Should liquid gold rewards be removed from PvP Mode ?

MarkoNS.3261

It is very simple anet claims pvp pve and wvw are legitimate and equal game modes, it makes no sense for one game mode to reward you more for game play your time spent investment then the other, it is like saying hey this game mode you are playing is not as good as this other one over here. in pvp you can grind out 100g per day in 5 or so hours in 5 hours in wvw you grind out decorations and maybe 5 gold if you are lucky how is this fair ?

@"MarkoNS.3261" said:in pvp you can grind out 100g per day in 5 or so hours in 5 hours in wvw you grind out decorations and maybe 5 gold if you are lucky how is this fair ?

Maximum daily coin rewards are limited for each account for each arena type:

Custom Arena — maximum 5 Gold coinUnranked Arena — maximum 15 Gold coinRanked Arena — maximum 15 Gold coin

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP#Reward_Tracks

Even with the pip rewards you won't ever reach 100g per day. You get 1g50s for a Byzantium repeatable chest.

I don't get you OP. I make decent gold in pvp during the season. Maybe not as much as with a good map farming groups but finding those also takes time. In pvp i can literary afk and still make money. I think liquid gold value from pvp is decent, the issue is lack of pvp specific rewards tied to wins.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:It is very simple anet claims pvp pve and wvw are legitimate and equal game modes, it makes no sense for one game mode to reward you more for game play your time spent investment then the other, it is like saying hey this game mode you are playing is not as good as this other one over here. in pvp you can grind out 100g per day in 5 or so hours in 5 hours in wvw you grind out decorations and maybe 5 gold if you are lucky how is this fair ?

100 gold in 5 hours? I stream 5 hours or so on average of PvP per stream. Im not making 100g per stream...

The info is incorrect. If youre top tier, maybe winning ATs throughout then MAYBE, but your information isnt correct Im afraid. Maybe during special events in reward tracks at a pinch for xmas gifts?

I don't think liquid gold rewards should be removed for spvp because it's a good incentive to keep playing and it's also a side profit from playing a lot. It works for spvp cause you get pips from playing games, more for winning and less for losing. I'm really against liquid gold rewards in WvW though because the pip system is very different in wvw than it is in spvp. The pip ticks are passive and you get more pips depending on your wvw rank and your server's current score and not to mention they have things like outnumbered. Adding liquid gold rewards to this kind of system, people are bound to exploit it. I don't want afk players earning passive gold and I think there are better solutions to better rewards in WvW but liquid gold is not one of them.

They should add equal and enticingly rewarding gold rewards for all modes to reward players for investing in the game at all. By this, I mean that the rewards offered for PvP should remain as they are but they should have equally appealing rewards for both WvW and PvE.

They could even group these rewards together on a mode-wide lockdown to help counter abuse, by this I mean you couldn't go through and get rewards from PvP, WvW, AND PvE one after the other after you've exhausted one reward line for the day/week/month, instead you'd just have to choose one line thus giving everyone an equal chance to earn an equal amount doing the mode that they love the most.

Or they could just add the gold rewards to all modes and allow players to play all the modes they want to and reward them appropriately regardless allowing players to do all three modes if they want and get all of the rewards from each mode.

Just some suggestions on how to implement it, regardless of how it's to be done, however, they absolutely need to add equal and enticing gold rewards to all modes, not just PvP.

And this is the problem with liquid rewards, they can't be balanced between modes of play.Instead, more unique/exclusives pvp rewards need to be added so there is no reason to be concerned about balance. Oh and these new rewards should use the Ascension system that requires at least some winning to succeed, and not the pip system that can be afk farmed.

@jebro.6370 said:

@"MarkoNS.3261" said:It is very simple anet claims pvp pve and wvw are legitimate and equal game modes, it makes no sense for one game mode to reward you more for game play your time spent investment then the other, it is like saying hey this game mode you are playing is not as good as this other one over here. in pvp you can grind out 100g per day in 5 or so hours in 5 hours in wvw you grind out decorations and maybe 5 gold if you are lucky how is this fair ?

100 gold in 5 hours? I stream 5 hours or so on average of PvP per stream. Im not making 100g per stream...

The info is incorrect. If youre top tier, maybe winning ATs throughout then MAYBE, but your information isnt correct Im afraid. Maybe during special events in reward tracks at a pinch for xmas gifts?

