September 10th Nerfs

Kraav.8136

1 hour ago, Jobber.6348 said:

Some clickbait titles for you: 

Spear nerf is a great start! Please nerf these other things as well...

Anet please nerf Defense traitline, the sustain is too much still...

Why is Berserker still hitting me for 40k damage in a single hit? Please nerf Berserker

Dragon Slash did 4000 damage to me, it's too much damage! 

Spellbreaker is fine, please nerf Core warrior 
(yo if you need me to explain how much of a joke this is, you don't belong on Warrior sub) 

And I expect every warrior main worth their salt to tell them that SPB is here to stay now.

Collective statement should be:
"We warned, argued, pleaded and begged. But it doesnt matter now, you can only blame yourself and Anet. Now you get what you deserve."

Edited by WingSwipe.3084
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

And I expect every warrior main worth their salt to tell them that SPB is here to stay now.

Collective statement should be:
"We warned, argued, pleaded and begged. But it doesnt matter now, you can only blame yourself and Anet. Now you get what you deserve."

Watch SPB get finally nerfed next quarter and you can feel how Revenant mains feel when literally all their weapons and core traitlines are in shambles after Herald finally got nerfed. And a sucker like me plays both Warrior and Revenant. Time to play Guardian like daddy Anet wants you to I guess. 

• Thanks 1

I really don't have the words.
I demand a statement from the balancing team.

The spear may be very strong on the warrior, but it is still weak compared to the guardian as an example.

Why is only the warrior being nerfed?
As soon as there is something good for the warrior, this is immediately not only annoyed, it is completely destroyed.
Skill number 4 of the spear can no longer be used in WvW.
Why do you have to destroy the entire weapon instead of tweaking the damage?
It seems to me that the balancing team is busy all day just to keep the warrior as bad as he is and nobody wants to play him, why?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Trippler.3489 said:

I really don't have the words.
I demand a statement from the balancing team.

The spear may be very strong on the warrior, but it is still weak compared to the guardian as an example.

Why is only the warrior being nerfed?
As soon as there is something good for the warrior, this is immediately not only annoyed, it is completely destroyed.
Skill number 4 of the spear can no longer be used in WvW.
Why do you have to destroy the entire weapon instead of tweaking the damage?
It seems to me that the balancing team is busy all day just to keep the warrior as bad as he is and nobody wants to play him, why?

Balancing team when discussing the issue of spears doing damage:
"Warrior spear do damage and nothing else?

Noooo, warrior spear no allow to do damage, nerf damage, only blue class do is ok to do damage.

Why warrior mains no switch to blue class, blue class best class, make warriors leave class to play blue class."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Lmao, just actually did a deep dive on Guard spear, it has:

• Damage
  • Healing
  • Cleanse
  • Ally Cleanse
  • Anti-power condis
  • Has an "empower next attack" mechanic.
  • Defensive boons application.
  • Offensive boons Application.
  • Ally boon application
  • Single target spike damage.
  • AOE spike damage.
  • AOE Knockback
  • 600 Leap

Warrior spear "had":

• Damage
  • One Unblockable knockback
  • AOE
  • Immobilise
  • Evade
  • 900 range (1200 for primal)

They had the same damage and Guardian can litteraly port on a target and bypass the melee issue and it does similar damage to pre nerf spear.

Im laughing so hard writing this down due to the absurdity of it all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, gyravi.9632 said:

And the sad thing, at least in solo roaming WvW you are still forced to run spear.

Because what else I could run? 
Being only melee in this meta is suicide.

Rifle is so garbage and it's a 2012 weapon never revamped, longbow is just a melee condi weapon, you have no other options, but keep using spear for the CCs and evades.

While willbender is laughing hard and its spear4 does more damage then warrior's pre nerf and it's aoe for full damage always.

Nice job anet.

Anet loves their guardian and all its specs. all of them are viable and strong even.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, fedorov.1480 said:

Second time on the bait and switch, first was bladesworn that actually did damage comparable to other classes then hard nerf.  Now the same thing with spear, the damage in WVW is so weak now and spear does nothing else, no boons, no condis, nothing, and spear 5 reflects are awesome.  Spearmarshal impossible to land now as well, so much fun. I didn't believe the class bias until now but my goodness is it evident.  Second time you've gotten my money based on warrior hope,  shame on me right?.......

