Spellbreakers have a 1 shot build now

vcxxx.3159

Devs are either alseep at the wheel or intentionally sabotaging the game mode.

Why did the theif spear get nerfed two days after the release of JW but still nothing to address Spellbreaker? They clearly have the capacity to hotfix these broken mechanics but choose not to. Why?

Immobilize > Unblockable knockdown > 1 shot. All while retaining the unkillable mechanics of spellbreaker.

At this point, I don't even know what to discuss anymore. Lots of people say, "load them up with condis!" But their condi clear on weapon swap, fc, heal, and ultility skills seems to void that axiom. Lots of people say, "avoid them!" Which I resentfully agree is the only way to succeed against them, but what do I do if there's two on the enemy team?

There's clearly something sinister involved in this equation. Anet doesn't want to support sPVP instances anymore so they introduced a game-mode breaking class to just clear us out. I sincerely believe there's some high up exec at Anet who wants to completely kill the game mode to aleviate strain on the servers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Spear Swipe? At least I think that's what it is...holy hell have I been knocked back a lot (and into a lot of DH traps like a pinball) in the past couple weeks.  Cause that couple secs of stability on my Druid build is...definitely not enough for this lolol

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, vcxxx.3159 said:

Why did the theif spear get nerfed two days after the release of JW but still nothing to address Spellbreaker?

You mean the also nerfed warrior spear (Harrier Toss) the same day as they nerfed thief spear?

Spellbreaker already had "one shot" (high burst) builds before spear... and those builds are way easier to get killed than defense spb, if you died to a non defense spellbreaker, you deserved it.

Edited by Zekent.3652
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, vcxxx.3159 said:

Why did the theif spear get nerfed two days after the release of JW but still nothing to address Spellbreaker? They clearly have the capacity to hotfix these broken mechanics but choose not to. Why?

Immobilize > Unblockable knockdown > 1 shot. All while retaining the unkillable mechanics of spellbreaker.

At this point, I don't even know what to discuss anymore. Lots of people say, "load them up with condis!" But their condi clear on weapon swap, fc, heal, and ultility skills seems to void that axiom. Lots of people say, "avoid them!" Which I resentfully agree is the only way to succeed against them, but what do I do if there's two on the enemy team?

There's clearly something sinister involved in this equation. Anet doesn't want to support sPVP instances anymore so they introduced a game-mode breaking class to just clear us out. I sincerely believe there's some high up exec at Anet who wants to completely kill the game mode to aleviate strain on the servers.

I just hope if a mes, ranger, or ele immortal build pops up you are as vocal about demolishing it too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

I just hope if a mes, ranger, or ele immortal build pops up you are as vocal about demolishing it too.

I have played against immortal druids (Father Arwen), Eles (Gama), and Mesmers (Turducken of Gears) before. The difference here is anyone can spend a week on Spellbreaker and start winning 2v1s while the former players spend years refining their skills and builds.

There have been more than enough posts about how noob friendly spellbreaker is and the build really does spit in the face of people who have spent years refining their skills only for some noob to generate the same if not more output after a week of playing.

Ultimately what I'm trying to say is if I run into an immortal mes, ranger, or ele, I know its a one off. I know they're one in a hundred players. With spellbreaker its completely inverted. In other words, I have a 1% chance of encountering an unkillable mes, druid, or ele, and a 1% chance of encountering a killable spellbreaker.

Edited by vcxxx.3159
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

53 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Do you expect consistency from the PvP forum?

Thats going to be a rough call.

7 minutes ago, vcxxx.3159 said:

I have played against immortal druids (Father Arwen), Eles (Gama), and Mesmers (Turducken of Gears) before. The difference here is anyone can spend a week on Spellbreaker and start winning 2v1s while the former players spend years refining their skills and builds.

There have been more than enough posts about how noob friendly spellbreaker is and the build really does spit in the face of people who have spent years refining their skills only for some noob to generate the same if not more output after a week of playing.

Ultimately what I'm trying to say is if I run into an immortal mes, ranger, or ele, I know its a one off. I know they're one in a hundred players. With spellbreaker its completely inverted. In other words, I have a 1% chance of encountering an unkillable mes, druid, or ele, and a 1% chance of encountering a killable spellbreaker.

See what i mean?

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, vcxxx.3159 said:

?

That's why they're releasing a new mode? You've seen usual incompetence and jumped straight to conspiracy theory

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vcxxx.3159 said:

If refining  your build for years is what qualifies you for having an immortal build, warriors in general have been doing that on barely working build concoctions with less success than most other classes, and even then only coming up with tank builds because the mechanics provided cannot work any other way (see: berserker, bladesworn)

Find a problem with immortal builds in general, you're fueled by contempt. that's not something you should be able to earn, and if it is warrior players competent enough to play the way you take issue with already earned it. 

