one hit wonders

trunks.5249

this is the second time i have bumped into this mesmer. i would run to a point then out of nowhere she can kill in one shot boom 24k hp gone. i have never seen her actually pvp she would never be by a point because she would die in 2 hits. the first time i bumped into her when she downed me i was able to kill her quickly in my downed state. however this time she changed something on her build when she downed me this time i was stomped before i could throw even one rock. should it even be possible to one shot someone? hell even a thief no matter what build they have you at least have time to react and have some chance with a good thief but this just seems to be to stupid to even be able to do in pvp.

I'm not sure how the dom build does vs spellbreakers most of my mirage builds cant really kill one 1v1 condi or power and its not really good to play something that fails vs something so popular is how I feel.

Someone asks mesmer go home.. okay! here comes spellbreaker and you have to run and let him cap home. I don't like those types of situations, this is why I play firebrand because the mes build in meta right now I dont like as much as other mes builds and mes gave me carpal tunnel from using my mouse buttons so much.

You just need to dodge initial burst (which you can kind of see coming since you can see pink blink in the air before they attack), then they are toast. You can literary sneeze on them, they die.It can be ofc issue in big team fights but one kill doesn't win games, those mes don't bring much to the team unless they duoq at least and/or are top player.

@trunks.5249 said:this is the second time i have bumped into this mesmer. i would run to a point then out of nowhere she can kill in one shot boom 24k hp gone. i have never seen her actually pvp she would never be by a point because she would die in 2 hits. the first time i bumped into her when she downed me i was able to kill her quickly in my downed state. however this time she changed something on her build when she downed me this time i was stomped before i could throw even one rock. should it even be possible to one shot someone? hell even a thief no matter what build they have you at least have time to react and have some chance with a good thief but this just seems to be to stupid to even be able to do in pvp.

Cheese/CHēz/noun

Definition:

1. (See OP's comments above.)

I will never understand how are people complaining about Power Mes.I remember very clearly the time when I first met this type of Mesmer Build and got one-shoted, I asked the Guy right away how he did it and if he could show me how to do it myself. I have never ever got one-shoted by it ever since.

This might sound like an assumption but if you can get the 1 shot build to mess up the rotation and put them on the defense, they tend to fold very quickly. Seems like people who play those builds have their offensive rotations down pat but the defensive ones are a bit.... scrambled? Usually they'll bail and try again later.

While it can be annoying to die a 1 shot mes burst, it offers more counter play than say a condi mirage who will beat you through attrition and outmanoeuvre you.

@sephiroth.4217 said:This might sound like an assumption but if you can get the 1 shot build to mess up the rotation and put them on the defense, they tend to fold very quickly. Seems like people who play those builds have their offensive rotations down pat but the defensive ones are a bit.... scrambled? Usually they'll bail and try again later.

@sephiroth.4217 said:This might sound like an assumption but if you can get the 1 shot build to mess up the rotation and put them on the defense, they tend to fold very quickly. Seems like people who play those builds have their offensive rotations down pat but the defensive ones are a bit.... scrambled? Usually they'll bail and try again later.

i am not sure about that at least with this player there was no rotation for her. she had to hide behind things and hope you do not see her go into stealth because her one trick happens has soon has she comes out of stealth . the reason i say no rotation is because on most maps there is nothing to hide behind at most point locations. like one comment above said her build really doesn't bring anything to their team

@trunks.5249 said:

i am not sure about that at least with this player there was no rotation for her. she had to hide behind things and hope you do not see her go into stealth because her one trick happens has soon has she comes out of stealth . the reason i say no rotation is because on most maps there is nothing to hide behind at most point locations. like one comment above said her build really doesn't bring anything to their team

I was referring to her skill rotations.... Key element from what I can tell with these builds when using them and facing them is the element of surprise and making sure the full rotation of abilities land. If you can mess that up, you get yourself a window to bite back so to speak.

