Homestead - A large number decoration item are not craft-able [Merged]

UPDATE, MY ACCOUNT IS BOTH BUGGED AND UNBUGGED AT THE MOMENT. 

I can craft! I can craft everything so it seems!
My level still displays as 300 out of 400!
"Wayfinder's Versatile Table" is still red, BUT I can craft it!

This is most peculiar, but I can actually play with this!

Edit: I can't see recipes above 225, but at the same time I do not know if they even exist.

Edit: wait, no, it took like 3 minutes and it bugged again. I could craft like 3 pieces of furniture and now I can't even craft those again.

Edited by Mirta.5029

Same issue here. Homesteading mastery is completed, but I cannot obtain what I craft. The crafting animation goes through but no items are obtained nor materials taken. Neither crafting basic candles works. I can successfully craft probably 4 5 items in total. Very odd

The displayed level is 300 out of 400 as well.

Wayfinder's table is red for me too, but craftable.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mario Lemieux.9107 said:

For anyone reading this at this point, there actually is a work-around as someone mentioned in an earlier reply.

Grab another character, go do the hearts in JW, re-buy the crafting recipes and use them on that character. That character alone now should be able to craft the new default and purchased decorations. I've done this with 1 heart in Lowlands and it's working.

For those of us who don't want to wait until Monday or later to start playing around with decorating, this seems to work.

Good luck.

EDIT: alternatively (and probably most efficient), go buy the recipe books with the character that already has done the hearts at least once and swap the recipe books to your other character since they are account-bound. Happy crafting.

I can confirm that this works! It seems like the recipes from the heart vendor are character-bound instead of account-bound, Characters who had unlocked all of the recipes before the patch 2 days ago are the ones that I have trouble crafting with. Start learning the recipe again with your other characters and you should be able to craft again!

16 hours ago, Mixed Madness.9285 said:

Same issue here. Homesteading mastery is completed, but I cannot obtain what I craft. The crafting animation goes through but no items are obtained nor materials taken. Neither crafting basic candles works. I can successfully craft probably 4 5 items in total. Very odd

The displayed level is 300 out of 400 as well.

Wayfinder's table is red for me too, but craftable.

I straight up cant find the wayfinder table on the available recipe list. Not red, or white, just not there at all 😟

edit - 

Nvm, its on a different character. Great 😵

Edited by Elad The Peculiar.9106
Addendum

21 hours ago, Mario Lemieux.9107 said:

Thanks for the update Rubi. It’s nice to know there’s a fix coming. It’s still disheartening, however, that this is the last we’ll hear of it likely before Monday. Seeing as how homestead decorating is literally 1/3 of the masteries and a major part of this release with no instanced/end game content, this was absolutely the only thing I (and I’m sure many, many other players) were highly anticipating and what we expected to be doing right now. 

I’m starting to feel the hype die down, which sucks.

I found a workaround. Go learn scribing and make it an active profession. No need to level it. It will allow you to craft all the items. I added a more detailed comment to this post as well if you want more details. Hope this helps!

38 minutes ago, VVhiteVVabbit.6821 said:

I found a workaround. Go learn scribing and make it an active profession. No need to level it. It will allow you to craft all the items. I added a more detailed comment to this post as well if you want more details. Hope this helps!

Tried it and didn't work for me, still having the issue of trying to craft the item and then it completes without giving the result or using mats.

20 minutes ago, ProfCarson.7124 said:

Tried it and didn't work for me, still having the issue of trying to craft the item and then it completes without giving the result or using mats.

Strange. It fixed me right up. I was having the same issue and now I have no problems crafting anything. I will say that my scribe level is 53, but it's allowing me to craft anything in the handiwork bench, even high scribe level required items.

I noticed even though im maxed masteries i cant craft a lot of things. Also after they fixed this i talked to many rangers i think it would be cool if we could have our pets not in use be roaming around our homes. Course we should fix the issues with the homestead first. Im a untamed main and it would be neat to see my pets roaming around outside or like the pic of homestead shown with the warclaw my active pets chilling in the house.

I currently on my main maxed masteries cant even craft a bookshelf atm.

Edited by Kaenaydar.5631
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 11:57 PM, Mario Lemieux.9107 said:

For anyone reading this at this point, there actually is a work-around as someone mentioned in an earlier reply.

Grab another character, go do the hearts in JW, re-buy the crafting recipes and use them on that character. That character alone now should be able to craft the new default and purchased decorations. I've done this with 1 heart in Lowlands and it's working.

For those of us who don't want to wait until Monday or later to start playing around with decorating, this seems to work.

Good luck.

EDIT: alternatively (and probably most efficient), go buy the recipe books with the character that already has done the hearts at least once and swap the recipe books to your other character since they are account-bound. Happy crafting.

Unfortunately that means that Wayfinder's table is lost until the fix, considering that you only get one recipe of it and whoever you consumed it on is the only person that can (or in this case can't) make it.

