Idea: Allow Gift of Battle and Gift of Exploration to be traded for each other.

3 hours ago, LadyRhonwyn.2501 said:

Yes, and that's why an exchange between them (not removing the accountbound, but a NPC merchant) would make sense. So that people that like to play the game, actually get to play the game they like. Instead of being forced to play something they don't like, just to get a tiny part of an item they want.

Agree, the exchange rate is the question from there. But we can leave that to Anet. But yes a vendor would work as has been brought up before.

On 8/20/2024 at 4:43 PM, LadyRhonwyn.2501 said:

There's one thing I never understood...  WvW players are always complaining about the uselessness of PvE players.  But they're also against any method that would stop those players joining...

Usually those are the same players who keep repeating that rewards in WvW are fine as they are, because otherwise it would attract to many PvE "noobs". And that WvW is for fun and some other excuses. So in reality they farm all day in PvE and happen to spend a couple hours in WvW. So ... no, not WvW players. 😉

There is no good reason to not have a trade option just with ~3 Gob for 1 GoE. And from a WvW player perspective, or probably for 90% of the playerbase, falling prices for legendaries are a good thing. In the end, most of the legendaries are fugly as hell and their "real" worth is the QoL improvement.

14 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I had posted in the past about allowing them to TP'd but the more I looked at how many I had as well, I think they would become junk loot value pretty fast. You don't want a 'gift' level of an item to become junk loot, leaves a bad game feel for the time spent. 

It’s almost as if they are designed to be a repeatable crafting component reward by doing something very specific in the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Reztek.7805 said:

Usually those are the same players who keep repeating that rewards in WvW are fine as they are, because otherwise it would attract to many PvE "noobs". And that WvW is for fun and some other excuses. So in reality they farm all day in PvE and happen to spend a couple hours in WvW. So ... no, not WvW players. 😉

There is no good reason to not have a trade option just with ~3 Gob for 1 GoE. And from a WvW player perspective, or probably for 90% of the playerbase, falling prices for legendaries are a good thing. In the end, most of the legendaries are fugly as hell and their "real" worth is the QoL improvement.

Tbh, the Leggy Weps don't really bring all that much QoL, since re-equipping them on the fly is a nightmare, unlike Asc ones.
Hardcore sPvP/WvWers and PvE Raiders tend to have several copies of the same wep (usually with different icons to help differentiate) with unique stats/sigils just to be able to swap and adapt to situations quickly.

Edited by MercurialKuroSludge.8974
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

Tbh, the Leggy Weps don't really bring all that much QoL, since re-equipping them on the fly is a nightmare, unlike Asc ones.

Pretty much any equipping on the fly I just keybound swapping equipment templates.

PvP you can use merchant weapons if desired, sigils/stats are determined by the PvP gear window anyways so that doesn't really matter for any of them.

QoL value differs heavily from person to person. 

For me personally I love being able to try out new builds all the time and play dress-up with my characters' appearances all over the place. Not worrying about upgrade or infusion extraction (or accidentally overwriting something).

The biggest thing for me is that I never need to do Winterberry (or other) farming for gear because the moment a character hits 80 they have everything already ready. It's a bit time-savings and lets me park alts are more profitable locations or just have them sort of exist wherever.

1 hour ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

The biggest thing for me is that I never need to do Winterberry (or other) farming for gear because the moment a character hits 80 they have everything already ready. It's a bit time-savings and lets me park alts are more profitable locations or just have them sort of exist wherever.

While I mostly agree on the sPvP part, do keep in mind its Leggy WEAPONS we are talking about here, we do not include Sigils/Runes/Armor/Trinkets, all of which have much better QoL than Weapons, Trinkets most of all due to having the biggest stat contribution and not limited by Armor Class.

Going back to your Leggy Wep comment, thats what GoB is essentially.
Its a "PvE" grind thats long, boring(to ppl who hate it), and once one gets the Leggy Trinket, they never have to farm Winterberry/GoB again, for another Trinket, its just a 1 time thing.

