Wardrobe unlock selection

We have mount adoption licenses which can give random mount skins and also those that let us choose which one we want, could we get the same for the wardrobe unlock? I think it would sell well since gemstore skins aren't always in gemstore. This way someone who wants a specific skin which isn't obtainable at the moment could pay extra to have it right now and the game would profit from it. Maybe even add this selection for wizard vault refresh for 1000AC since unlike the normal wardrobe unlock a selection wouldn't be more valuable to veteran players who have more skins.

Edited by andreiblue.8231
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

Yup, but having the selection of the guaranteed wardrobe unlock

But if it's for gem shop skins that currently aren't available like your first post says, the selection of the vouchers would usually be enough. There may be some few historical skins in it, but the other thousands are always available.

Also if you make the gem skins available all the time, this item will propably be around 800gems+, so how many non gem-shop items from the unlocker are even worth that much (currently 330g+) .

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

But if it's for gem shop skins that currently aren't available like your first post says, the selection of the vouchers would usually be enough. There may be some few historical skins in it, but the other thousands are always available.

Also if you make the gem skins available all the time, this item will propably be around 800gems+, so how many non gem-shop items from the unlocker are even worth that much (currently 330g+) .

There are some skins which have no source other than the trading post because some people still have them and others completely unobtainable from anything other than the wardrobe unlock. Also there are some skins which are worth much more such as mirage or other phantasm weapons which cost a few hundred gold and would be cheaper to buy from the gemstore with a wardrobe skin selection. And it woulf also ensure that no skin of exotic rarity or under is overpriced on the tp. Besides having it in the gemstore is another source of income since a lot of impatient people would buy it to get a specific skin.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

We have mount adoption licenses which can give random mount skins and also those that let us choose which one we want, could we get the same for the wardrobe unlock? I think it would sell well since gemstore skins aren't always in gemstore. This way someone who wants a specific skin which isn't obtainable at the moment could pay extra to have it right now and the game would profit from it. Maybe even add this selection for wizard vault refresh for 1000AC since unlike the normal wardrobe unlock a selection wouldn't be more valuable to veteran players who have more skins.

This would have to be an item specific to gemstore skins then, since wardrobe unlocks contain skins from all sources, not just the gemstore. And as others have already pointed out, some of those skins cost a lot on the TP because of rarity so this shouldn't be a cheaper way to obtain them.

The item would also have to cost at least as much as the gemstore skin itself, or there'd be no use in bringing said skins back to the gemstore in the first place. In fact, if this wardrobe unlock would be available all year round there's no point in periodically bringing any of the gemstore skins back at all.

As a comparison to mount skins: a random license costs 400 gems and a select license costs 1,200 gems. Wardrobe unlocks cost 15 Black Lion statuettes, so a select wardrobe unlock would have to cost 45 statuettes in comparison. And armor and weapon unlocks cost 30 statuettes, so 90 for select armor and weapon unlocks? Sounds fair, right?

As an example: the light armor version of the Deathly Mantle skin costs nearly 4,000 gold on the gemstore. I think it's one of the most expensive armor pieces in the game right now. So a gemstore wardrobe unlock that contains this option should cost an amount of gems at least as much as the equivalent of 4,000 gold. With the current conversion rate that would mean a gemstore item costing 9,500 gems. I'm sure you agree with that, right?

Unless this isn't a "I want more access options to these skins" request but a "I want these skins cheaper" request. 🤔

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

This would have to be an item specific to gemstore skins then, since wardrobe unlocks contain skins from all sources, not just the gemstore. And as others have already pointed out, some of those skins cost a lot on the TP because of rarity so this shouldn't be a cheaper way to obtain them.

The item would also have to cost at least as much as the gemstore skin itself, or there'd be no use in bringing said skins back to the gemstore in the first place. In fact, if this wardrobe unlock would be available all year round there's no point in periodically bringing any of the gemstore skins back at all.

As a comparison to mount skins: a random license costs 400 gems and a select license costs 1,200 gems. Wardrobe unlocks cost 15 Black Lion statuettes, so a select wardrobe unlock would have to cost 45 statuettes in comparison. And armor and weapon unlocks cost 30 statuettes, so 90 for select armor and weapon unlocks? Sounds fair, right?

