Nerf scourge, really.

Aedaryl.3195

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@"Genesis.5169" said:We should never balance for the lowest common denominator.

aka "I have condis on me and I can't clear it because I don't carry any type of condition removal in my build, plz nerf!"

Exactly.It's always the same people that says the "PvP is dead", "it's so easy to pvp here", "it's just a spamfest", "anyone can play this", "PLZ NERF SCOURGE, MIRAGE, DRUID, HOLO".

Not really.Condi cleanse are useless because one second later you get CC chained into other shades and your boons corrupted to 20 stacks of every condi in the game again.

The only solution is escape all the times renouncing the control point all the times.In a game mode in which you win by holding the CP scourge is not healthy at all, it is months that it is this way and everybody agrees.

Who says the different it is probably a casual player who played 10 matches and encountered only bad scourges, after 100 or 200 games of double scourge in the enemy team you realize how broken and cancerous and unhealthy is that profession for sPvP.

It's been 400+ games just last season.Scourge was broken at PoF launch, that's a fact. Problem is people keep saying it's broken and just ignores all the nerfs (and bugfixes) Scourges already had. Losing a lot of it's offensive power for a bit more of support/ survivability.

"Condi cleanse are useless because one second later you get CC chained into other shades and your boons corrupted to 20 stacks of every condi in the game again."Come on, you have evades and stunbreakers, don't tell me you'll be CC'ed to your death by a necro. If that's the case, sorry, it's a L2P issue.I GUARANTEE you that condi cleanses aren't useless. If the Scourge dropped you the "big bomb", aka smashing all F's, you clean all that kitten and pressure him/ cc till their deaths, they have nothing more. Scourges have ONE source of stability (and they have a clear animation) so it's easy to be cc chained and bursted.

Only thing that MAYBE is a bit OP is that shades have no tell, so you never know when the bomb comes. But that's just how thieves works, right? With A LOT MORE dmg pressure. The mind games is a crucial factor that is usually ignored. Lure them.

Now, if we are talking about Scourges + Firebrands duos i will agree that it is a problem. But what i think would solve this problem is trading some survivability/ support for some damage on Firebrands.

But you can't always let them decap or cap the freaking point or you die if you stand in it.
And this means if the enemy has a scourge or double scourge and your team doesn't they have a substancial advantage on you, and that's lame.

A firebrand alone who bunker a node is unkillable 1vs1 but he won't kill you either, scourge instead will kill you in few seconds if for a millisecond you touch a shade with some boon on you.

And good scourge will follow you and teleport to you because he is indeed a walking shade himself, and if he teleport to you and proper use the shades and skills you can cleanse how much you want but you die anyway if you get caught like that. No counter play to it.

Firebrand plus scourge is just the apotheosis of cancer.

Just unhealthy for sPvP.

You didn't even read what i wrote. Look at my post and you'll see i'm talking specifically on how to counter scourges.And you came here like: "hurr durr, i can't fight on point". KILL THE SCOURGE AND GET THE POINT.If you're having problems on teamfights, it's even a bigger L2P issue. A Scourge focused by 2+ is just a dead body.

"A firebrand alone who bunker a node is unkillable 1vs1 but he won't kill you either"He won't kill you but he will contest the point against +1 or even +2 for an entire match.

What is unhealthy for sPvP is people that don't want to adapt and learn, because it's easier to just ask for nerfs everytime.Scourges is the first true pure condi spec and condi can kill you now, that's just it.People never had to fight like this and now are all "that's unhealthy", "kill the spec", "i can't win".

Again, Scourges aren't even a half of the former slo-mo-nuclear-warhead it was.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Malafaia.8903 said:

aka "I have condis on me and I can't clear it because I don't carry any type of condition removal in my build, plz nerf!"

Exactly.It's always the same people that says the "PvP is dead", "it's so easy to pvp here", "it's just a spamfest", "anyone can play this", "PLZ NERF SCOURGE, MIRAGE, DRUID, HOLO".

