin a whole new kind of rage from players who can’t handle tank chaos mesmer…

The ones complaining about “chaos chrono” when it in fact offers Ally’s a magier mesmer overall would rather see power block or one shot mesmer again? Mind you, both effectively leave you using no abilities. Or mesmer could shift right back to confusion stacking condi, which does the same thing.

Bolstering ally’s with some short cd boons doesn’t seem so bad? Considering what’s been left untouched for a fresh look from mesmer, a meta shift. And truthfully, support will always and is always stronger on Guard Ele and warr and even Necro. Since all of those classes can revive, when truly support, mesmer lacks a full revive. 

I’ll leave this Question to end this sad response on the matter, remove/lessen the amount of toughness stats given in pvp? It would ultimately remove these bunker tank builds from being quite unstoppable to the casual player. Or should mesmer be given buffs to power via mind wrack and/or power block or condition builds to shift away from the “boon” mesmer we’re seeing now? To me it’s all fun, mind games and all. Pick a grave folks any grave.