Thief spear being garb for competitive is its own problem, made manifest by everyone being quiet during the feedback phase thinking they'd benefit by being able to cartwheel across the map without that being patched. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

Ranger builds don't last very long before getting demolished.  In fact, they are pre-demolishing them now (see: stealth nerfs three minutes after the expansion launches).  

You gotta wonder how they didn't see Staff/Spear being broken on War and Guard.  

I guess the same way that support chrono goes untouched.  Sometimes they willfully ignore an overperformer just to keep things moving.  

• Confused 5

6 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Ranger builds don't last very long before getting demolished.  In fact, they are pre-demolishing them now (see: stealth nerfs three minutes after the expansion launches).  

You gotta wonder how they didn't see Staff/Spear being broken on War and Guard.  

I guess the same way that support chrono goes untouched.  Sometimes they willfully ignore an overperformer just to keep things moving.  

They didnt see it being broken on warrior because they dont actually touch warrior unless they get an OVERWHELMING response, like they did to spear and staff.

Im very sure the dev teams doesnt actually touch warrior until the last 30 minutes before the patch notes go out. If they did they should have seen the issue spear and relic of rives would have caused om SPB miles down the road.

• Thanks 1

One of my games yesterday, opponent team with 2 DHs, virtuoso, untamed and a thief. Raining dmg aoes from everywhere, cant stay still for a moment or I pop, CCs flying everywhere, half my HP gone just from a few seconds covering distance to any of the opponents.

Yeeeeeeeees, SPB spear is definitely the 1 shot build. kitten all you like about it being unkillable, it is, but its dmg is moderate at best. I can understand complaining "it deals too much dmg for its tankiness", but 1 shot build? Lol.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 9/4/2024 at 5:33 AM, Last Crab.6054 said:

there's like seven different oneshot builds running around pvp.

Except you don't hear forums cry about them, becouse you gotta be above silver to find a deacent thief or mesmer.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2024 at 3:24 AM, vcxxx.3159 said:

first of all, said immobilise has a thin, hard to hit hitbox.
Secondairyly, there isn't a knockdown in spear toolkit. Theres a Launch. - what's the difference?  Launch has fixed duration of about 1.5 second.
and finaly what's the oneshot?
if you mean the [Spearmartial Support] - the thing with 1 sec delay before striking, and takes its sweet time applying said damage, so you can wait out the CC and still avoid most of it then i highly question your ability ti find the dodge key on your keyboard.

if you mean the spear F1, which does lower damage than Arcing Slice does to full health target, then i highly question your ability to recall the damage you took 2-3 weeks ago.

If you mean combination of those two, you'll still get less damage, than [Bull's Charge] into [Hundred Blades] deals.

With your ability to comprehend facts and reality being on the level you are showing, I'm genuenly suprised you managed to log into the game to begin with.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Captain Crapface.7528 said:

first of all, said immobilise has a thin, hard to hit hitbox.
Secondairyly, there isn't a knockdown in spear toolkit. Theres a Launch. - what's the difference?  Launch has fixed duration of about 1.5 second.
and finaly what's the oneshot?
if you mean the [Spearmartial Support] - the thing with 1 sec delay before striking, and takes its sweet time applying said damage, so you can wait out the CC and still avoid most of it then i highly question your ability ti find the dodge key on your keyboard.

if you mean the spear F1, which does lower damage than Arcing Slice does to full health target, then i highly question your ability to recall the damage you took 2-3 weeks ago.

If you mean combination of those two, you'll still get less damage, than [Bull's Charge] into [Hundred Blades] deals.

With your ability to comprehend facts and reality being on the level you are showing, I'm genuenly suprised you managed to log into the game to begin with.

Surprised more crap didn't come out of your mouth

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I shelved the game for 2 months cuz its not fun anymore. But i was bored and decided to check forums....

whats the SPB fuzz about?   

Did they get alacrity? and that increses the frequency of FC?   

is that whats happening?   I need a captain pls.

Edited by Sahne.6950

11 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I shelved the game for 2 months cuz its not fun anymore. But i was bored and decided to check forums....

alac relic on dodge 😁

28 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

They added spear, essentially. Spear is ranged and does dmg that actually lands.

Not sure if you've been around for staff release, but with it SPB got pretty tanky. Its a lot like bladesworn at its "best moments", but worse (to play against). More dmg and more sustain.

Edited by Hotride.2187