Actually its 4th time. Remember when on release in WvW spellbreaker's f2 was doing nice dmg? Initially they cut the dmg in half which i guess was good as it was landing 10k prior to the nerf on 5 people aoe. Too strong. Then it was around 5k dmg, which was ok. Now it only blocks one attack and lands some mini cc. Sad. Then berseker initially was condi god, people wanted more power dmg, they gave it for a moon or two then they nerfed it to the ground again or left bugs unfixed. Anet hates warrior and thief and loves guardian so much. All guardian specs are super strong in every possible area of this game. Whether support,condi, power dmg or mix they are gods

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, thaniretouni.4762 said:

Actually its 4th time. Remember when on release in WvW spellbreaker's f2 was doing nice dmg? Initially they cut the dmg in half which i guess was good as it was landing 10k prior to the nerf on 5 people aoe. Too strong. Then it was around 5k dmg, which was ok. Now it only blocks one attack and lands some mini cc. Sad. Then berseker initially was condi god, people wanted more power dmg, they gave it for a moon or two then they nerfed it to the ground again or left bugs unfixed. Anet hates warrior and thief and loves guardian so much. All guardian specs are super strong in every possible area of this game. Whether support,condi, power dmg or mix they are gods

100% Agree. Anet is not nerfing warrior builds, they are killing every build. Warrior was sometimes really fun to play, today I cant find any fun build anymore. Or as soon you have one= Killed in the next "Balance Patch".

You would really think that only former politicians work in the balancing team...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Lmao, just actually did a deep dive on Guard spear, it has:

• Damage
  • Healing
  • Cleanse
  • Ally Cleanse
  • Anti-power condis
  • Has an "empower next attack" mechanic.
  • Defensive boons application.
  • Offensive boons Application.
  • Ally boon application
  • Single target spike damage.
  • AOE spike damage.
  • AOE Knockback
  • 600 Leap

Warrior spear "had":

• Damage
  • One Unblockable knockback
  • AOE
  • Immobilise
  • Evade
  • 900 range (1200 for primal)

They had the same damage and Guardian can litteraly port on a target and bypass the melee issue and it does similar damage to pre nerf spear.

Im laughing so hard writing this down due to the absurdity of it all.

They don't give a kitten on Warrior community.They bait us with some features, then nerf them to the ground.No more pleasure to play this class professions anymore...And why they touch PVE when nobody cares (don't tell me trash mobs/bosses yell for nerfs on warrior forums)...Just stay in PvP/WvW where ppl scream for balance.Let my Warrior be plain strong as it was meant to be in PVE or give us complex ability features like other classes.kitten now I can't even solo a kitten Champion in Open World with this new weapon decently.Stop hot-patching if you are bad at it, "balance" "TEAM" (nerf team more to be called)!!!

This makes no sense too. Why make the one skill that was good on spear and made it iconic something that can be dodged first hit and just ignore. That is like saying any other skill that has multiple attacks should follow the same nerf but of course only nerf warrior. Make it unplayable in wvw and no one will play it. Damage wasn’t even that great too and still they nerf it while allowing all other classes to roam free with 1 and 2 shot builds. ( looking at willbender). If I have to run all glass to even do damage in wvw as warrior then all other classes with their ports can just focus me, in and out. They need to stop reducing damage on warrior, it should hurt but not by sacrificing my survival, I don’t have quick escapes like all classes. Of course all hope is lost in anet even getting that.

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Im so looking forward to the patch preview.

SPB might get nuked and we get nothing in return, anyone wanna bet?

I'll put 10 mystic coins in the prize pool for SPB getting "Fixed" and nothing being given back to warriors.

Yeah, I expect nerfs to Arms as they didn't nerf Harrier's Toss in PvP... probably Signet Mastery's ferocity bonus from 100 to 50 or so. Maybe even nerfs to Defense and of course, Full-Counter cooldown increase (since everyone including warrior mains ask for it so openly and gladly). Well, people got and will get what they asked for. It will be certainly a spectacle to observe together with all the nerfs that happened yesterday and on August 20th. Warrior suddenly biggest outlier in the game. 🤡

5 minutes ago, cryorion.9532 said:

Yeah, I expect nerfs to Arms as they didn't nerf Harrier's Toss in PvP... probably Signet Mastery's ferocity bonus from 100 to 50 or so. Maybe even nerfs to Defense and of course, Full-Counter cooldown increase (since everyone including warrior mains ask for it so openly and gladly). Well, people got and will get what they asked for. It will be certainly a spectacle to observe together with all the nerfs that happened yesterday and on August 20th. Warrior suddenly biggest outlier in the game. 🤡

That would kill the Gunzerker signet meme builds, that would probably be the thing that kills the game for me.

It would literally force SPB to be the only "viable" choice. Thats if they dont giga nerf the defence and SPB traits that is.

Every warrior playing defence/discipline hammer SPB, nothing new under the sun really but still.

Im pretty sure that the last 1-2% of warriors that play BSW or Zerker in PvP just rage quit or refunded Janthir.

15 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

*casually tucks Janthir Wilds money back into wallet and sets a phone alarm for friday*

😒

Good for you, but spear in its overpowered state was a lot of fun in WvW, given how op other things in this gamemode are... so it might have been worth it after all 😁

Edited by cryorion.9532

6 minutes ago, Mike Beez.5364 said:

Is this game balanced around PvP? Been wanting to get back in to the game since vanilla. All I see on these forums are people talking about PvP. If that's the case I won't buy the rest of the expansions. Wanted to play warrior too.