Not really.Condi cleanse are useless because one second later you get CC chained into other shades and your boons corrupted to 20 stacks of every condi in the game again.

The only solution is escape all the times renouncing the control point all the times.In a game mode in which you win by holding the CP scourge is not healthy at all, it is months that it is this way and everybody agrees.

Who says the different it is probably a casual player who played 10 matches and encountered only bad scourges, after 100 or 200 games of double scourge in the enemy team you realize how broken and cancerous and unhealthy is that profession for sPvP.

It's been 400+ games just last season.Scourge was broken at PoF launch, that's a fact. Problem is people keep saying it's broken and just ignores all the nerfs (and bugfixes) Scourges already had. Losing a lot of it's offensive power for a bit more of support/ survivability.

"Condi cleanse are useless because one second later you get CC chained into other shades and your boons corrupted to 20 stacks of every condi in the game again."Come on, you have evades and stunbreakers, don't tell me you'll be CC'ed to your death by a necro. If that's the case, sorry, it's a L2P issue.I GUARANTEE you that condi cleanses aren't useless. If the Scourge dropped you the "big bomb", aka smashing all F's, you clean all that kitten and pressure him/ cc till their deaths, they have nothing more. Scourges have ONE source of stability (and they have a clear animation) so it's easy to be cc chained and bursted.

Only thing that MAYBE is a bit OP is that shades have no tell, so you never know when the bomb comes. But that's just how thieves works, right? With A LOT MORE dmg pressure. The mind games is a crucial factor that is usually ignored. Lure them.

Now, if we are talking about Scourges + Firebrands duos i will agree that it is a problem. But what i think would solve this problem is trading some survivability/ support for some damage on Firebrands.

But you can't always let them decap or cap the freaking point or you die if you stand in it.
And this means if the enemy has a scourge or double scourge and your team doesn't they have a substancial advantage on you, and that's lame.

A firebrand alone who bunker a node is unkillable 1vs1 but he won't kill you either, scourge instead will kill you in few seconds if for a millisecond you touch a shade with some boon on you.

And good scourge will follow you and teleport to you because he is indeed a walking shade himself, and if he teleport to you and proper use the shades and skills you can cleanse how much you want but you die anyway if you get caught like that. No counter play to it.

Just unhealthy for sPvP.

You didn't even read what i wrote. Look at my post and you'll see i'm talking specifically on how to counter scourges.And you came here like: "hurr durr, i can't fight on point". KILL THE SCOURGE AND GET THE POINT.If you're having problems on teamfights, it's even a bigger L2P issue. A Scourge focused by 2+ is just a dead body.

"A firebrand alone who bunker a node is unkillable 1vs1 but he won't kill you either"He won't kill you but he will contest the point against +1 or even +2 for an entire match.

What is unhealthy for sPvP is people that don't want to adapt and learn, because it's easier to just ask for nerfs everytime.Scourges is the first true pure condi spec and condi can kill you now, that's just it.People never had to fight like this and now are all "that's unhealthy", "kill the spec", "i can't win".

Man, take for example the map Temple of the Silent Storm, when appears the buff to cap all 3 points, if the enemy team has a scourge and they go all there he just win camping the buff spamming, dead everybody and get the buff, how is that healthy???

Not only in low leagues people complains of scourge, but even pro players says that it created an unhealthy gamemode, condis over condis over condis, they are not fun to play against.

Of course you can kill noob scourges even if they are 3 in the enemy team, but trust me that if you face a scourge with a brain can pretty much carry the whole game alone.

Too much advantage on having a scourge in your comp who completely denies cap points.The radius of his shades are just too wide.

Spellbreaker might be overtuned too (even if gets nerfed, and he got actually nerfed not like you say on scourge), but alone he cannot wipe out an entire team, that's my point.

Scourge is the only profession which a bad-mediocre player have the advantage over a decent-good player, how is that right???

I played him myself and pressing f1 f2 f3 and some staff plus the elite, downed 3 people... and they weren't even that bad, they were kiting and all, but they tried to get the point in which i was standing.

