Should liquid gold rewards be removed from PvP Mode ?

MarkoNS.3261

@NotoriousNaru.1705 said:Why don't you go cry in the WvW forums about them getting more rewards instead of coming here asking for the gold rewards to be removed. Seriously some people's lack of intellect blows my mind. WvW is a casual open field pve like game mode. You can also get maxed participation and afk and do one thing every 10mins, OR get a commander to give you shared participation and literally not even leave spawn and get max wvw rewards. Everything in pvp you have to do yourself, and the more you win the more you gain. WvW isn't like that its just a casual gamemode where everyone gets equal rewards because its open field pve. WvW is like a children's competition, everyone gets a shiny medal for participating and everyones a winner yay!!! ^-^

this is very cute you seem to think pvp takes skill to farm :) , you can lose every match on it, if you afk farm pvp for example and still get rewards from pips slower sure but you can still do it 0 effort you just need to move a bit. not to mention the classes arent ballanced and they wont allow true 1v1 so what is the point of trying anyway.

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:

@"MarkoNS.3261" said:in pvp you can grind out 100g per day in 5 or so hours in 5 hours in wvw you grind out decorations and maybe 5 gold if you are lucky how is this fair ?

Maximum daily coin rewards are limited for each account for each arena type:

Custom Arena — maximum 5 Gold coinUnranked Arena — maximum 15 Gold coinRanked Arena — maximum 15 Gold coin

Even with the pip rewards you won't ever reach 100g per day. You get 1g50s for a Byzantium repeatable chest.15 gold would be 50 ranked wins in a day, I doubt this limit exists

In WvW, enemies drop stuff. In PvP, they do not. The PvP requirements for legendary weapons can be ignored, since for some reason instead using a track like when you need a Gift of Battle from WvW, you can just buy the Gift of Glory with shards of glory. And they never updated legendary weapon recipes to require a Perfect Mist Core. So while you can't skip WvW to make a legendary weapon, you can skip PvP because you do not need to do a single thing in PvP to get a legendary weapon.

You can't change the difference in gold earnings without addressing also those other differences. Either you get 'enemy drops' at the end of PvP fights based on personal performance and legendary weapons start requiring Perfect Mist Cores, or you'll need that gold earning to attract more players.

TBH I don't think anyone should touch the liquid gold from pvp, because the only thing that matters to pvp'rs are skins. Removing the gold is pretty much a death sentence for pvp and I think that would make WvW worse because there can be a very healthy relationship between pvp and wvw.

ATM wvw is in a sorry state, I very much think better rewards in WVW is the best thing, and I would definitely start by reworking the dropped bags and event rewards, players need to feel rewarded for action not for afking. I know that roamers might throw a hissy, but really it only makes it better for roaming too.

Archived