Some Secret Homestead Features I've Found

Hi, here are some lesser known features in the homestead. Hope these are useful for people!

1. In the stable there is an npc called the stable master. He will sell you 3 mount treats each day that give a large amount of Janthir Wild exp. (Not sure if this one is tied to homestead mastery level or not)
  2. At each of the material refinery areas there is a tab that lets you upgrade the trades available (efficiency of trades and number of total trades).
  3. For those not in the know, you can access your bank from any crafting station. This includes the Handiwork Workbench in the homestead.
  4. Deft Lahar (The npc right next to the homestead waypoint) sells recipes for Boss Trophies, Polychromatic armor, Master Crafter mats, and Home Instance nodes. (Alright, this one might not be so secret but it is useful)
  5. Jade Workbench NPC now sells a recipe for a Jade Bot Workbench for your homestead (300 Research notes) [Credit: blood.8765]

Edited by Kayle.1586
Add More Detail
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kayle.1586 said:

Hi, here are some lesser known features in the homestead. Hope these are useful for people!

1. In the stable there is an npc called the stable master. He will sell you 3 mount treats each day that give a large amount of Janthir Wild exp. (Not sure if this one is tied to homestead mastery level or not)
  2. At each of the material refinery areas there is a tab that lets you upgrade the trades available (efficiency of trades and number of total trades).
  3. For those not in the know, you can access your bank from any crafting station. This includes the Handiwork Workbench in the homestead.
  4. Deft Lahar (The npc right next to the homestead waypoint) sells recipes for Boss Trophies, Polychromatic armor, Master Crafter mats, and Home Instance nodes. (Alright, this one might not be so secret but it is useful)
  5. Jade Workbench NPC now sells a recipe for a Jade Bot Workbench for your homestead (300 Research notes) [Credit: blood.8765]

I had my Homestead for 4 days before I realized that my house has a basement. Also, there were some that wanted us to be able to have an aquarium. The main house in Autumn's Vale has a huge aquarium in the basement. It takes up 3 walls. I want one in my house.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fishing_Village_Aquarium

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Kayle.1586 said:
  1. Jade Workbench NPC now sells a recipe for a Jade Bot Workbench for your homestead (300 Research notes) [Credit: blood.8765]

Glenna in each raid wing also sells Bronze Raid boss trophy recipes for magnetite shards.

Will keep searching for more ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see for my homestead:

1. Tall Wall Aquarian similar to the one found at fishing village Aquarian

2. Tall Wall library book case with books

3. Tall Wall Wine rack with wine bottles

4. Wine bottles

5. Wine table setting of a bottle of wine and two wine glasses

6. Rows of grapes vines similar to that near the boathouse poi in low-lands

7. Round table like at Wry Lichens House poi in low-lands

8. More scribe recipes

• Like 2

On 8/25/2024 at 9:22 PM, Zenith.7301 said:

I want a sylvari themed homestead so bad with sylvari architecture. I'll give them all the cash shop money they want, just give me race-themed building skins.

I really hope they come out with a bunch of different themed instances, it's basically a licence for them to print money because if I could have a house is the mists (similar to Dessa lab) or a house in Old LA I'd buy that up from the gem store in the blink of an eye.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sabin.5149 said:

1. Tall Wall Aquarian similar to the one found at fishing village Aquarian

I'm not sure if we get them. It would be nice and I hope so.

But to have options,  I already tought about how i can create my own aquariums with Frenzy, Shooshadoo and the holographic koi packpeace, ad soon as weapon and armor showcases are unlocked.

Edited by Keymaster.7362

On 8/25/2024 at 6:10 PM, Agrotera.1254 said:

I had my Homestead for 4 days before I realized that my house has a basement

That's sad.

Going to the basement during the homestead story and read the children book from Poky was an achievement (and the tale is nice too - The house that ran away from home - or something).

• Thanks 1

I mean, I'm not sure it qualifies as "secret", but it was nice to discover that there are three groups of three fishing spots in the river that runs through the plot.