Holosmith is strong as hell too, but actually requires a brain, all skills have a delay before activations, huge telegraphs, pretty squishy and you have a wide room for a counter play on him.

I mean it is not like 10 people begging for a nerf, even scourge players admit it themselves that it is a nobrain profession.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

Just unhealthy for sPvP.

Man, take for example the map Temple of the Silent Storm, when appears the buff to cap all 3 points, if the enemy team has a scourge and they go all there he just win camping the buff spamming, dead everybody and get the buff, how is that healthy???

Not only in low leagues people complains of scourge, but even pro players says that it created an unhealthy gamemode, condis over condis over condis, they are not fun to play against.

Of course you can kill noob scourges even if they are 3 in the enemy team, but trust me that if you face a scourge with a brain can pretty much carry the whole game alone.

Too much advantage on having a scourge in your comp who completely denies cap points.The radius of his shades are just too wide.

Spellbreaker might be overtuned too (even if gets nerfed, and he got actually nerfed not like you say on scourge), but alone he cannot wipe out an entire team, that's my point.

Scourge is the only profession which a bad-mediocre player have the advantage over a decent-good player, how is that right???

I played him myself and pressing f1 f2 f3 and some staff plus the elite, downed 3 people... and they weren't even that bad, they were kiting and all, but they tried to get the point in which i was standing.

Holosmith is strong as hell too, but actually requires a brain, all skills have a delay before activations, huge telegraphs, pretty squishy and you have a wide room for a counter play on him.

I mean it is not like 10 people begging for a nerf, even scourge players admit it themselves that it is a nobrain profession.

Sorry dude, if you're downing 3 players and are still alive as a Scourge you're getting matchmaking luck a lot.There's just 3 ways it can be possible:

1 - You're playing in some VERY LOW TIER.2 - They were bots3 - You're lying

@Malafaia.8903 said:

Just unhealthy for sPvP.

Sorry dude, if you're downing 3 players and are still alive as a Scourge you're getting matchmaking luck a lot.There's just 3 ways it can be possible:

Whatever man, you wanna have the last word all the times.

This time I am trustful that it will get the nerf bat that pushes it into the ground, so I just have to wait.

Meanwhile enjoy playing your full of skill profession and be proud of it, if you play only scourge and it will get nerfed and you have to switch to another class and cannot spam anymore I wonder what you will do.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

Just unhealthy for sPvP.

Whatever man, you wanna have the last word all the times.

This time I am trustful that it will get the nerf bat that pushes it into the ground, so I just have to wait.

Meanwhile enjoy playing your full of skill profession and be proud of it, if you play only scourge and it will get nerfed and you have to switch to another class and cannot spam anymore I wonder what you will do.

Look, i was trying to talk about game mechanics till now, but people didn't even read. So i'm just boarding the bash train.

You know whats funny? I didn't even play Scourge. As a Ranger/ Thief/ Warrior/ Guardian player i've tried it and just felt too clunky.

I don't think the problem is scourge by itself but the great combination that a scourge plus a support firebrand form. In other games you could remedy this situation by sniping the healer but firebrand is nowhere near as squishy as a mercy. In fact, the scourge is more fragile than fb. So you have a strong healer that is difficult to take down and a high splash damage dps that has a support protecting him.

Scrouge dont need nerf's, the game need a better design and class concept overall.

This is the problem with the balance, is ment to be bad balance to catte the badies playing some giimick and feel a fake class evolution trough Elite traits.

I expect the next balance patch just a few value tweaks rather than solve the main big problem with the "balance".THis is will show how bad Anet developers are, those at balance ofc, even a pidgeon has a brain to do a better work.

It will be just trade a rotation for another one, keep spamming.

@Malafaia.8903 said:

Don't you play condi mirage?

@Alehin.3746 said:

No. Why?

