to Trebuchet or not to Trebuchet thats the question

trunks.5249

i am in gold at the moment . i find myself getting frustrated everytime i see a teammate using the Trebuchet. my opinion on this is that using the Trebuchet in gold and above is a waste of time. people by then know when to dodge. their time would be better spent helping in the fight. am i wrong in thinking this? because i am getting tired of asking people to stop. only to be blown off. if i am wrong i will be more than happy to stop one less thing to worry about

If you got a proper AoE tank on a held mid point (like say a scourge), then one guy on the treb equals at least 2 guys supporting him. You dont have infinite dodging to avoid it and a single knockback that will take 30-50% of your hp with 10+ conditions already on you... well you figure out the result. If equal forces on mid then the ones having the treb probably have won already. Trouble stomping, trouble ressing with constant knockbacks.

But granted, I see people sitting on it and trebbing a midpoint that isnt theirs and no one is fighting over.

It isn't a good idea for 3 reasons :

• Map has changed, and it is much harder to land damage on middle point anymore
  • Too many passive/blocs + people knowing how to dodge
  • Due to scourge, people do not fight on point so much

These 3 points combined make me believe it isn't really a good idea to use treb anymore.

@yanniell.1236 said:Just watch some high level games and see if anyone gets near it.

People just also need to learn to not lose caps to kill beasts in Florest at the start of the game. U kill beasts when its game deciding or when you wipe their team and have no rotations to make

whats 'high level'? OP is playing at Gold.

The treb is a little trickier to use at mid, sure. Mid is not the only point you can hit with the treb.

All these people saying everyone dodges the incoming treb... they don't.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@yanniell.1236 said:Just watch some high level games and see if anyone gets near it.

People just also need to learn to not lose caps to kill beasts in Florest at the start of the game. U kill beasts when its game deciding or when you wipe their team and have no rotations to make

whats 'high level'? OP is playing at Gold.

The treb is a little trickier to use at mid, sure. Mid is not the only point you can hit with the treb.

All these people saying everyone dodges the incoming treb... they don't.

the only time i ever get hit by them anymore is if i have the volume turned down because i have pvp music blasting in the background.

Archived