The game is balanced around pve and pvp seperately, but just about everything works in pve with minor game knowledge, so the profession forums are usually full of players with specific issues.

The most prevalant warrior issue is that its pvp capabilities are largely handicapped compared to other classes and kept that way by class balancing.  PvE is fine though. If you wanna do open world, raids and boss missions you'll find success, most likely. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

7 minutes ago, Mike Beez.5364 said:

Is this game balanced around PvP? Been wanting to get back in to the game since vanilla. All I see on these forums are people talking about PvP. If that's the case I won't buy the rest of the expansions. Wanted to play warrior too.

sPvP is a dumpster fire of poor balance and terrible build variety. I haven't had fun in sPvP since 2014. WvW isn't perfectly balanced either, but most classes have at least a few builds that can compete in zerging and/or roaming. I'd recommend getting into WvW if you enjoy PvP.

Edited by Grith.9534
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

It seems warrior is being used as a proxy by someone or a group who have a bone to pick, but can't do anything about it irl. I could be wrong which I hope I am, but my years on this planet have shone the light on some seriously petty acting people. What in the world is going on with folks? 😔😔😔

Edited by Widebody.5071

On 9/11/2024 at 1:23 AM, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Balancing team when discussing the issue of spears doing damage:
"Warrior spear do damage and nothing else?

Noooo, warrior spear no allow to do damage, nerf damage, only blue class do is ok to do damage.

Why warrior mains no switch to blue class, blue class best class, make warriors leave class to play blue class."

I feel like you work at Anet, cause this absolutely happened...exactly this way.

• Haha 2

If someone has infinite time, I'd love to see the stats on "number of times things broke in pve because of modifications to the game mainly to address pvp/wvw results".

Any level-based, gear-accumulative game mechanic system is primarily a pve game.  I truly don't understand why devs are so determined to connect A to B.  Perfect PVP games are player skill - you can have varying equivalent classes, certainly (ala Teamfortress) but aside from that it should be entirely player skill, not ones' playtime or checkbook.

Can you imagine a chess tournament where the guy with more $ gets pieces that can move extra spaces?  Or the one who's played the most hours can 'shrug off' X number of captures?  Nobody would play that.

On 9/11/2024 at 4:40 PM, cryorion.9532 said:

Good for you, but spear in its overpowered state was a lot of fun in WvW, given how op other things in this gamemode are... so it might have been worth it after all 😁

Spear was not overpowered. You don't know a thing about power and balance.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/11/2024 at 5:23 AM, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Im so looking forward to the patch preview.

SPB might get nuked and we get nothing in return, anyone wanna bet?

I'll put 10 mystic coins in the prize pool for SPB getting "Fixed" and nothing being given back to warriors.

You know what, I hope this happens, not because it's good thing, or something I want(I love playing my warriors), but it's been a one step forward, two steps back, and settling for less, in a cycle of constant degradation for th class. I'm tired, Warrior itself still hasn't been compensated correctly from the damage/CC damage nerfs in 2020 patch, had to stay with a whole nearly unusable broken traitline for years before its fix . Now we're advocating for removal  and burying of a spec, ripping aways its tools because people  think this is why the other aspects of the class are bad or is taking the power budget.  We're just giving up instead of trying to lift up the aspects of the class that should've been updated or helped. People got a taste of an overtuned spear, which just outright makes Rifle obsolete because it does everything better/better designed, some actual high low effort damage and go off piggy backing onto shifting the blame to Spb for the woes. Like making really dumb statements(I'm sorry it is) like 100B doing more damage in practice than Spearmarshal's Support meanwhile one has you completely melee animation locked requires set up, and the other is a ranged cast, which you're not locked to any animation lock/root, and can cast it behind you while easily hitting in the range of 8k-11k depending on the target. 

People want a worse Spb? Here's some changes Anet. 

-Fix FC CD bug(deserved)
-Spb Burst skills consume 2 Bars of Adrenaline instead of 1. 
-Loss Aversion - give it a 5s ICD for the adrenaline gain
-Attacker's Insight from 35/45 -> 15 per stat stack
-Magebane Tether - remove the 10% damage mod, increase the cooldown from 8s to 15s. (Gaining might and applying reveal + pull is enough)
-Dispelling Force - Rework this to only remove 1 boon, on a burst skill prioritizing might, 10s ICD.
-Pure Sight - 3% crit damage increase -> 7% against boonless foes.
-No Escape - 0.5s Immobilize on daze and stun, 5s ICD. 
Guard Counter - 3s->2s Protection, you only gain protection when you hit something with FC.