@"Kuya.6495" said:I don't think the problem is scourge by itself but the great combination that a scourge plus a support firebrand form. In other games you could remedy this situation by sniping the healer but firebrand is nowhere near as squishy as a mercy. In fact, the scourge is more fragile than fb. So you have a strong healer that is difficult to take down and a high splash damage dps that has a support protecting him.

Exactly, that's what i'm saying in every "nerf scourge" topic. And that's a lot of topics...Firebrands needs a tone down on support/ survivability and some buffs to damage.

@Malafaia.8903 said:

@"Kuya.6495" said:I don't think the problem is scourge by itself but the great combination that a scourge plus a support firebrand form. In other games you could remedy this situation by sniping the healer but firebrand is nowhere near as squishy as a mercy. In fact, the scourge is more fragile than fb. So you have a strong healer that is difficult to take down and a high splash damage dps that has a support protecting him.

Exactly, that's what i'm saying in every "nerf scourge" topic. And that's a lot of topics...Firebrands needs a tone down on support/ survivability and some buffs to damage.

Both scourge and spambrand are game design issues.Spambrand needs less of "everything" and better tune up, while scourge needs better "design" due how bad codnitions are designed withing the gw2 gameplay for PVE reasons.Necros, Reapers, scourges should be Hex's class based, that might solve all the easy stacking of conditions, not all classes have the mobility of a mesmer nor a thief, nor even passive speed.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Both scourge and spambrand are game design issues.

Yes, like thieves and mesmers.I heard this from a looooong time here...Keep the whining going :)

@Malafaia.8903 said:

Yes, like thieves and mesmers.I heard this from a looooong time here...Keep the whining going :)

it is not whining im not complaning about classes that counters mine nor hits arround 10k+, i even suck figthing mesmers due the preference of mace shield guard builds, i am just being realistic about the state of the game, that is towards way to much bad players helping them with gimmick rotations.

And i know when im being carried ;) aparentelly u probably dont., reason i never played DH with the vanilla DH traps.. that was the most sutpid thing ever made into a class but gw2 is ment for brainless players i guess.Dont worry Anet will not listen players that are waitting to have some decent pvp gameplay, u can continue ur keybashing with a gimmick rotation, since u cant do much more, reason u play this game, and for sure ur linking it, other games are to hard for ur skills.

The current gameplay is simple wrong and bad even to observe.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

it is not whining im not complaning about classes that counters mine nor hits arround 10k+, i even suck figthing mesmers due the preference of mace shield guard builds, i am just being realistic about the state of the game, that is towards way to much bad players helping them with gimmick rotations.

And i know when im being carried ;) aparentelly u probably dont.Dont worry Anet will not listen players that are waitting to have some decent pvp gameplay, u can continue ur keybashing with a gimmick rotation, since u cant do much more, reason u play this game, and for sure ur linking it, other games are to hard for ur skills.

Yes, yes, that's the same answer i get from everyone like you, that i'm "being carried", that i'm "gimmick rotations", that it's just a "spamfest"...That falacy is getting boring everyday. If you play on plat+ you know that "spaming your keys" won't work in any class. But keep saying that to yourself, maybe you feel better this way :)

@Malafaia.8903 said:

And i know when im being carried ;) aparentelly u probably dont.Dont worry Anet will not listen players that are waitting to have some decent pvp gameplay, u can continue ur keybashing with a gimmick rotation, since u cant do much more, reason u play this game, and for sure ur linking it, other games are to hard for ur skills.

Yes, yes, that's the same answer i get from everyone like you, that i'm "being carried", that i'm "gimmick rotations", that it's just a "spamfest"...That falacy is getting boring everyday. If you play on plat+ you know that "spaming your keys" won't work in any class. But keep saying that to yourself, maybe you feel better this way :)

Well some players prefer unskilled gimmick figts for sure that is one thing this game and Anet did well... if ur having funs with the class designs, no one cant take that fun out of it.And yes game overall it is a spamfest, u cant just look at 1 gamemode and over plat ranking...that's wrong.

@Malafaia.8903 said:

No. Why?

