Mechanist with soulbeast merge mechanic

Kaks.8590

18 minutes ago, Mic.1897 said:

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds completely unnecessary and also slightly goofy 

Probably not. The last thing I'd want to witness is my charr morphing into that pile of green rocks. Not only it would pulverize my suspension of disbelief and be ugly overall, the gameplay would probably be extra janky. All that just so that a few asura players get to have a 30 minutes honeymoon with it and be bored afterwards.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, MrForz.1953 said:

Probably not. The last thing I'd want to witness is my charr morphing into that pile of green rocks. Not only it would pulverize my suspension of disbelief and be ugly overall, the gameplay would probably be extra janky. All that just so that a few asura players get to have a 30 minutes honeymoon with it and be bored afterwards.

The "merge" effect can be something subtle. It's not like you turn in to manbearpig when you merge on soulbeast. Im also surprised that this is where you draw the line in a fantasy game.

Im also sorry to hear that the in game totally not janky AI is able to do a better job than you at movement in the game.

PS: I exclusively play bikini norns

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

It could probably just be done by somehow attaching the respective Mech arms to the character. Either floating like Virtuoso or as a weapon like a kit.

I'm not sure I like the idea, though. I see how the pet AI can be bothersome. But a Mechanist just happens to be a pet spec. Getting rid of it, feels weird. However, could be an interesting option for underwater.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Kaks.8590 said:

The "merge" effect can be something subtle. It's not like you turn in to manbearpig when you merge on soulbeast. Im also surprised that this is where you draw the line in a fantasy game.

Im also sorry to hear that the in game totally not janky AI is able to do a better job than you at movement in the game.

PS: I exclusively play bikini norns

Well, random petty insult aside, it's a pet spec centered strictly around the pet and it's live despite the collective warnings of many engineers about the pet AI so you'll have to deal with it. If you wanted to squeeze some additional utility and control out of it you could ask for ground targeting and fixed positions for the mech to allow for more potential flexibility in content.

• Like 1

On the survivability issues, I feel they should do what any other game does and make pets and summons take like 95% reduced AoE and Condi damage. Maybe implement a trait where engineer autos could be used to heal the robot?  

Edited by Rocker.2906
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, ShadowLurker.8713 said:

Yes, I'd love an armor the player can get into like how Taimi does it, especially in pvp. I want to RP my titanfall fantasy!

There's an Asura elite skill for that. Keep it away from Mechanist lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They can do it now though, and not need to be locked behind a new expac

Every time we do re-call mech for repairs, some of the jade golem's weaponry or armor will be merged to us like an exoskeleton, and then we get new F skill sets
would be dope since Jade mech got 3 different weapon so we get different things for it DPS, CC, Ranged DPS (Blade, Fist and Gun)

-Single Edge Cutters would be ofc melee Condi exoskeleton blades, Discharnge Array can also be an exo skeleton armor that emits condi dmg, J-Drive would be mini missile launchers in both left and right shoulders
-Explosive fist would be flying knuckles that follows us and gives utility DPS, Crisis Zone can be shield, and Barrier Burst would be an exoskeleton armor
-Spark Revolver can merge to whatever weapon we use and deal physical dmg, Core Reactor Reactor shot gives armor that pulses debuff, and Jade mortar would be a mini mortar on our shoulder

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Tofu.1865 said:

Every time we do re-call mech for repairs, some of the jade golem's weaponry or armor will be merged to us like an exoskeleton, and then we get new F skill sets
would be dope since Jade mech got 3 different weapon so we get different things for it DPS, CC, Ranged DPS (Blade, Fist and Gun)

Wow, I love this idea! Would definitely make me actually play mech. Losing toolbelt skills when the mech is on cooldown feels really bad. Having mech/trait based toolbelt skills while the mech is on cooldown would be so awesome.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1