Does Arena Net use AI?

Knighthonor.4061

I been seeing some ways AI helps improve gane development.  Not just the Automated AI chat. But seen systems that help armors gets remodeled to fit different races. I believe WoW uses this. But such tech could really help make Guild Wars 2 better in theory.  Imagine a New playable race, with AI doing most of the heavy work to reskin armor models to fit the new playable race. Stuff like that. 

• Confused 13

I strongly suspect ANet used AI for the German localized version.
No human with even half a brain could invent such ridiculous nonsense translations.
And no human, not even the meanest psychopath in history, could be so cruel as to to select the German synchron voices.
This must be one of the evil AIs they're warning us of! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Mongori.9467 said:

I strongly suspect ANet used AI for the German localized version.
No human with even half a brain could invent such ridiculous nonsense translations.

You should see some localizations from Japanese to English... and the people that do that laugh and confirm 100% they alter and change the original work on purpose.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Pioneers take the arrows, settlers take the land

Most dev shops will shy away from using the "latest, greatest, cutting edge" tools until it has matured and allow others to deal with finding and fixing the many bugs and other unintended, unwanted results and problems that come from an immature technology.  When the smoke clears, the businesses that waited can then then hire those experienced people to their own dev shops.  Even in the "safe" area of enhancing art, results from AI are often far from desirable.  Take a photo, crop a chunk of it out, ask AI to extrapolate the cropped photo and then compare the AI-enhanced photo to the uncropped original: results are usually hilarious.

Its also important to understand that the latest AI aren't all that different from the AI models they replaced: they still rely on massive, existing databases of info to guide the AI algorithm.  In order to have a game dev successful AI, you need a massive database of game dev applicable facts for it to use.  It's probably way too soon for those databases to be generated.

• Like 2