As an example: the light armor version of the Deathly Mantle skin costs nearly 4,000 gold on the gemstore. I think it's one of the most expensive armor pieces in the game right now. So a gemstore wardrobe unlock that contains this option should cost an amount of gems at least as much as the equivalent of 4,000 gold. With the current conversion rate that would mean a gemstore item costing 9,500 gems. I'm sure you agree with that, right?

Unless this isn't a "I want more access options to these skins" request but a "I want these skins cheaper" request. 🤔

Because of rarity? Oh please, it's because they cant be obtain anymore. If the new way to be obtained is the gemstore then Anet would profit from it.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Also everything you said is nonsense because the mount adoption licenses don't allow you to get any of all the mount skins, but from a selection.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Also kitten your last response, my request is make these skins available cuz right now over 50% of skins are simply not obtainable in any other way than playing the guaranteed wardrobe unlock lottery.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 4

Paying for a roll from a pool of stuff you're not interested in for a small chance to get the thing you want is a putrid idea in gaming, curse the people that started putting that in games, triple curse the customers that fell for it and made it a ridiculous profitable business because they have zero self control.

Customers are the ones that ultimately make an idea thrive or fail, a few years ago Ubisoft was all in on NFTs in gaming, but since the customer rejected it on mass, they had to drop it.

Reject loot boxes, and they'll go away.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

Paying for a roll from a pool of stuff you're not interested in for a small chance to get the thing you want is a putrid idea in gaming, curse the people that started putting that in games, triple curse the customers that fell for it and made it a ridiculous profitable business because they have zero self control.

Customers are the ones that ultimately make an idea thrive or fail, a few years ago Ubisoft was all in on NFTs in gaming, but since the customer rejected it on mass, they had to drop it.

Yup, also I think Anet would profit a lot from such an item in the gemstore since a lot of people would buy to get a skin that hasn't been available in years. People complaining here are just worried that the skins that they made when the game launched and which don't have a source anymore would lose value.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

And curse the authorities for not forbidding it. At the least, games with lootboxes should automatically be 18+. It would deter companies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

Yup, also I think Anet would profit a lot from such an item in the gemstore since a lot of people would buy to get a skin that hasn't been available in years. People complaining here are just worried that the skins that they made when the game launched and which don't have a source anymore would lose value.

I couldn't care less about the value of the items I have. Their value only matters as long as I haven't bought them. As soon as I have and can't sell them anymore because I've unlocked the skin in the wardrobe, value becomes inconsequential. From that moment on it's just a pretty skin that I can use whenever I want, whether it was 4G or 4,000G.

Also, couldn't you just reply in 1 message? Did it have to be 3? Made me think of an angry person who comes back into the room 3 times because they thought of something else to say. 🤣

• Like 2

On 9/22/2024 at 6:06 PM, Liewec.2896 said:

if this was ever added it would need to be CRAZY expensive because there are some incredibly rare skins and also skins that take a lot of work to unlock

So it'd be just for those super rare skins then because anything less wouldn't be worth the CRAZY costs.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

Have you checked how many skins fit to this description? I only ckecked the list rather quickly, but I think there are currently only four weapon / armor skins which are part of the unlocker, tradable, have a price over 300g  and currently no other source.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

I couldn't care less about the value of the items I have. Their value only matters as long as I haven't bought them. As soon as I have and can't sell them anymore because I've unlocked the skin in the wardrobe, value becomes inconsequential. From that moment on it's just a pretty skin that I can use whenever I want, whether it was 4G or 4,000G.

Also, couldn't you just reply in 1 message? Did it have to be 3? Made me think of an angry person who comes back into the room 3 times because they thought of something else to say. 🤣

I usually reply in multiple messages if I reply to a long text.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Lucy.3728 said:

So it'd be just for those super rare skins then because anything less wouldn't be worth the CRAZY costs.

What crazy cost? No skin should be worth more than 1500 gems tops. Excluding legendaries here because those have some special effects that require extra effort from the devs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

No skin should be worth more than 1500 gems tops..

So, you have working knowledge of Anet's financial picture and budget and know what price point is going to yield the most ROI?

Besides, skins are purely optional and in no way are required to complete any content in the game.  You don't need to spend any gems at all.

Edited by kharmin.7683
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

So, you have working knowledge of Anet's financial picture and budget and know what price point is going to yield the most ROI?

Besides, skins are purely optional and in no way are required to complete any content in the game.  You don't need to spend any gems at all.

Tell me exactly how skins like the deathly mantle or the ghostly shield earn them money.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2