Willbender DPS output really needs to be taken care of and Necro just needs full class nerfing

Lets introduce 2 broken weapons to make sup chrono op, in particular spear with mega low cds on high impact skills, then nerf continuum split cd to compensate.  Makes totally sense! Not that spear and rifle and some other stuff on sup chrono does not need nerf but this is just nonsense.

Anet with their usually bias against mesmers. Every other build and every other classes spear/ weapon which  was/ still is just as broken as mesmers does not get "BUG FIXED".

Signet of Illusion is still an issue, half cd reduction on shatters for half cd of the signet is not enough to solve the problems with it in PvP (overall the cd reduction on shatters is not that much reduced that way, since you almost only have half the waiting time to use the signet again, you just need to invest more often to cover the cast of the signet). Signet needs a different mechanic. Shatters should not have such powerful ways of cd reduction. And 50% instead 100% shatter reset makes the signet mechanic even less tactical since you cannot use it anymore to refresh shatters when you know you will actually need them soon, but mow just spam the signet when you have enough shatters on cd to worth it. Brainoff spam of shatters and signet now. Anet rly knows how to reduce skill ceiling in the process of nerfing. 

Edited by Pretty Sirius.2374
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Pretty Sirius.2374 said:

Lets introduce 2 broken weapons to make sup chrono op, in particular spear with mega low cds on high impact skills, then nerf continuum split cd to compensate.  Makes totally sense! Not that spear and rifle and some other stuff on sup chrono does not need nerf but this is just nonsense.

Personally I would not have done the lazy thing and increased it‘s cd, since that will either do nothing or make it unusable. There is no sweet spot in between if you do it via cd. However, addressing CS was kind of overdue. What they could have done is something like signet of illusions nerf were it doesn’t recharge skills 100%, or limit which skills are recharged (for example only weapon skills). Either way, the point is CS has always been unhealthy for competitive and will prevent Mesmer from getting nice things because it’s gonna make chrono busted again.

24 minutes ago, Pretty Sirius.2374 said:

Anet with their usually bias against mesmers. Every other build and every other classes spear/ weapon which is just as broken as mesmers does not get "BUG FIXED".

Not actually true, warrior spear was nuked first and guardian spear has also been nerfed recently.

26 minutes ago, Pretty Sirius.2374 said:

Signet of Illusion is still an issue, half cd reduction on shatters for half cd of the signet is not enough to solve the problems with it in PvP (overall the cd reduction on shatters is not that much reduced that way, since you almost only have half the waiting time to use the signet again, you just need to invest more often to cover the cast of the signet). Signet needs a different mechanic. Shatters should not have such powerful ways of cd reduction. And 50% instead 100% shatter reset makes the signet mechanic even less tactical since you cannot use it anymore to refresh shatters when you know you will actually need them soon, but mow just spam the signet when you have enough shatters on cd to worth it. Brainoff spam of shatters and signet now. Anet rly knows how to reduce skill ceiling in the process of nerfing. 

That's an interessting take given that you just argued against CS nerfs, despite it being a better version of signet of illusions. To be honest I think this might be a decent change, because as you point out it's not really a nerf and more a shift in playstyle. The one thing is does and maybe should do is that you can't spam distortion twice in a row.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ascii.1369 said:

Personally I would not have done the lazy thing and increased it‘s cd, since that will either do nothing or make it unusable. There is no sweet spot in between if you do it via cd. However, addressing CS was kind of overdue. What they could have done is something like signet of illusions nerf were it doesn’t recharge skills 100%, or limit which skills are recharged (for example only weapon skills). Either way, the point is CS has always been unhealthy for competitive and will prevent Mesmer from getting nice things because it’s gonna make chrono busted again.

I think inspi and chaos among other things are more a reason than cs, that mesmer cannot have good stuff. Becasue the moment you buff skillful power builds you always give braindead semibunker/ bunker and condi builds some buffs too and they become a problem. There is a reason why every problematic build outside of virt in gw2 history always had at least inspi or chaos, most even both lines included. And that remains over all reworks, changes and buff/ nerfs happened in the last years to those traitlines.

Not actually true, warrior spear was nuked first and guardian spear has also been nerfed recently.

Nuked? Dunno have you met a guard with spear lately? xD

That's an interessting take given that you just argued against CS nerfs, despite it being a better version of signet of illusions. To be honest I think this might be a decent change, because as you point out it's not really a nerf and more a shift in playstyle. The one thing is does and maybe should do is that you can't spam distortion twice in a row.

CS is pretty different in the way you have to play to get the cd reset. Its way more active, way more reactive and has a way higher skill ceiling to be rewarding than just press a button and the cds are reset. CS coming with some balance issues, i give you that, but making the cd so high that it becomes irrelevant for most of the time of a match is stupid. Better make cs not reset elites for example.  Or/ and make it more important to really have clones up to get good cs value instead this no clone cs - spam all instant kitten- oneshot crap. 

Spamming dist twice in a row while havign a big cast in between is for me clearly more interactive/ reactive playstyle than having overall way shorter cd on f4 to spam it more often.

Edited by Pretty Sirius.2374
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Pretty Sirius.2374 said:

CS coming with some balance issues, i give you that, but making the cd so high that it becomes irrelevant for most of the time of a match is stupid. Better make cs not reset elites for example.  Or/ and make it more important to really have clones up to get good cs value instead this no clone cs - spam all instant kitten- oneshot crap. 

Yeah, I think we agree. Whatever the actual solution, the cd adjustment was stupid and lazy.

56 minutes ago, Pretty Sirius.2374 said:

Anet with their usually bias against mesmers. Every other build and every other classes spear/ weapon which is just as broken as mesmers does not get "BUG FIXED".

