List of Homestead bugs noticed by players

I don't know if this is a bug or needs the mastery to be fully unlocked. But there is a room on the second floor where the balcony is, and a room is attached to that which is locked. I thought I had to unlock the 3rd tier in the mastery track to unlock that room since it says on the tier that I'd get more space. However it still hasn't unlocked for me, so I'm just wondering if I need the 4th tier completed, or if it's a future add-on, or a bug. I apologize if someone else already mentioned this too, there's a lot to read in this thread.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Caitybee.3614 said:

I don't know if this is a bug or needs the mastery to be fully unlocked. But there is a room on the second floor where the balcony is, and a room is attached to that which is locked. I thought I had to unlock the 3rd tier in the mastery track to unlock that room since it says on the tier that I'd get more space. However it still hasn't unlocked for me, so I'm just wondering if I need the 4th tier completed, or if it's a future add-on, or a bug. I apologize if someone else already mentioned this too, there's a lot to read in this thread.

You'll need to unlock the full mastery. (Tier 4)

11 hours ago, Asuaka.1528 said:

Another bug: There's an invisible cooking station in the "Enchanted Treasure Chest" corner. Not sure if always there or only because I unlocked the cooking station for my home instance

The cooking station actually has the utensils in that corner, so still part of the actual cooking station.  So Anet either needs to move the chest or remove the "2nd" part of the cooking station.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mogsterfortytwo.6712 said:

Wayfinder's Versatile Table doesn't seem to remember setting after you log out - goes back to a blank table.

This isn't a bug sadly. This how the devs designed it.  (They mention it in the live stream on homesteads)

• Sad 3

Interesting thing:

I was the homestead owner and a leader in my party that I brought my friend in as a guest. I had one character alts tagging me along. What I never knew as my 'guest' interacted my character alt to stop follow us. I had to interact the character alt TWICE (unfollow then follow) to make it work to follow me again. Looks like a problem with the permission system. I bet it's not fully implemented yet.

Edited by MordekaiZeyo.7318

Yeah mine are maxed and supposed to be journey man but says adept 300/400. Why would the last mastery line be to unlock journey man but it's not there. Not only do you not have Journeyman craft level after finishing the last mastery, you can make Kodan walls to build additions or another place but there is no roof to make for them.

Edited by DivaCeryn.2673

14 hours ago, Asuaka.1528 said:

Home instance plots are always 4 crops, no matter in which instance

home now, checked home instance and yup you're right, i blame i didn't sleep well during the weekend 🙂 no nodes missing

• Like 2

My Homestead things that bother me

It's already mentioned that you don't have access to your bed if you placed it inside another room.. As the story is character-based and not account based. The crafting is skipped and this is correct, but it's not possible to open the door for the room I already unlocked. This story is nice easy and some might need to replay them even if the complete housing part should be able to skipped if already done. This present you need to buy after the quest for your house is also character locked.. You can't buy it with someone else to complete the quest after.

None moveable furniture

Have you placed a candle on the Kodan Cooking station or placed a really huge carpet under some chairs, table? It is impossible to move those objects after. -You always select the carpet or the cooking station but not your chair or place a candle on it. I even cannot see what kind of object is selected inside the move or modification tool. I often need to move the wrong item until I find out it not the object I wanted to use. It always pick up the biggest object and you can not tab between objects like on enemies. Even if enemies mark with names if you selected them.

On huge objects these movement markers pretty small or stuck inside the deep inside the floor if you move your object inside the ground. You cannot see what direction you selected. Mouseover should highlight the marked direction and those arrows should be really bigger depending on object size. It seems there is no redo button for the last step if you moved inside the wrong direction.The markers should be bigger and better visible even if deep in ground and selected should be displayed by their names. This would also make the crafting more easy if you know what kind of item you placed there.

Planters

There are 3 planters inside your home instance with each of 4 plants inside. In homestead they only did copy and paste them. 2 have 4 spots to collect and the other 4 having only 4 spot. I wonder why this plants not placed a better way or why we not got 2 huge planting boxes with 6 of it on each side. This would make more sense and looking better.

Crafting Stations

The master cooking has his station inside the workbench are as inside the home instance. Why dont have each other current profession and also his workbench. I know this cooking station is from a special quest, but it won't break immersion if the actual character inside also had his small working station instead of keeping this are unused.

The furniture crafting station is a mess and why the hell or items sorted by level and not group inside groups like chairs, tables . . .All crafting station inside the whole game sorting the items in working groups and not by profession level.

Why does small items like candles cost more as huge walls or tress? This make no sense to me, as those items needed more as once.. They homestead material should calculated on the size and value of objects and not just random from 30-40 items for each. We really need a preview function like from armor crafting and it would be nice have a way to recycle wrong crafted items and get back at least some homestead mats, as over time there will be plenty things or those from the developers added we dont wanted to have.

A limitation of 250 and it total of 1000 items seems to be the wrong decission or did GW2 running in 8 Bit to address only 255 pieces each?

Mounts

Why cant we jump on our mouts on the stable, and possible a friend could also use one of our mounts inisde the homestead. Why did NPCs allowed on our mounts and stable? I also disabled mounts and gliding inside my homestead and those items only appear on my character. My friend inside did not got locked if I disabled the feature from the NPC.