In general I hope that it was not intended for recipes to be one character only as with more Black Lion furnishings I can imagine how annoying it would be to try to figure out which character can make what.

On 8/22/2024 at 6:36 PM, Sen.7530 said:

Same with me 300/400 and when I craft some decorations, it ate the resources but I don't get the decorations. I am missing a few carts and lighting cart, 5 drizzelwood trees, keg, the big keg and a few bushes :classic_sad:

Same here. I have crafted and lost resources and can't find my items. The free table from the expac as well as some other misc kitchen items. When I go to the crafting table, it even says on the items I crafted: "My homestead has 1 out of a maximum of 250.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Melecha.4576 said:

Same here. I have crafted and lost resources and can't find my items. The free table from the expac as well as some other misc kitchen items. When I go to the crafting table, it even says on the items I crafted: "My homestead has 1 out of a maximum of 250.

Figured it out. You have to open the crafting panel. The items don't go in your bags like with the other crafting skills.

9 hours ago, VVhiteVVabbit.6821 said:

Strange. It fixed me right up. I was having the same issue and now I have no problems crafting anything. I will say that my scribe level is 53, but it's allowing me to craft anything in the handiwork bench, even high scribe level required items.

I'm Scribe 400 and I'm having the same issues as everyone else. A few items will craft as in I get a progress bar and the mats decrease but I don't get an item (not available to place) but for most of the others, I get a progress bar but the mats remain the same. Am 300/400 Handicraft. My GW2 is Anet and not Steam.

Edited by Cel.7258

On 8/23/2024 at 6:52 PM, Mystflower.7319 said:

Thank you for the update on this. I can imagine this whole thing being stressful for the devs involved. I wish them a relaxed weekend, they deserve it.

Even though people aren't happy with the situation (and are treating it like it's the end of the world....) I think we all just have to understand that most bugs only like to show up after something has gone live and large groups of people start to use it. The good thing is that the devs are working on it and that a fix will come. Yes we'll have to wait a bit longer but we can use that time to farm materials and enjoy the two maps more. Stay a bit more positive and understanding everyone!

No one is treating it like it's the end of the world. We paid for a product that we aren't able to enjoy. Being frustrated is a justified reaction. 

"The good thing is that the devs are working on it and that a fix will come."

Well, I hope so. I paid for it. This is what they have to do. "The good thing" would be receiving something extra for the trouble of not being able to enjoy what I paid for in advance.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Melecha.4576 said:

Yea, I've also lost precious materials trying to figure what the problem was before I figured it was a bug. I hope we get some materials back. It's the least they could do.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Logos.5603 said:

No one is treating it like it's the end of the world. We paid for a product that we aren't able to enjoy. Being frustrated is a justified reaction. 

"The good thing is that the devs are working on it and that a fix will come."

Well, I hope so. I paid for it. This is what they have to do. "The good thing" would be receiving something extra for the trouble of not being able to enjoy what I paid for in advance.

Just imagine how the devs must be feeling, it's not like they designed a bug on purpose to steal your mats from you. The frustration I can understand but you can still enjoy the rest of the things that were released with launch. So no money is lost in my honest opinion. Yes Homesteads is a big feature in the expansion but it's not the only thing that you paid for. 

I'm certain that once they've fixed it you'll be able to sent them a support ticket to get your lost mats back incase they don't do something themselves. 

Is this bug only affecting a small number pf players? I would have expected more posts if it was widespread.

Also, for those that think they have lost mats from crafting the few items that seem to use up ingredients, see if the right hand panel in your workbench UI states that your homestead has X out of  a maximum of 250. Mine shows that I have them, just can't see them.

Edited by Cel.7258

10 hours ago, Mystflower.7319 said:

Just imagine how the devs must be feeling, it's not like they designed a bug on purpose to steal your mats from you. The frustration I can understand but you can still enjoy the rest of the things that were released with launch. So no money is lost in my honest opinion. Yes Homesteads is a big feature in the expansion but it's not the only thing that you paid for. 

I'm certain that once they've fixed it you'll be able to sent them a support ticket to get your lost mats back incase they don't do something themselves. 

No one is suggesting that the devs designed the bug lol. Anyone that is upset by this is justified. No need to blow it out of proportion or make assumptions.

Obviously Anet didn't create the bug intentionally, however they did make the choice of not properly test the homestead prior to release. These are major bugs. not just visual glitches or minor compatibility issues. The inability to craft the majority of the items is certainly something that shouldn't have been overlooked, and the frustration of players makes complete sense. The homestead is probably the biggest selling point for this expansion, and a big reason for customers to hand over their dollars.

I'm sure the devs understand that they made a mistake, and they are certainly making great effort to resolve it. Try not to downplay the feelings of Anet's customers.

Edited by VVhiteVVabbit.6821
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1