I don't know, I've seen that a lot of streamers tend to not make the same sort of gains as non-streamers because their attention tends to be split, even in high-focus situations as they don't want to completely ignore the people that could someday be or are currently paying their rent/food/etc. While some tend to do more poorly, most, if not all, tend to do things on "repeat" without fully realizing the activity they are doing stopped being as profitable as it once was or stopped being at all profitable.

While your opinion is certainly valid I feel that it should be considered with a "pinch of salt" as your experiences and views aren't particularly from the perspective of a standard player or even a player that can fully commit to making that sort of gold in the allotted amount of time because, as a streamer, you're an entertainer first and a gamer second. There are a lot of good or even great players, people don't come for your gameplay, they come for you and, at the end of the day, you have to consider that and divide your focus and do what is both fun for you and appears most entertaining to your fans.

A small calculation:

Chest Reward at Byzantium (Reapeatable):

Pips/game= Standard Pips + Topstat+ Division-PipsPips/game= (10+3)/2+ 1 + 2= 9,5 Pips/gameYou need 180 Pips for complete Byzantium. --> 18,9 games for complete ByzantiumOne Byzantium gives you 27,5Gold+ 180 Shards of Glory+ 6 Unidentified Dye --> 27,5 Gold+ 0,54 Gold + 1,29 Gold = 29,33 Gold --> 29,33 Gold/18,9 games= 1,55 Gold/game

Wintersday Reward Track:

You need 20000 Points for complete the Track.You get 700 Points for a win and lose 350 Points for lose. --> 20000/(700+350)=19 gamesYou get 170 Wintersday Gifts + 1 Generous Wintersday Gift (1 Ultimate Wintersday Gift)+ 32000 Karma+ 15 Shards of Glory= 9,13 + 6,46 Gold + 4,9 Gold(Karmic Converter/ Medium Karmic Crafting Bag) + 0,05 Gold= 20,54 Gold --> 20,54 Gold/19 Games=1,06 Gold/game

Standard Gold/ game:

You get for a ain 0,3 Gold+ 1500 PVP Rank Points and for a lose 0,15 Gold+ 500 PVP Rank Points--> 0,23Gold/game+ 1000 Rank PointsYou need 20000 Rank Points for a level up at Rank 80. So you need 20 games for a level up.1 Rank up at Rank gives you 5 Patchwork Knapsack. I dont know how much Gold gives you a Patchwork Knapsack. Ithink 1 Gold is to much, but i calculate with 1 Gold so i be save.-->0,23 Gold + 5Gold/20 Games= 0,48 Gold/game

Total:

The game duration + que time + 90s waiting for matchbeginning are maybe 15min, so i can do 4 game/hour.So you can get (1,55 Gold + 1,06 Gold + 0,48 Gold)*4 =12,36 Gold/hour

And if the Wintersday event end its fewer than now.

Or i have an mistake in it?

Or you can get more Gold in PVP than me? How many Gold can you get with with running a circle in PVE? Was it mybe 20 Gold/hour? But i dont know how many Gold you get in WVW. Maybe we have a WVW expert who can say it.

Maybe the WVW Gold is to low and not The PVP Gold to high.

@ChSch.1596 said:A smal calculation:

Pips/game= Standard Pips + Topstat+ Division-PipsPips/game= (10+3)/2+ 1 + 2= 9,5 Pips/gameYou need 180 Pips for complete Byzantium. --> 18,9 games for complete ByzantiumOne Byzantium gives you 27,5Gold+ 180 Shards of Glory+ 6 Unidentified Dye --> 27,5 Gold+ 0,54 Gold + 1,29 Gold = 29,33 Gold --> 29,33 Gold/18,9 games= 1,55 Gold/gameThat's only true for the first completion. Repeatable Byzantium is negligible reward

You can't compare WvW vs PVP.WvW is highly dependant on which realm you are playing, i have been playing this game since day 1 and have 14 lvl 80 characters and all of them on Underworld realm.This is one of the very low population realm that never did good in WvW. So why should i be penalized for choosing a realm at the time of my account creation that never got much population? Besides WvW is NOT SKILL based. Its kind of zerg running doing events and the realm which has more ppl online all the time or have a few guilds organized for wvw always do better.

