Vinewrath chest not opening

Hello,

Hope someone can help.

On the past three occasions of completing the Silverwastes meta, the Vinewrath Chest (the giant one) won't open for me. It doesn't give me the opportunity to interact with it. The bandit chests located next to it work fine.

• I have 79 keys of greater nightmares (in the bank). Not in my inventory though. Could this be the cause? Pretty sure this is irrelevant
  • I have Leader of the Pact III and have set auto-loot on. Could this be the cause
  • I have been in the meta from start to finish but it still won't open.
  • After about three minutes, the chest itself just de-pops entirely.

I'm confused. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Flatley.1620 said:

Hello,

Hope someone can help.

On the past three occasions of completing the Silverwastes meta, the Vinewrath Chest (the giant one) won't open for me. It doesn't give me the opportunity to interact with it. The bandit chests located next to it work fine.

• I have 79 keys of greater nightmares (in the bank). Not in my inventory though. Could this be the cause? Pretty sure this is irrelevant
  • I have Leader of the Pact III and have set auto-loot on. Could this be the cause
  • I have been in the meta from start to finish but it still won't open.
  • After about three minutes, the chest itself just de-pops entirely.

I'm confused. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

The chest work with autoloot, as far as I remember the range is also rather wide (down to the bottom of each lane?). So you would have to watch your loot, to know, if the chest really doesn't work (assumed you have unlocked and activated autolooot).

• Like 3

Several chests don't visibly open if you're using autoloot. As @Schimmi.6872 said you need to watch your loot notifications to be certain you have (or haven't) got it. The Key of Greater Nightmares is a good item to look out for, because it's guarenteed and only comes from a few specific places, none of which will coincide with finishing the meta, so if you see one of them going into your inventory when the chest spawns you know you've looted it.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

This chest is inconsistent for me. Sometimes it is available to be manually looted and other times not.

Autoloot has a range. That's the reason why, for example, Gerent chest usually needs to be opened manually - it's simply too far from the first kill attempt locations (and most of the time Gerent does not live long enough to get to second, or third location).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1