I see soloQ is doing well

witcher.3197

Streamers are leaving and constantly complaining about the terrible state of matchmaking which was allegedly improved because now we can't play with friends.

But hey, at least new players in unranked can be turned away from PvP by getting farmed by high rated players who want to play with friends, that's progress I guess.

Healthy changes come with growing pains. Let's get gw2 pvp back on track. They're working on MMR, next is rewards, then hopefully balance.

A big part of what's been causing problems is the match manipulation in the top 250. Why try to get better if you're going to fight unwinnable games?

@"Egorum.9506" said:Healthy changes come with growing pains. Let's get gw2 pvp back on track. They're working on MMR, next is rewards, then hopefully balance.

A big part of what's been causing problems is the match manipulation in the top 250. Why try to get better if you're going to fight unwinnable games?

lol

PvP in this game was NEVER "on track". Gameplay used to be stellar but rewards were trash and matchmaking was okay at best, and balance was kind of a problem (well, the infrequency was a problem).

Now we have better rewards than ever, but the playerbase is shrinking because the gameplay went to shit in the last 2 years, which leads to worse machmaking, which leads to.. present state of the game, i guess?

If you want to fix the game, fix balance. But fixing that would need either proper skill splitting or a major rework where Anet re-tunes every spec in the game. I doN't know which one is more unlikely, but for sure neither wll happen so what's the point?

It's refreshing to see some new people are still hopeful but we've been here before.. and there is no future.

SoloQ have single Big problem: the game isn't balanced around a single player playstile but around a Teamwork system.

The game always was balanced thinking about the Team Composition. If you have a good team composition there's no problem at all against condi spam, you can manage it. You can chose the class combination and make different classes and builds other than "meta builds" really viable because you can play in a coordinate way. There's not even match manipulating, if you're in a Team made by yourself because the only players you will make lose would be our friends and eventually guild members.

All the game is balanced about make a team and fight with every player knowing the strategy, the other party members builds and fighting in a competitive way.

That make SoloQ really bad because you can't play with friends (DuoQ isn't enough to make a strategy and teamwork with the other players), you can't make a strategy and can't fight in a competitive way because there's no one that know what's the others build and how the other players play.

That's a Team Based game Balanced around play as a Team that try to be viable for players that Don't Want to make a Team and Chose to make Everyone Unable to make one.

My syggestion is the same since the SoloQ was proposed:change the SoloQ in a TeamQ and Improve the LFG System for who don't have a giuld or friends to play with (a systemthat perfectly work in all the other game modes and can work even in this one).With players "forced" and Able to make a Team balanced around the personal Rank (platinum, gold, silver...) there will be a good chance to make players able to play as a team even if they don't have a way to make one by themselves.

That will make sense with a Balance System built aroun a team and not around every single class of thes game (that is basicly impossible looking to this game build mechanic)

Solo queue is dying because many builds/setup that are not so good for tournaments/team game are way too overpowered regarding a solo queue vision. There's also too few strategy involved and not enough explicit counters to builds such as spellbreaker or scourges. Most matchs look like people engaging anything with no risk and still be able to provide big damage.

It's silly for a Ranked competitive mode to be solo queue, but at least we have Automated Tournaments now. AT's in their current state don't really fill the gap though, since you're not able to continuously queue up for matches whenever you want and you're not being matched against other teams with a similar skill rating.

Of course as always, people will use population issues as an argument to support the solo queue decision, but it is still a bad argument. If the population can't support 5v5 team matches, then it can't support 5v5 solo matches either, as we've seen already. The solution isn't to sacrifice match quality and force people to play with random people. Instead you should make smaller team queue matches such as 2v2 or 3v3.

I think that the soloQ matches are much more balanced than the previous duoQ or teamQ, and I'd say it's more fair this way. Imagine losing -20 after fighting a teamQ with pugs. It sucks not playing with friends.. but at least this way it's an even playing field.

british accent It's wot people voted fo'... afta' all.

@witcher.3197 said:

@"Egorum.9506" said:Healthy changes come with growing pains. Let's get gw2 pvp back on track. They're working on MMR, next is rewards, then hopefully balance.

lol

PvP in this game was NEVER "on track". Gameplay used to be stellar but rewards were trash and matchmaking was okay at best, and balance was kind of a problem (well, the infrequency was a problem).

Now we have better rewards than ever, but the playerbase is shrinking because the gameplay went to kitten in the last 2 years, which leads to worse machmaking, which leads to.. present state of the game, i guess?

If you want to fix the game, fix balance. But fixing that would need either proper skill splitting or a major rework where Anet re-tunes every spec in the game. I doN't know which one is more unlikely, but for sure neither wll happen so what's the point?

It's refreshing to see some new people are still hopeful but we've been here before.. and there is no future.

I've played since launch with a couple 6mo breaks, and I'm primarily a pvp player. There are always strong classes and comps regardless of the mmo, adapting to them quickly is part of the skill aspect and always has been-otherwise the complaints are that pvp has become stale.

It looks like they're going to actually address the player concerns, I'm interested in seeing if they will. All Is (not) Vain.

@MethaneGas.8357 said:I think that the soloQ matches are much more balanced than the previous duoQ or teamQ, and I'd say it's more fair this way. Imagine losing -20 after fighting a teamQ with pugs. It sucks not playing with friends.. but at least this way it's an even playing field.

british accent It's wot people voted fo'... afta' all.

That wasn't team queue, that was mixed queue. Nobody wants mixed queue, it's just bad.

@Shaogin.2679 said:It's silly for a Ranked competitive mode to be solo queue, but at least we have Automated Tournaments now. AT's in their current state don't really fill the gap though, since you're not able to continuously queue up for matches whenever you want and you're not being matched against other teams with a similar skill rating.

Of course as always, people will use population issues as an argument to support the solo queue decision, but it is still a bad argument. If the population can't support 5v5 team matches, then it can't support 5v5 solo matches either, as we've seen already. The solution isn't to sacrifice match quality and force people to play with random people. Instead you should make smaller team queue matches such as 2v2 or 3v3.

I'd love some 2v2 and 3v3, or some 10v10/15v15 BGs

@Egorum.9506 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:Healthy changes come with growing pains. Let's get gw2 pvp back on track. They're working on MMR, next is rewards, then hopefully balance.

lol

Now we have better rewards than ever, but the playerbase is shrinking because the gameplay went to kitten in the last 2 years, which leads to worse machmaking, which leads to.. present state of the game, i guess?

I've played since launch with a couple 6mo breaks, and I'm primarily a pvp player. There are always strong classes and comps regardless of the mmo, adapting to them quickly is part of the skill aspect and always has been-otherwise the complaints are that pvp has become stale.

It looks like they're going to actually address the player concerns, I'm interested in seeing if they will. All Is (not) Vain.

I don't know if your naivety is annoying or refreshing.

@R E F L H E X.8413 said:

@"Shaogin.2679" said:but we currently can't get enough players in the same division for CONQUEST.

Fixed however
vlIfyXe.png

Sure, conquest has gotten super old with it being the only supported game mode since launch, but it isn't the root of all evil that drama queens make it out to be.

I doubt a new game mode alone would draw in enough players to maintain a healthy 10v10 or higher queue, but I would never object to getting a new game mode.

New and returning players can always be drawn back in and sustained, so that ship hasn't really gone anywhere. Now if they announced they are shutting down PvP, or you just enjoy bathing in negativity, I can understand stating the ship has sailed.

Can Anet turn the state of PvP around? Sure. Will they? I give it a 50/50 chance. They don't have a good track record so far, but they seem to be putting more effort into it lately so I dunno.

Archived