Door to Kodan Lowland

As you possible know Homestead Door is locked when mounts and gliding is also locked. If I use the leave button I got directed to the place I was before. If I use the door, I got not teleported to the moon camp or kodan vilaage I got ported into nowhere inside the middle of  Lowlands Map. I got ported there where the quest is starting. I this is totally out of point of this door. What would you say if you teleport to lion arch and smashed into the ocean anytime instead. The fun fact if I port from Kodan Lowland with the door to my homestead, and using it back my character is not placed where the door was placed in Kodan Lowlands before.

Building Mode

While Building things I often got stuck between objects or walls blocking my perspective to place items.. Even in Bee mode. I often could not move out anymore between tables and chairs. The walls should disappear if coming close to them in build mode, if I want to place items direct on the walls to see. I also cant zoom as close to see what I am doing. I have no marker what kind of Object I have selected and if items overlapping I only the use the biggest of them in selection. Those navigation arrow too small and I did not see what direction I have selected and often lifting items from the ground. I found not out how to place items exactly back on floor level.

If I select an item to be place, I always need to close the selection window. This window should close by itself as soon as I picked up one item.

Items to click

Often object interfere if they could be clicked like the Blick lion board. If you build a item or sign just behind of it the sign could not be used and only the Black Lion Board appears. If you place items on the cooking station it always wanted to interact with turn off and on feature instead of selecting your item. In building mode, items should not be used.

This navigation is a useless feature if its not able to remember its last used settings. The developers placed some chairs on tables and flipped them not be used. We cannot interact with our bed for sleeping like we already can do inside foreign kodan beds. We should have useable Beds.

This is my current collection of homestead things I have discovered so far and I tend to use things very carefully as we can not see what we are building or anytime got stuck in things. As long as small pieces more expensive as huge trees and I as long I have no control about what Item I can build (preview) or what items is selected for modify or movement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Miriam.9241 said:

My Homestead things that bother me

It's already mentioned that you don't have access to your bed if you placed it inside another room.. As the story is character-based and not account based. The crafting is skipped and this is correct, but it's not possible to open the door for the room I already unlocked. This story is nice easy and some might need to replay them even if the complete housing part should be able to skipped if already done. This present you need to buy after the quest for your house is also character locked.. You can't buy it with someone else to complete the quest after.

None moveable furniture

Have you placed a candle on the Kodan Cooking station or placed a really huge carpet under some chairs, table? It is impossible to move those objects after. -You always select the carpet or the cooking station but not your chair or place a candle on it. I even cannot see what kind of object is selected inside the move or modification tool. I often need to move the wrong item until I find out it not the object I wanted to use. It always pick up the biggest object and you can not tab between objects like on enemies. Even if enemies mark with names if you selected them.

On huge objects these movement markers pretty small or stuck inside the deep inside the floor if you move your object inside the ground. You cannot see what direction you selected. Mouseover should highlight the marked direction and those arrows should be really bigger depending on object size. It seems there is no redo button for the last step if you moved inside the wrong direction.The markers should be bigger and better visible even if deep in ground and selected should be displayed by their names. This would also make the crafting more easy if you know what kind of item you placed there.

Planters

There are 3 planters inside your home instance with each of 4 plants inside. In homestead they only did copy and paste them. 2 have 4 spots to collect and the other 4 having only 4 spot. I wonder why this plants not placed a better way or why we not got 2 huge planting boxes with 6 of it on each side. This would make more sense and looking better.

Crafting Stations

The master cooking has his station inside the workbench are as inside the home instance. Why dont have each other current profession and also his workbench. I know this cooking station is from a special quest, but it won't break immersion if the actual character inside also had his small working station instead of keeping this are unused.

The furniture crafting station is a mess and why the hell or items sorted by level and not group inside groups like chairs, tables . . .All crafting station inside the whole game sorting the items in working groups and not by profession level.

Why does small items like candles cost more as huge walls or tress? This make no sense to me, as those items needed more as once.. They homestead material should calculated on the size and value of objects and not just random from 30-40 items for each. We really need a preview function like from armor crafting and it would be nice have a way to recycle wrong crafted items and get back at least some homestead mats, as over time there will be plenty things or those from the developers added we dont wanted to have.

A limitation of 250 and it total of 1000 items seems to be the wrong decission or did GW2 running in 8 Bit to address only 255 pieces each?

Mounts

Why cant we jump on our mouts on the stable, and possible a friend could also use one of our mounts inisde the homestead. Why did NPCs allowed on our mounts and stable? I also disabled mounts and gliding inside my homestead and those items only appear on my character. My friend inside did not got locked if I disabled the feature from the NPC.

Door to Kodan Lowland

As you possible know Homestead Door is locked when mounts and gliding is also locked. If I use the leave button I got directed to the place I was before. If I use the door, I got not teleported to the moon camp or kodan vilaage I got ported into nowhere inside the middle of  Lowlands Map. I got ported there where the quest is starting. I this is totally out of point of this door. What would you say if you teleport to lion arch and smashed into the ocean anytime instead. The fun fact if I port from Kodan Lowland with the door to my homestead, and using it back my character is not placed where the door was placed in Kodan Lowlands before.

