October 8 Balance Update Preview

Joie.6084

On 9/21/2024 at 11:33 PM, Shaogin.2679 said:

If you want to unlock bag slots, equipment tabs, and build tabs on an alt, it will run you 8,900 Gems

If you do it the most absurdly awful way, sure, it might cost you a lot of gold (because if you're doing this with bought gems ...), but if you dont do it that way, it comes nowhere close to that cost. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Barraind.7324 said:

If you do it the most absurdly awful way, sure, it might cost you a lot of gold (because if you're doing this with bought gems ...), but if you dont do it that way, it comes nowhere close to that cost. 

Can you clarify at all on what the "awful way" and "good way" are?

59 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Can you clarify at all on what the "awful way" and "good way" are?

Use the Wizard's Vault for some equipment or build templates. Also instead of focusing on templates for the traits of each character you can save them as a build in the build storage and access them easily from there. Overall investing into that might be cheaper than unlocking the build templates of every character, especially since you usually don't have many builds for a single (elite)specialization. Many times it is just switching some utility skills and/or one trait when staying in the same specialization, that takes a few seconds and doesn't need a template for itself.

Another option would be to invest into some legendary gear for easy stat swapping. With armor for example reduces that the needed equipment templates theoretically to 1. 

I don't know what exactly the person you quoted was referring to but I hope my examples help you to spend less gems for your desired outcome.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Terrorangel.1526 said:

Use the Wizard's Vault for some equipment or build templates. Also instead of focusing on templates for the traits of each character you can save them as a build in the build storage and access them easily from there. Overall investing into that might be cheaper than unlocking the build templates of every character, especially since you usually don't have many builds for a single (elite)specialization. Many times it is just switching some utility skills and/or one trait when staying in the same specialization, that takes a few seconds and doesn't need a template for itself.

Another option would be to invest into some legendary gear for easy stat swapping. With armor for example reduces that the needed equipment templates theoretically to 1. 

I don't know what exactly the person you quoted was referring to but I hope my examples help you to spend less gems for your desired outcome.

Oh I'm well aware of all of that, even mentioned the Wizard's Vault in my first post. Though let's be real, Wizard's Vault is like 2 tabs or so every 3 months, which will be even less useful if you are making multiple alts. I also have legendary armor and all my builds are saved in my Build Storage as well. Each class has access to quite a number of builds across various game modes. I have an equipment tab and build tab for each thing I want to do, such as PvE Power, PvE Condi, PvE Support, OW Power, so on and so on. It allows to me to quickly switch and adapt to the situation. The post that started all this wanted to be able to switch classes like in FFXIV, so that when the build they play becomes destroyed by nerfs, they could swap to something else I assume. And of course the response was, "Just play alts, this game is perfect for alts." So my comment was just a bit of devil's advocate for the one part of this game that is horrible for alts, if that kind of thing matters to the player of course. 

Edited by Shaogin.2679
  • Like 1

BoonDPS / SupportDPS

Recently, we tried to combine 2 BoonDPS classes in 1 subgroup for faster clears, but oh boi is it a monumental task. Outside of might, fury, quick and alac, we are missing boons like swiftness, regen, protection or resolution (I’ve heard myths about vigor). If it’s not Herald + InsertAlacritySpecHere = Boons, then It’s difficult to find and combine classes this way. For example willbender has swiftness, but doesn’t share it, scourge or chrono straight don’t have it (as part of spec or rotation). Where alacdps druid doesn’t exist, people say “meh” to alacrity mechanist. Specter provides 10 stacks of might and quickness berserker + alacrity renegade simply does not work. I’m not saying to have everything everywhere, but let us combine classes and overlap boons like might, fury, protection, regen and swiftness.

Firebrand mess

Fb has a lot of “hidden” unclear mechanics that can be confusing. Mantra radius for example is 180, but hey we got a new trait update Liberator’s Vow making it 360, but it’s oooonly on healing mantra, rest of the mantras are 180 (at least mouseover says that). Yes, we got wider cones for easier quickness application, however there is a bunch of “selfish” quickness that is not shared with the group (Swift Scholar). Gain a quickness when you equip tome, which is around 5 seconds per tome on celestial + Feel My Wrath (5 seconds for group but double for guardian), we are talking 25 seconds on firebrand while 5 seconds on group. No wonder firebrands drop quickness in runs, because they still have it.

DPS?

How far is it going to be? 50k soon? Are we going to power creep everything? With Return to PoF was difficult to get to bounty before it died, even legendary, and not with a full squad! I think dmg is going way too far.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2024 at 3:05 PM, itspomf.9523 said:

Real glad for Warriors that they're getting 4% of all strike damage to healing (as opposed to just crits) with an off-hand dagger and Sun and Moon Style (a Master trait), but what about Thief having to take a Grandmaster trait, Invigorating Precision, to still only get 4% of critical damage to healing, and at best 6% with fury?

Seems a bit unfair by comparison.

I mean i make a change i get the stealth and you get the healing.