What's the Status on JQ conspiracy

jul.7602

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jul.7602 said:

@"Vermillion.4061" said:JQ's goal was to tank for 3 weeks before the holidays and hope that the trend continues since holidays and all to have the server open.

JQ never wanted a link to begin with just to become open.

If JQ is too big to not even have a link, then I doubt that they will open.

by what metric are we "too big"? We're done with the blackout and even before it all we could muster was consolidating down to two full maps and another about half full during reset. Here's tonight for some examples.

MBjvj9H.jpg

@Chaba.5410 said:

@"DeWolfe.2174" said:I was told two years ago that Anet was firm on their "Never JQ" stance. As in JQ will never be allow to be in 1st again.

Not sure where you get this conspiracy theory from, but keep it coming cuz that's some good reading. LOL.

I can tell you exactly but, they aren't here any more :(editing to add, I figured you would be one of those "few" I mentioned in that post.

@DeWolfe.2174 said:

@jul.7602 said:

@"Vermillion.4061" said:JQ's goal was to tank for 3 weeks before the holidays and hope that the trend continues since holidays and all to have the server open.

by what metric are we "too big"? We're done with the blackout and even before it all we could muster was consolidating down to two full maps and another about half full during reset. Here's tonight for some examples.

MBjvj9H.jpg

My metric is the population algorithm. Servers that cross a population threshold are no longer eligible to have a link. Servers that cross another threshold are designated as full. From experience we know servers designated as full are less likely to have links. I'm guessing that if the server isn't eligible for a link, it probably isn't opening up anytime soon.

@jul.7602 said:

@jul.7602 said:

MBjvj9H.jpg

My metric is the population algorithm. Servers that cross a population threshold are no longer eligible to have a link. Servers that cross another threshold are designated as full. From experience we know servers designated as full are less likely to have links. I'm guessing that if the server isn't eligible for a link, it probably isn't opening up anytime soon.

We don't know what the threshold is outside of a previously stated "within 10% of BG" playhours and no one knows if JQ was within 1% or 9% of that. The current algorithm keeps a server Full if they have players performing overtime to try to not lose. JQ had done rather well before their self-imposed blackout which means they were probably closer to BG on that 10%, but who knows, it may be another week or two before their playhour average drops below 10% of BG's.

@"DeWolfe.2174" said:I was told two years ago that Anet was firm on their "Never JQ" stance. As in JQ will never be allow to be in 1st again. The fact that we're manually locked for what 7-8 months now with no links and yet still closed, should make everyone see and smell smoke. We all see this is a bit off now, right? And yes, they'll be a few who'll defend this out of JQ hate but, seriously, we all see this right?

So the question is not about JQ, it's how does Anet expect us to play this anymore as a competitive game mode, when they're manipulating the outcomes? That's what I don't understand. They pretty much shot themselves in the foot here.

There is NO WAY there is a NEVER JQ policy. JQ is locked because Anet's metrics currently measure you as an overpopulated server, that is the ONLY reason. Hilarious attempt at playing the victim tho.

The only manipulation is coming from your server. The only foot that needs a bandage is yours.

@keelhaul.8039 said:

@"DeWolfe.2174" said:I was told two years ago that Anet was firm on their "Never JQ" stance. As in JQ will never be allow to be in 1st again. The fact that we're manually locked for what 7-8 months now with no links and yet still closed, should make everyone see and smell smoke. We all see this is a bit off now, right? And yes, they'll be a few who'll defend this out of JQ hate but, seriously, we all see this right?

So the question is not about JQ, it's how does Anet expect us to play this anymore as a competitive game mode, when they're manipulating the outcomes? That's what I don't understand. They pretty much shot themselves in the foot here.

There is NO WAY there is a NEVER JQ policy. JQ is locked because Anet's metrics currently measure you as an overpopulated server, that is the ONLY reason. Hilarious attempt at playing the victim tho.

The only manipulation is coming from your server. The only foot that needs a bandage is yours.

What are you using to say we're "overpopulated"? When I'm showing you we're no where near T1-2 numbers on reset.

@DeWolfe.2174 said:

@DeWolfe.2174 said:I was told two years ago that Anet was firm on their "Never JQ" stance. As in JQ will never be allow to be in 1st again. The fact that we're manually locked for what 7-8 months now with no links and yet still closed, should make everyone see and smell smoke. We all see this is a bit off now, right? And yes, they'll be a few who'll defend this out of JQ hate but, seriously, we all see this right?

