Endless Warclaw Kitten Tonic = disappointment

So I farmed caches for 2 weeks to get this tonic and it finally dropped today... instant regret.

For an item that takes this long to get through RNG, or costs 800 currency which takes ages to farm (you get 2-7 from regular events and  5-12 from group events) - all you can do is run around. It gives you no fun skills to use, no nothing. It breaks horribly with skin-affecting infusions on. You can't even jump!

This is one of the 2 long term things to farm in this expac, the other being the spear skin from 2nd meta boss and it's... a major disappointment. Please add some long term rewards that people can realistically work towards and that don't turn out lame.

Edited by rune.9572
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

The "kitten" in the name probably means it is cute. And cute = expensive. That is why it costs a lot. Personally I mainly get all such stuff only for completion - buying the cheaper ones first. I think sooner or later (unless farming for legendaries) people will end up with a lot of currency where the tonic might not be tooo expensive. (+ atm we still need reasons to play content the achievements feel fast to finish compared to SotO release 1 stuff where it took longer)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

The "kitten" in the name probably means it is cute. And cute = expensive. That is why it costs a lot.

The Lowland Warclaws a.k.a. Journeykin look like cartoon cats, just like the Lowland Kodan look like cartoonish teddybears. I consider both rather lame, so no idea why anyone would find either of them "cute." 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

The Lowland Warclaws a.k.a. Journeykin look like cartoon cats, just like the Lowland Kodan look like cartoonish teddybears. I consider both rather lame, so no idea why anyone would find either of them "cute." 🤷‍♀️

Because there's no accounting for taste? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

That is very true. I just wanted to mention that not everybody agrees on the "cute" part. 😄

Yeah, one person's cute is another person's fugly. That's also a big reason why there are so many skins in this game

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spiral.3724 said:

Yeah, just got this as a drop (which I didn't know was possible, so that was cool) but not being able to jump is kinda lame. 

When you do /dance, the kitten looks like it's gonna barf, lol.

Now I look forward to buying it just so I can see the barfing kitten 🤢 😆

Maybe they could turn it into a costume brawl toy that would let you spawn warclaw scat to damage your enemies. (+ it being able to turned into the composter for faster renown heart progress at the west heart in Lowlands)

Then I bet everyone would be happy. 😄

I wish one could do more when transformed into the Warclaw Kitten. Would be good if it had a fly mode and jump mode (like with the Skyscale Tonic or any other tonics like the quaggan etc). Also if it had a combat mode and a attack look mode (the look it has when it goes in a ready to attack mode,down with its back like the Pet does after it sniffs).

Some tonics has the combat mode so could be a good thing for this one too.

wait another tonic without a jump? what year is this?!

c'mon Anet...

i get in older expacs tonics for things like boneskinner might not have had jump because there was no animation for boneskinner jumping

(though it would have been nice if they could have made one for the tonic)

but Warclaws are already player controlled, they have jumping animations, there is no excuse for this tonic to be missing a jump.

• Like 2