To tie back into the main topic at hand, while it is true that GoB are not technically mandatory for Gen 1/3 weps, they are hard gated if doing a Gen 2/Trinkets, because Account Bound.
Now, while I understand how frustrating it is for ppl who hate WvW to come into WvW to grind GoBs, to me it is no different from some very kittenous tasks, Collections or JPs, except GoB grind has a very low requirement of "being good enuf".
As in, one just needs to tag/kill 1 npc at an objective to keep refreshed, AND one can artificially speed up the process of getting GoB by popping the bonuses/boosters.
In PvE, if the event/terrain bugs, you are kittened for days/weeks/months (see recent Aurora Mursaat Token fiasco).

Since the grind nature isn't very different, Im not too opposed to GoB/GoE exchange, but still rather the proper corresponding game mode be the source.

• Thanks 1

That exchange sounds reasonable. The option should also exist to utilize in-mode ingredients if so desired, i.e. an WvW-based GoE (thank goodness that it's not longer required for GoE!) instead of a PvE-based version. If leggy armor can be linked solely to one game type, i.e Mistforged Glorious, Mistforged Triumphant, and Obsidian, the same can absolutely be done with the weapons.

I'm one who believes in completely and utterly separating the game types, I did not buy this game 12 years ago to play any sort of PvP, be that sPvP or WvW.

On 8/22/2024 at 7:34 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

You have 80+ billions of them, it'll be fine. 

A couple of billions are probably already lost watching thieves "fight".

I hear them cry out in terror and then silence when doing that. My god.

On 8/22/2024 at 2:33 PM, LadyRhonwyn.2501 said:

8 hours in WvW is neverending...

Problem with 8 hours is, that it's not 8 hours.  Maybe if you manage to play a longer amount of time each time, but if you only have 10 minutes here and 15 minutes there, WvW is very time demanding (as you only get progress to the reward every 5 minutes, and if you're unlucky you also lose progress because you keep getting killed. Learn to play is not valid as I don't want to learn how to play PvP)

switch map, grab a ruin, done.

all 5 minutes you get a tick. So you have to at least sit in there in 5 minute steps. Easy.

i stay on it: you want lego? Do what it is needed.

stop whining and do 1 reward track, mister pve. And you, mister wvw, can stop with the grin. Pull your A**cheecks together and explore that map if you want a shiny lego. All others have to do it too. I understand that it’s harder than sitting afk in base for 14 minutes but that’s the game.

(e.g. crafting a lego is work for all of us and we all have to do a certain thing we maybe dislike. Deal with it, all of you)

/edit:

simce the astral vault, buy a legendary starter kit when you can. Neither GoB nor GoE are needed there. Only clovers and magic//might trophies (and guess where the best farm spot for those is lol)

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Since the astral vault, buy a legendary starter kit when you can. Neither GoB nor GoE are needed there. Only clovers and magic//might trophies (and guess where the best farm spot for those is lol)

You still would need the Gift of Mastery, which requires both.
Precisely why I don't want a 1:1 option available, because it means a PvE enjoyer STILL has to do yet another round of GoE, and cannot keep 1x GoE and trade the other.
OR they can just tough it out and grind 1x GoB like they should.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

You still would need the Gift of Mastery, which requires both.
Precisely why I don't want a 1:1 option available, because it means a PvE enjoyer STILL has to do yet another round of GoE, and cannot keep 1x GoE and trade the other.
OR they can just tough it out and grind 1x GoB like they should.

Huh?

Ah wait, you’re right. Okay… scrap that last one edit i posted lol. ^^

The gift of battle  can be earned almost 80% not playing while in wvw. Also some people have stacks of these if u could trade them for GoE than legendarys will go down to like 600 gold. We have wizard vallut also now days givin away legendary starter kitt for like close to free. If they make it any easier to make or get legendary they should just gift all the Legendarys for free to everyone. Is not like Guild Wars 2 swirm in end game stuff to do either

Edited by Nightcore.5621
  • Confused 2