What are you using to say we're "overpopulated"? When I'm showing you we're no where near T1-2 numbers on reset.

He's saying that the 24/7 population algorithm isn't reflective of reset night numbers. FA doesn't get reset night numbers during NA either unless we have a link. JQ has a larger number of non-NA players and play hours than a lot of other servers. FA is sort of similar just with less non-NA.

JQ SEA is like 1 active guild that runs daily with around 15 people, but leads a 30+ pugs. Larger than many lower tier server, but by no means it is 'overstacked' like many believes

The reason why JQ has such high play hours and godly ppt is probably because there are many people on JQ with too many time who can somehow play almost 24 hours a day. JQ really do not have the numbers to compete t1 t2 servers in peak times.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Xslare.8735 said:It's actually really sad that the group that knows the least about what's going on are the JQ pugs themselves, even second to ANet.

What's even more sad is Anet using BG as a unit of measure for the rest of the servers. Something is amiss here, lol.

But if BG is as overstacked as everyone states (and I am not disputing it is) why would they NOT be the measurement for full status?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Xslare.8735 said:It's actually really sad that the group that knows the least about what's going on are the JQ pugs themselves, even second to ANet.

What's even more sad is Anet using BG as a unit of measure for the rest of the servers. Something is amiss here, lol.

But if BG is as overstacked as everyone states (and I am not disputing it is) why would they NOT be the measurement for full status?

Kind of my point I guess. Why manipulate the population of entire servers to match ONE instead of manipulating the ONE that is the source of the problem.

Back to the same request of busting up all the worlds and start over. I know the problem with that but it is what it is...

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

Kind of my point I guess. Why manipulate the population of entire servers to match ONE instead of manipulating the ONE that is the source of the problem.

But if they are close to the same play hours as BG, why would we open them?If the hours are the same, then isn't JQ a problem now as well?

Back to the same request of busting up all the worlds and start over. I know the problem with that but it is what it is...

So.., the only way I would be in favor of this, is random placement of EVERYONE. No guild priorities. No server priorities. Blank slate completely. And that would only cause further exodus.

Most of the proposals people have made are centered around guilds. And while I like my guild, and wouldn't want to be separated from them, it destroys communities of militia who like to play with those guilds.

@"ThunderPanda.1872" said:JQ SEA is like 1 active guild that runs daily with around 15 people, but leads a 30+ pugs. Larger than many lower tier server, but by no means it is 'overstacked' like many believes

The reason why JQ has such high play hours and godly ppt is probably because there are many people on JQ with too many time who can somehow play almost 24 hours a day. JQ really do not have the numbers to compete t1 t2 servers in peak times.

dont give us fake info plz :/JQ SEA TZ EBG Q 22 now and theres 40 ppl at TPA channelhttps://imgur.com/a/9DFbr

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

That problem is huge player exodus from the game, no guarantee of established players and guilds won't just stack a server, no core issues will be solved including population balance itself, bad PR that dissuades new players

Overall it is just not worth it

@Jerry CCH.9816 said:

@"ThunderPanda.1872" said:JQ SEA is like 1 active guild that runs daily with around 15 people, but leads a 30+ pugs. Larger than many lower tier server, but by no means it is 'overstacked' like many believes

dont give us fake info plz :/JQ SEA TZ EBG Q 22 now and theres 40 ppl at TPA channel

Stop misdirecting people. It's 1st day of reset. I'm talking about weekly average, and if you expand that screenshot, you only see around 15 TPA and rest pugs.

Oh JQ is also in t4, if they cannot compete in t4, then JQ might as well be dead

@ThunderPanda.1872 said:

@ThunderPanda.1872 said:JQ SEA is like 1 active guild that runs daily with around 15 people, but leads a 30+ pugs. Larger than many lower tier server, but by no means it is 'overstacked' like many believes

dont give us fake info plz :/JQ SEA TZ EBG Q 22 now and theres 40 ppl at TPA channel

Stop misdirecting people. It's 1st day of reset. I'm talking about weekly average, and if you expand that screenshot, you only see around 15 TPA and rest pugs.

Oh JQ is also in t4, if they cannot compete in t4, then JQ might as well be deadnvm i will take a pic about EBG Queue every SEA TZ "So you think "15 TPA / 50 man full squad / EBG Q 22" still no enough people for JQ during SEA TZ ?? B)

Happiness consists in contentment. :3

Day 1 : https://imgur.com/a/9DFbr

Archived