Giant Mushroom Spores

Anet, can you please increase the drop rate of the Giant Mushroom Spores. They were only sort of okay when it was just guild halls, as the price of them hovered around 10g on the trading post....but now due to Homesteads there are (as of this post) a whopping 4 giant mushroom spores on the trading post. It would be great if they could come from any type of mushroom harvest, or even a possible drop from mushroom enemies too. These are some of my favorite decorations but alas I am now limited to what I had pre-patch for mushroom spores.

If you need me I'll be farming mushrooms in Lake Doric.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I've just spoken to someone in Lake Dorik farming them, ONE in 1700 nodes. I myself... 600ish nodes and got one. The TP supply is now down to 27... they definitely need a boost in drop rate or another way of getting them. After getting one of each mushroom im giving up until there's a better way of acquiring them.

• Like 8

On 8/26/2024 at 9:22 AM, kharmin.7683 said:

Getting players to populate older maps?  I'd say this is working as intended.

It'd be fine if they had a drop rate like maguuma lilies or freshwater pearls.  But these things are super rare, to the point where you'd probably need to farm hundreds of nodes to have a reasonable chance of finding one.  

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

To be fair, it might be that most people don't know that these exist.  I myself didn't know that sawgil mushrooms dropped anything of value until this thread.  If the word spread around more and people actually harvested these nodes, we might have more.  

Most people probably don't know because they're so rare if you ever find one you might not even know it came from a sawgill mushroom node.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Avenrise.3592 said:

I've just spoken to someone in Lake Dorik farming them, ONE in 1700 nodes. I myself... 600ish nodes and got one. The TP supply is now down to 27... they definitely need a boost in drop rate or another way of getting them. After getting one of each mushroom im giving up until there's a better way of acquiring them.

Tp supply keeps recovering, I cleared it to 0 multiple times, every day 40 or so is restocked.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Tp supply keeps recovering, I cleared it to 0 multiple times, every day 40 or so is restocked.

So you're spending between roughly speaking 2-4k  multiple times as the current  21 on Tp would cost you 3k gold ?

Edited by Jammik Aixo.9457

5 hours ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

So you're saying someone bought them all and is now trickling them back in lol ; p

On 9/5/2024 at 1:12 AM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

It'd be fine if they had a drop rate like maguuma lilies or freshwater pearls.  But these things are super rare, to the point where you'd probably need to farm hundreds of nodes to have a reasonable chance of finding one.  

And that would be true even if we were talking the old lilies/pearls droprates, before they were increased due to them being way too rare. Those still were far better than the mushrooms' ones.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Jammik Aixo.9457 said:

So you're spending between roughly speaking 2-4k  multiple times as the current  21 on Tp would cost you 3k gold ?

Well it's around 3k overall, like the 150 and above is in few units only, majority offten is spread lower so it's like 3,3 or whatever on avg now to clean tp supply to 0. Not sure what u meant by comment tho

16 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

So you're saying someone bought them all and is now trickling them back in lol ; p

No, I'm saying that I'm buying every single one every few days and next time I check it's 30-40 back in stock. If gw2bltc data correct then I'm the biggest supply drain for spores(bought majority is mine), and I'm not flipping them or reselling back.

So supply or drop rates or some sheananigan ongoing which repumps supply. Obv some guys might have bought for flips, some might accidentally bought too much or bought as investment and then panicked or taking profit, yet I doubt it's speculation related gut says otherwise. 

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I do wonder if all the Indigo mushrooms I get are somehow "blocking" the drop for me or not. All of the giant mushroom spores I ever got were prior to me unlocking the collection that bombarded me with those.

Even if the droprate of them stayed the same but they added them as a possible chance to any mushroom node and/or mushroom mobs that would be a huge help for those of us that can't spend 60-90g per spore on the trading post.

It benefits everyone but the super rich to spread the word on where these drop so when I was farming I shouted that the best place to farm Sawgill is Lake Dorik. It works on multiple characters and the node resets relatively quickly, it's not a daily thing or anything. Quite a few newer players thanked me via whisper as they didnt know about the spores, I'm hoping they can get something out of this current madness of a situation.

I stopped farming when I posted above. Im growing on my housing plot right now because someone said Spores can't drop and I want to prove them wrong. The wiki states they also don't drop pigment but got a couple of those so... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Avenrise.3592 said:

It benefits everyone but the super rich to spread the word on where these drop so when I was farming I shouted that the best place to farm Sawgill is Lake Dorik. It works on multiple characters and the node resets relatively quickly, it's not a daily thing or anything. Quite a few newer players thanked me via whisper as they didnt know about the spores, I'm hoping they can get something out of this current madness of a situation.

I stopped farming when I posted above. Im growing on my housing plot right now because someone said Spores can't drop and I want to prove them wrong. The wiki states they also don't drop pigment but got a couple of those so... 🤷‍♂️

This was part of my hope in posting about this, that those that don't know about these start farming Sawgill mushrooms, but also that maybe, just maybe Anet makes some changes to the drop rate or drop sources. I don't know that I've gotten a giant spore drop since I started getting Indigo Mushrooms, but that's likely just the low drop rate of giant spores and the high drop rate of indigo mushrooms (please make them stop).

I still try to farm Lake Doric at least once a day, but given that I work a full time job that doesn't always happen. 😛 

• Like 1