In PVP there is no penalty. As a matter of fact a character decked in full legendary have no gear advantage over a recently created account who just started playing. The only benefit one guy can have is of experience and skill. This is possibly one of the very few things i like over WoW (World of Warcraft) very much. In wow someone playing for long or much more who could grind more and get more pvp gear had an advantage over others who prefered pve or was just getting into pvp. Here in this game i can play raids/fractals/dungeons/open world without having to worry about grinding gear for pvp. I can start playing immediately so it has equal playing field for everyone.Hence if it gives better rewards over wvw totally makes sense. In pvp you have atleast to be half competent to get far.

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:

@"ChSch.1596" said:A smal calculation:

Pips/game= Standard Pips + Topstat+ Division-PipsPips/game= (10+3)/2+ 1 + 2= 9,5 Pips/gameYou need 180 Pips for complete Byzantium. --> 18,9 games for complete ByzantiumOne Byzantium gives you 27,5Gold+ 180 Shards of Glory+ 6 Unidentified Dye --> 27,5 Gold+ 0,54 Gold + 1,29 Gold = 29,33 Gold --> 29,33 Gold/18,9 games=
1,55 Gold/game
That's only true for the first completion. Repeatable Byzantium is negligible reward

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/171222/qob7bq4u.jpg

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/171222/zr6dpao6.jpg

really?

@ChSch.1596 said:

Pips/game= Standard Pips + Topstat+ Division-PipsPips/game= (10+3)/2+ 1 + 2= 9,5 Pips/gameYou need 180 Pips for complete Byzantium. --> 18,9 games for complete ByzantiumOne Byzantium gives you 27,5Gold+ 180 Shards of Glory+ 6 Unidentified Dye --> 27,5 Gold+ 0,54 Gold + 1,29 Gold = 29,33 Gold --> 29,33 Gold/18,9 games=
1,55 Gold/game
That's only true for the first completion. Repeatable Byzantium is negligible reward

really?You are right. Sorry. I successfully misinterpreted the rewards for months :D

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:

1,55 Gold/game

really?You are right. Sorry. I successfully misinterpreted the rewards for months :D

no problem

How is possible to get 100g on PvP with only 5hours of gameplay? Is this 5hours just Daily Tournaments and you are considering that can win all of then? Anyway, sPvP allready suffers from low population, remove rewards and a good number of players will never go to the Heart of the Mists ever again...some people might think that this is a good idea, "remove all the pve reward hunters"...well its not, if this happen, we might be getting 10min+ queues again.If anything, sPvP and WvW needs its rewards buffed, not on gold or mats, but exclusive stuff...PvE allready got more attention then it deserves with all the new ®aids only rewards.

• 2 weeks later...

@trianglecubed.3750 said:

@"MarkoNS.3261" said:It is very simple anet claims pvp pve and wvw are legitimate and equal game modes, it makes no sense for one game mode to reward you more for game play your time spent investment then the other, it is like saying hey this game mode you are playing is not as good as this other one over here. in pvp you can grind out 100g per day in 5 or so hours in 5 hours in wvw you grind out decorations and maybe 5 gold if you are lucky how is this fair ?

I don't know, I've seen that a lot of streamers tend to not make the same sort of gains as non-streamers because their attention tends to be split, even in high-focus situations as they don't want to completely ignore the people that could someday be or are currently paying their rent/food/etc. While some tend to do more poorly, most, if not all, tend to do things on "repeat" without fully realizing the activity they are doing stopped being as profitable as it once was or stopped being at all profitable.

While your opinion is certainly valid I feel that it should be considered with a "pinch of salt" as your experiences and views aren't particularly from the perspective of a standard player or even a player that can fully commit to making that sort of gold in the allotted amount of time because, as a streamer, you're an entertainer first and a gamer second. There are a lot of good or even great players, people don't come for your gameplay, they come for you and, at the end of the day, you have to consider that and divide your focus and do what is both fun for you and appears most entertaining to your fans.

Im not sure about the relevance> Because if Im an average player, surely then thats even more relevant to the amount of gold I make? Im not winning every game or playing and winning ATs etc? Confused D:

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't you go cry in the WvW forums about them getting more rewards instead of coming here asking for the gold rewards to be removed. Seriously some people's lack of intellect blows my mind. WvW is a casual open field pve like game mode. You can also get maxed participation and afk and do one thing every 10mins, OR get a commander to give you shared participation and literally not even leave spawn and get max wvw rewards. Everything in pvp you have to do yourself, and the more you win the more you gain. WvW isn't like that its just a casual gamemode where everyone gets equal rewards because its open field pve. WvW is like a children's competition, everyone gets a shiny medal for participating and everyones a winner yay!!! ^-^

Archived