Land Spear use in PvE is over

Pax.3548

After the severe nerf the warrior land spear suffered, I'm not satisfied with its current performance on regular PvE content (Talking about exploring, doing dailies, etc). I'm switching out this weapon and the land spear goes to the shelve, fond of the very small time I got to enjoy it since it got out... sigh I really didn't expect Anet to nerf the weapon so much on PvE, who are we harming there?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Pax.3548 said:

After the severe nerf the warrior land spear suffered, I'm not satisfied with its current performance on regular PvE content (Talking about exploring, doing dailies, etc). I'm switching out this weapon and the land spear goes to the shelve, fond of the very small time I got to enjoy it since it got out... sigh I really didn't expect Anet to nerf the weapon so much on PvE, who are we harming there?

They hate warrior that much is obvious

• Thanks 7
  • Confused 5

The people are overreacting spear nerf. But they reacting wrong thing. 

Warrior spear needed nerf, 46k bench for a ranged weapon is too much. Everyone knows that. 

The problem is there are many builds need nerf. 
1- Power Tempest. 46k bench with ranged weapon and very easy build to play. It is miracle that stayed too long without touch.

2- Power Virtuoso. That is insane anet left mesmer spear without nerf in this balance patch. 

3- Elementalist Spear. Power Catalyst deals 47k. But noone can play it because of its spear animations. In the end, ele spear needs nerf + rework animations. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Warrior spear needed nerf, 46k bench for a ranged weapon is too much. Everyone knows that. 

1- Power Tempest. 46k bench with ranged weapon and very easy build to play. It is miracle that stayed too long without touch.

2- Power Virtuoso. That is insane anet left mesmer spear without nerf in this balance patch. 

3- Elementalist Spear. Power Catalyst deals 47k. But noone can play it because of its spear animations. In the end, ele spear needs nerf + rework animations. 

That bench received 30% of it's damage from spamming decapitate alone, don't act like spear carried the bench when it didn't.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That bench received 30% of it's damage from spamming decapitate alone, don't act like spear carried the bench when it didn't.

I know that. Anet looks total bench. Now spear-axe/axe is about 43+. This is not bad benchmark. Spb is not bad too. Now hammer-d/mace is meta. My first problem about warrior is Bladesworn. Its bench is good too but playstyle limits many things. “Overcharged Cartridges” needs to be instant cast at first charge. I believe that would solve many problems about it. My 2nd problem is Condi Berserker. It is too weak. Got nerfed from 46k to 42k last year. Even it was dealing 46k bench, noone was playing, noone asked for nerf and nothing changed, still noone is playing. Anet should ask theirselves why warrior doesn’t have proper condi build. 

Edited by Suyheuti.1732
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

16 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

They probably didn't nerf it based on overal benchmark values of meta builds, but based on how easy and efficient camping spear itself was.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Berserker never was a ranged build, if you try to play it ranged you'd be lucky to pull 30kdps with abysmal berserk uptime to boot.

• Like 7

On 10/10/2024 at 4:06 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

They probably didn't nerf it based on overal benchmark values of meta builds, but based on how easy and efficient camping spear itself was.

Its almost like ranged damage for any kind of content is just blatantly better in the current version of the game.

Getting into melee in PvP/WvW without access to a disgusting level of defensives/stab is tantamount to suicide.

Really, try to get into melee with a Reaper, Virt, Willbender or (Please god no) a condi SB as anything but a Condi Zerk or SPB.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Its almost like ranged damage for any kind of content is just blatantly better in the current version of the game.

it was the other way around for a while. kinda weird it has to be one or the other tho. 

7 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Getting into melee in PvP/WvW without access to a disgusting level of defensives/stab is tantamount to suicide.

Really, try to get into melee with a Reaper, Virt, Willbender or (Please god no) a condi SB as anything but a Condi Zerk or SPB.

Except the post I responded to, my post and this thread in general are about a pve nerf.

I'm not sure how any of what you wrote responds to what you quoted.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Except the post I responded to, my post and this thread in general are about a pve nerf.

I'm not sure how any of what you wrote responds to what you quoted.

I was basing my statement on why Spear was camped quite heavily.

Also didnt intend for it to come across as hostile, apologies if it did.

17 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

I was basing my statement on why Spear was camped quite heavily.

Also didnt intend for it to come across as hostile, apologies if it did.

No worries, it didn't. Simply pointed out it's not about pvp, wvw, willbenders, reapers and all that.