I'm a scrub player though, this works well for me vs the people I'm matched with and against. I can't speak for high tier play.

He's calling the action of one shotting a repeatable rotation from my understanding.

And when they miss it they blew all they got so they will probably get away to not die it makes sense.

With a pu power mes I can camp stealth long enough to heal and charge my powerspike at the same time on one stealth and then camp stealth before spiking again. So I dont run as often or die as often in many situations.

@"trunks.5249" said:this is the second time i have bumped into this mesmer. i would run to a point then out of nowhere she can kill in one shot boom 24k hp gone. i have never seen her actually pvp she would never be by a point because she would die in 2 hits. the first time i bumped into her when she downed me i was able to kill her quickly in my downed state. however this time she changed something on her build when she downed me this time i was stomped before i could throw even one rock. should it even be possible to one shot someone? hell even a thief no matter what build they have you at least have time to react and have some chance with a good thief but this just seems to be to stupid to even be able to do in pvp.

Minimizing the truth discredits everything you just said

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/19926/deadeye-is-totally-balanced-you-guys/p1https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/17875/aikijinx-1-shot-thief-daredevil-roaming-outnumbered-vol-6#latest

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"trunks.5249" said:this is the second time i have bumped into this mesmer. i would run to a point then out of nowhere she can kill in one shot boom 24k hp gone. i have never seen her actually pvp she would never be by a point because she would die in 2 hits. the first time i bumped into her when she downed me i was able to kill her quickly in my downed state. however this time she changed something on her build when she downed me this time i was stomped before i could throw even one rock. should it even be possible to one shot someone?
hell even a thief no matter what build they have you at least have time to react and have some chance with a good thief
but this just seems to be to stupid to even be able to do in pvp.

Both topics are about WvW, therefore irrelevant.

To the OP: a GS power mesmer can't oneshot you even with full zerk build in spvp. There are extraordinary circumstances where it can execute a combo of 3-4 skills to actually kill you if you are not using any defensive skills / dodge / etc (stacked up might, low total hp pool of yours, etc). Also it's a one trick pony, very very squishy outside of burst.

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:

@"trunks.5249" said:this is the second time i have bumped into this mesmer. i would run to a point then out of nowhere she can kill in one shot boom 24k hp gone. i have never seen her actually pvp she would never be by a point because she would die in 2 hits. the first time i bumped into her when she downed me i was able to kill her quickly in my downed state. however this time she changed something on her build when she downed me this time i was stomped before i could throw even one rock. should it even be possible to one shot someone?
hell even a thief no matter what build they have you at least have time to react and have some chance with a good thief

To the OP: a GS power mesmer can't oneshot you even with full zerk build in spvp. There are extraordinary circumstances where it can execute a combo of 3-4 skills to actually kill you if you are not using any defensive skills / dodge / etc (stacked up might, low total hp pool of yours, etc). Also it's a one trick pony, very very squishy outside of burst.

1 shot is not restrictive to wvw and yes, Mesmer can 1 shot at any given moment. You should know that by now.

By the way, why are you even separating pvp from wvw? Are there any real difference between them? Not really

You want mesmer pvp related? here is a video of a 1 shot mesmer posted 5 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZaXBMCznB4

@Burnfall.9573 said:

1 shot is not restrictive to wvw and yes, Mesmer can 1 shot at any given moment. You should know that by now.

By the way, why are you even separating pvp from wvw? Are there any real difference between them? Not reallyThen show me footage where a mesmer oneshots someone in 1v1 in spvp (and the enemy is not a 10k hp naked character)

edit: 5 years ago... really man.

Considering your second question: have you ever played both gamemodes? I guess not, because then you would not ask this question.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

By the way, why are you even separating pvp from wvw? Are there any real difference between them? Not really

in spvp you have limited max damage because of scaling everyone to be equal with different levels etc while on wvw you have no limits while wearing full ascended gear and then you can reach 2x more possible damage than on spvp while going glass cannon

Archived