Building Mode

While Building things I often got stuck between objects or walls blocking my perspective to place items.. Even in Bee mode. I often could not move out anymore between tables and chairs. The walls should disappear if coming close to them in build mode, if I want to place items direct on the walls to see. I also cant zoom as close to see what I am doing. I have no marker what kind of Object I have selected and if items overlapping I only the use the biggest of them in selection. Those navigation arrow too small and I did not see what direction I have selected and often lifting items from the ground. I found not out how to place items exactly back on floor level.

If I select an item to be place, I always need to close the selection window. This window should close by itself as soon as I picked up one item.

Items to click

Often object interfere if they could be clicked like the Blick lion board. If you build a item or sign just behind of it the sign could not be used and only the Black Lion Board appears. If you place items on the cooking station it always wanted to interact with turn off and on feature instead of selecting your item. In building mode, items should not be used.

This navigation is a useless feature if its not able to remember its last used settings. The developers placed some chairs on tables and flipped them not be used. We cannot interact with our bed for sleeping like we already can do inside foreign kodan beds. We should have useable Beds.

This is my current collection of homestead things I have discovered so far and I tend to use things very carefully as we can not see what we are building or anytime got stuck in things. As long as small pieces more expensive as huge trees and I as long I have no control about what Item I can build (preview) or what items is selected for modify or movement.

That is a long list of things! xD

After removing some grass in the area, when I try to put it back, it takes on the appearance of the last object used. So I can't put the grass back.

Some other looks, such as the potted shrub, have the same appearance as the basic one. Whereas in the craft image they look different.

You can't craft grass and it's a shame there aren't different colors like green to make a real lawn.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Teribury Night.5702 said:

The cooking station actually has the utensils in that corner, so still part of the actual cooking station.  So Anet either needs to move the chest or remove the "2nd" part of the cooking station.

Aesthetically, I wish it had the same layout as the Home Instance does instead of being split apart like that (and that Asuran gadget really needs to not be sitting on the butcher block). I was insistent that they needed to include it so I'm glad they didn't forget it, but I also wanted it available to all characters on the account which is still not the case. With the built-in Handiwork station having bank access that isn't as big an issue, though.

Still not clear why they broke it up like that, but the end result is it amounts to having two cooking stations -- a standalone prep area in the back corner & the oven out front. I'm happy it's there, but a bit disappointed by the implementation.

19 hours ago, Mystflower.7319 said:

This isn't a bug sadly. This how the devs designed it.  (They mention it in the live stream on homesteads)

The fact that all the toggle-ables behave like that suggests it's not a bug, just a limit in the devs abilities. If it's a genuine choice, I'd have to question why that would be a good design decision. If the intention is to show off to your friends, feels bad telling them to talk amongst themselves while you run around and set everything up. Given all the memory positioning hundreds of decs must use, an extra byte for a little toggle was too much?

On 8/23/2024 at 5:39 PM, Mystflower.7319 said:

5. After purchasing all the wood trade efficiency upgrades Refined Homestead wood can no longer be bought even though this should still be possible. The original post is here. (Anyone still having this bug?)

After the reset I could buy the 800, seems like it only happens in the week you upgrade the efficiency/amount you can buy

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

After removing some grass in the area, when I try to put it back, it takes on the appearance of the last object used. So I can't put the grass back.

Some other looks, such as the potted shrub, have the same appearance as the basic one. Whereas in the craft image they look different.

You can't craft grass and it's a shame there aren't different colors like green to make a real lawn.

Do you still have this problem after yesterdays update?

5 hours ago, Mogsterfortytwo.6712 said:

The fact that all the toggle-ables behave like that suggests it's not a bug, just a limit in the devs abilities. If it's a genuine choice, I'd have to question why that would be a good design decision. If the intention is to show off to your friends, feels bad telling them to talk amongst themselves while you run around and set everything up. Given all the memory positioning hundreds of decs must use, an extra byte for a little toggle was too much?

I agree that it's a shame that it functions like that. 
I feel the same way when it comes to our alts. Would have been nice to give them their own spot in the homestead.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

I hope we'll get some new decorations, and not just the recycling of the guild hall. The possibility of changing the outside would be nice too, I'm not a fan of the red zone when there's a nice patch of green grass on the map, too bad.

I'm hoping the same. I wonder when the race tracks will be added. Those can function as walls and roofs.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2024 at 5:31 AM, Teribury Night.5702 said:

Or just let us put it where we want and make it account wide.

• Like 1

I'll add three more to the list:

• Homestead Refinement-Metal Forge
    • Iron Ore Trade goes from 2:2 to 1:1 with the second Homestead Upgrade: Ore Trade Efficiency -> no discount
  • Homestead Refinement-Farm:
    • Onions are discounted from 4 to 1 with only one Homestead Upgrade: Fiber Trade Efficiency -> double discount
    • Potatoes are not discounted with first Homestead Upgrade: Fiber Trade Efficiency
  • Like 1