Map completion being character wide achievements in achievements section for easy tracking.

I would like there to be actual acheivements for map completion on a per character basis (instead of having to hover over the map in world map view to see completion level) for easy tracking as someone who enjoys casual map completion, even it it yeilds little reward.

Edited by Prometheus.9320
more detail
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

No, instead of having to go through loading screens on each character to see which ones you have completed a map on, it would be easily accessible through the api (like with blish HUD or something or how you can search for an item throughout a whole account using gw2efficiency ). Not to mention if you're missing some random poi or vista you would be able to just to the relevant achievements and see what isnt at 100% instead of looking at the having to search through the map. Thats just my experience anyway. Also unless im missing something that big map completion is just for core tyria... So yes to your question.

Edited by Prometheus.9320
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Does gw2efficiency even track the Character Adventure Guide? Isn't everything else account-wide in achievements?

As far as I saw it shows them, but doesn't track them. And as far as I understood the documentation of the achievment API endpoint in the wiki, there is no option to show the character specific state of achievments.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

I'm pretty sure the character select screen shows the map completion for individual characters (along with their crafting) when you single click on them

That's just for core Tyria. I think he's wanting everything, everywhere, and offline.

But you see character achievement only when logged in said character.

You ask for something that shows the progress of all characters in one screen.

I think the login screen is long due for more updates. It could show stuff like that via buttons (show/hide). Different statuses of your account and characters.

I use Excel because my desire for simple control exceeds the free capabilities of Anet. I track the story progress of each character for each expansion and season. I logged the choices done when creating a character (don't want to accidentally pick the same choices when creating a new character, I can get different story bits). Armor slots and what stat there are. Exploration progress. Specs progress, amount of armor and build slots,...

Once you start with something like that (I started this for a story progress overview and it extended itself over time), there's no end xD

I'm always a fan of more data prettily displayed.

On 9/12/2024 at 1:11 PM, Prometheus.9320 said:

No, instead of having to go through loading screens on each character to see which ones you have completed a map on, it would be easily accessible through the api (like with blish HUD or something or how you can search for an item throughout a whole account using gw2efficiency ). Not to mention if you're missing some random poi or vista you would be able to just to the relevant achievements and see what isnt at 100% instead of looking at the having to search through the map. Thats just my experience anyway. Also unless im missing something that big map completion is just for core tyria... So yes to your question.

Well, character-specific achievements are not a thing in GW2. They never have been and it's unlikely they will do something like that in the future. Just like you would have to log in to every character to see how far along their map completion is, you'd then have to log in to every character to see where their achievement progress is at. Or do you want to see all character-specific achievements regardless of what character you're one? As if the achievement category list isn't already long enough. Also, 10 years in and you create a new character. Do you expect a new achievement category to suddenly appear in the Hero panel because you've created a character? Or to disappear when you delete one?

Just log on a character and check their map completion. Non-core maps? Hover over the map name and you'll see how far completion is and what you still need to complete for that map. Yes, it can take a while if you have dozens of characters. But to me that falls under the consequences of your own choices category.

Just now, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Well, character-specific achievements are not a thing in GW2. They never have been and it's unlikely they will do something like that in the future. Just like you would have to log in to every character to see how far along their map completion is, you'd then have to log in to every character to see where their achievement progress is at. Or do you want to see all character-specific achievements regardless of what character you're one? As if the achievement category list isn't already long enough. Also, 10 years in and you create a new character. Do you expect a new achievement category to suddenly appear in the Hero panel because you've created a character? Or to disappear when you delete one?

Just log on a character and check their map completion. Non-core maps? Hover over the map name and you'll see how far completion is and what you still need to complete for that map. Yes, it can take a while if you have dozens of characters. But to me that falls under the consequences of your own choices category.

Technically there are character based achievements - the character adventure guide is specific to each alt (and is annoying to boot). I guess they could tie this suggestion into that. Not sure I see the point mind

Just now, Randulf.7614 said:

Technically there are character based achievements - the character adventure guide is specific to each alt (and is annoying to boot). I guess they could tie this suggestion into that. Not sure I see the point mind

Hm, that's true. Didn't think of that because they're useless achievements to me. I haven't levelled a character the old-fashioned way for a decade or so and I'm drowning in spirit shards.

Continent completion, or something like it, would be a great addition; but on the character select screen. The hero panel would be just as tedious as you still have to log into the character, but tracking a more detailed completion with all the xpak and LW maps at the character lobby level is a good idea.
I have 29 characters, so not having to do my impression of Pepe in front of his theory board trying to figure out which toon still needs to finish the Desolation so I can craft Nevermore would be handy.