Oh, and the cat-related stuff you can buy from Holomancer Netto in Rata Sum works in your homestead.
I didn't even know she existed until recently when I thought that with the release of JW, it would be a good idea to get as many home instance cats as I could. I'm sure those people who have previously collected cats for the home instance are already aware of this, but it was new to me, and isn't mentioned anywhere in the Homestead itself.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2024 at 3:05 PM, Kayle.1586 said:

Home Instance nodes

Recipes for... Home instance nodes? Wait, what kind of recipes and what kind of nodes? Far as I know, you can't craft them- You have to buy them. You're telling me this NPC sells recipes for Mithril Ore node as an example? 😮 Perhaps I'm not understanding what you're saying?

1 minute ago, Kunavi.2407 said:

Recipes for... Home instance nodes? Wait, what kind of recipes and what kind of nodes? Far as I know, you can't craft them- You have to buy them. You're telling me this NPC sells recipes for Mithril Ore node as an example? 😮 Perhaps I'm not understanding what you're saying?

No, he sells the home instance nodes for Black Lion Statuettes. Sadly, there's no recipe to craft them.

On 9/7/2024 at 11:23 PM, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

I really hope they come out with a bunch of different themed instances, it's basically a licence for them to print money because if I could have a house is the mists (similar to Dessa lab) or a house in Old LA I'd buy that up from the gem store in the blink of an eye.

I wonder how easy it would be to copy paste the mechanics and items. It wasnt easy for guildhalls.. (hence the reason there are only 4 different ones..). So i dont think it is easy to create more. But who knows.. 

22 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

So i dont think it is easy to create more. But who knows.. 

It's a lot easier than you think, we're talking about making use of assets they already have, it's only a manner of setting them up tastefully and then getting all the nodes and such in place. Done.

Because most of it would be flat empty space, like the homestead we have now, even a junior dev could knock that up, only hurdle I see is the building that would serve as a house would have to be designed and 3D model to fit each theme, other than that they have everything they need, they just need to get it done.

5 hours ago, littledolores.9528 said:

oke.. nvm, they fixed this ^^

I am sad about that.  It felt like a nice way to help friends out.  I guess some people complained that they hadn't meant to give away their mats like that.

Is there any secret way to get large areas of green cover instead of dead looking Janthir grass?  The Lowlands have plenty of green in them, I would like a more verdant homestead.  (And no I don't want to painstakingly sink a thousand little potted grasses into the ground).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donari.5237 said:

Is there any secret way to get large areas of green cover instead of dead looking Janthir grass?

They already released some deco items on the shop. Plushies. I'm quite sure they won't miss out on the opportunity to sell theme packs to change the general style of one's instance. I know for a fact I'd throw $ at my screen for a Sci-Fi/CyberPunk one, there must be others thinking the same for other styles, as well. Or if they're really greedy, they might just sell large themed ground tiles to slap all over the default ground. Or just patches of various grass IG...

TBH I've not decorated at all, exactly because it's still in its infancy so to speak. I wanna see how they'll go forward with the whole system, perhaps over a year or so. Couldn't care less for basic beds and chairs and what not, and the current brown and yellow military FPS look, isn't my thing.

Edited by Kunavi.2407

On 9/10/2024 at 6:01 PM, Kunavi.2407 said:

They already released some deco items on the shop. Plushies. I'm quite sure they won't miss out on the opportunity to sell theme packs to change the general style of one's instance. I know for a fact I'd throw $ at my screen for a Sci-Fi/CyberPunk one, there must be others thinking the same for other styles, as well. Or if they're really greedy, they might just sell large themed ground tiles to slap all over the default ground. Or just patches of various grass IG...

TBH I've not decorated at all, exactly because it's still in its infancy so to speak. I wanna see how they'll go forward with the whole system, perhaps over a year or so. Couldn't care less for basic beds and chairs and what not, and the current brown and yellow military FPS look, isn't my thing.

I have a few items, but mostly, I have been stockpiling some resources that might be useful in the future. Since you have limits per week, it is nice to have a surplus.  

• Like 1