At least you guys got to play with your spear for a full month past the two week learning period, you even got to figure out the gameplay before you got some nerfs.

10 minutes ago, Pretty Sirius.2374 said:

Guardians got a slap on the wrist at best, solar storm in combo with Willbender takes another 0,5 seconds to 100-0 through downstate now, thats all that ANET can spare for Guardians.

Its so blatantly overtuned that im not even mad, its gone from:
confusing --> comedic --> anger inducing --> disgusting --> confusing again --> surreally comedic

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Pretty Sirius.2374 said:

Not that the mechanic of spears is that deep that you need a full month to learn it xD

No, but it usually takes about two weeks for the community to figure out functionality, synergies, if it replaces already existing weapons, etc...

It takes longer then expected to find fully fleshed out interaction in a profession.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

See, Trevor's pleas were heard after all, they just nerfed Mesmer DPS output as he asked.

..Something else written in the title you say? Nah I don't see anything else what are you on about

Yeah, no idea why Willbender was entirely left alone. They could have taken the time to toss some shaves.

Even before Necro, Willbender is incredibly offensive to the player base for so many reasons.

I'll tell you what though, I'm seeing some nasty questionable Herald builds showing up all of a sudden. These builds could be described as: "It's a herald dps burst but somehow also near spellbreaker quality sustain". Not so sure I'd point and call it OP yet, but we'll see in a couple weeks.

Arenanet needs to seriously draw waaaaay back on the buffing. They just need to STOP and focus on balance for awhile. This is arguably the worst state of balance we've ever seen actually.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

• Trevor Boyer.6524 changed the title to Willbender DPS output really needs to be taken care of and Necro just needs full class nerfing
On 10/22/2024 at 1:35 PM, ascii.1369 said:

This is something people only say when Chrono happens to be the best Mesmer spec in PvP. Please remember that For YEARS Mirage was way stronger than Chronomancer.

CS has not "always been unhealthy", it has always been fun, interesting, and skillful, however

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Confused 1

On 10/22/2024 at 1:51 PM, Pretty Sirius.2374 said:

I think inspi and chaos among other things are more a reason than cs, that mesmer cannot have good stuff. Becasue the moment you buff skillful power builds you always give braindead semibunker/ bunker and condi builds some buffs too and they become a problem. There is a reason why every problematic build outside of virt in gw2 history always had at least inspi or chaos, most even both lines included. And that remains over all reworks, changes and buff/ nerfs happened in the last years to those traitlines.

CS is pretty different in the way you have to play to get the cd reset. Its way more active, way more reactive and has a way higher skill ceiling to be rewarding than just press a button and the cds are reset. CS coming with some balance issues, i give you that, but making the cd so high that it becomes irrelevant for most of the time of a match is stupid. Better make cs not reset elites for example.  Or/ and make it more important to really have clones up to get good cs value instead this no clone cs - spam all instant kitten- oneshot crap. 

Spamming dist twice in a row while havign a big cast in between is for me clearly more interactive/ reactive playstyle than having overall way shorter cd on f4 to spam it more often.

Absolutely right

Last game 4x WBs, game before had 3.

It is hard enough to kite out the constant slew of DPS/mobility in a 1v1 with an instant death for 1 mistake (not that you can return the favour ofc). But then, a WB jumping you in a group fight through walls, covered by every defensive boon needed to ensure you can't do fk all to counter pressure.. so if you can't instantly block/dodge, you die. Peak game play anet, absolute peak.

What is the skill in willbender? What defines it? I know for herald, it is picking your jumps carefully as to not land in a mess of aoe cc/cleave/condi. What does WB have to consider, with its boon bloated jumps into an enemy group?

Is the skill in playing willbender, convinving yourself its risky game play that remotely justifies the damage output?

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Last game 4x WBs, game before had 3.

It is hard enough to kite out the constant slew of DPS/mobility in a 1v1 with an instant death for 1 mistake (not that you can return the favour ofc). But then, a WB jumping you in a group fight through walls, covered by every defensive boon needed to ensure you can't do fk all to counter pressure.. so if you can't instantly block/dodge, you die. Peak game play anet, absolute peak.

What is the skill in willbender? What defines it? I know for herald, it is picking your jumps carefully as to not land in a mess of aoe cc/cleave/condi. What does WB have to consider, with its boon bloated jumps into an enemy group?

Is the skill in playing willbender, convinving yourself its risky game play that remotely justifies the damage output?

needs to lose dps or lose mobility or lose a big stability one of those three

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Asuran.5469 said:

needs to lose dps or lose mobility or lose a big stability one of those three

It needs to be in line with herald/vindi, where you can CC it to counter pressure. But at the same time, power ele will also need some attention, double arcane+stab will be just as broken if that spec takes off. There is nothing ok about specs that can jump with very little chance of counter play within the first 10 seconds. Honestly, give me vindi meta over this any day.. I could still at-least well time a CC on a p2 vindi to reduce the pressure.. I can't even reduce pressure of a g2 WB atm, just block/run for your life and hope your team kills it before you die? Spear mesmer has much the same oppression <just run> and don't count on blocks to save you.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/23/2024 at 4:37 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Mesmer was taken care of.

Willbender still needs to loss DPS or mobility, maybe a bit of both.

Necro needs a full class wide -25% damage and -25% sustain, and also extra CD timers on its mobility skills.

U only need to get rid of the p 3 cc and co di reaper wont have a chain, it will force elite to not be wasted on the chain and be used more tacticly. And t 5 only into ds to get a pump. It will add more skill to useing each skill over old scholl ele style just chain this with that to get this and that. Nerfing dps is what they always do because they dont know what they talki g about that makes a build op. It always just comes down to taking 1 domino out to stop the combo