Uh... weird. zUJcgUn.png

! it's a joke, no need to be triggered

@Alehin.3746 said:

No. Why?

Uh... weird.
zUJcgUn.png

Lol, where are you trying to get, dude? I mean, what's your point?I'm just none of you crying babies, that's all, i'm not here to advocate for nothing.Problem is my POV hurt you L2P dudes ;)

I shouldn't even post this, but, lets get going, i wanna know what you are trying here.If you consider 3% of my matches in unranked to know how to beat a class counts like "i play condi mirage"...

https://i.imgur.com/iGRFyxl.jpg

(What's even funnier is that you have a boytoy to clap for your sadness attempt of who knows what)

@Malafaia.8903 said:

No. Why?

Uh... weird.
zUJcgUn.png

Lol, where are you trying to get, dude? I mean, what's your point?I'm just memeing, it was more of a "if thats your real name..." kind of thing. Didn't mean to trigger you so badly. LULI'm just none of you crying babies, that's all, i'm not here to advocate for nothing.Problem is my POV hurt you L2P dudes ;)I shouldn't even post this, but, lets get going, i wanna know what you are trying here.If you consider 3% of my matches in unranked to know how to beat a class counts like "i play condi mirage".../home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FiGRFyxl.jpg" class="PopupActually the only class i have problems with is holosmith, but that's because i don't have enough practice with it, not because it's overpowered. I know how to fight mirages and scourges, but that doesn't make them less broken or unbalanced for conquest. Our sucess/failure by themselves doesn't prove something is broken or not, if the majority of the community isn't happy with the state of the game, it means changes need to be made. O mundo não gira em torno de você, if you know what i mean. ;)(What's even funnier is that you have a boytoy to clap for your sadness attempt of who knows what)I don't know them, i bet they thought it was funny or something just like i did. Watch this, it might help:

@Alehin.3746 said:

No. Why?

Uh... weird.
zUJcgUn.png

Lol, where are you trying to get, dude? I mean, what's your point?I'm just memeing, it was more of a "if thats your real name..." kind of thing. Didn't mean to trigger you so badly. LULI'm just none of you crying babies, that's all, i'm not here to advocate for nothing.Problem is my POV hurt you L2P dudes ;)I shouldn't even post this, but, lets get going, i wanna know what you are trying here.If you consider 3% of my matches in unranked to know how to beat a class counts like "i play condi mirage".../home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FiGRFyxl.jpg" class="PopupActually the only class i have problems with is holosmith, but that's because i don't have enough practice with it, not because it's overpowered. I know how to fight mirages and scourges, but that doesn't make them less broken or unbalanced for conquest. Our sucess/failure by themselves doesn't prove something is broken or not. O mundo não gira em torno de você, if you know what i mean. ;)(What's even funnier is that you have a boytoy to clap for your sadness attempt of who knows what)I don't know them, i think they just thought it was funny or something just like i did. Watch this, it might help:

Lol, great way to get off topic when the arguments aren't going so well.

@Malafaia.8903 said:

No. Why?

Uh... weird.
zUJcgUn.png

Lol, where are you trying to get, dude? I mean, what's your point?I'm just memeing, it was more of a "if thats your real name..." kind of thing. Didn't mean to trigger you so badly. LULI'm just none of you crying babies, that's all, i'm not here to advocate for nothing.Problem is my POV hurt you L2P dudes ;)I shouldn't even post this, but, lets get going, i wanna know what you are trying here.If you consider 3% of my matches in unranked to know how to beat a class counts like "i play condi mirage".../home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FiGRFyxl.jpg" class="PopupActually the only class i have problems with is holosmith, but that's because i don't have enough practice with it, not because it's overpowered. I know how to fight mirages and scourges, but that doesn't make them less broken or unbalanced for conquest. Our sucess/failure by themselves doesn't prove something is broken or not. O mundo não gira em torno de você, if you know what i mean. ;)(What's even funnier is that you have a boytoy to clap for your sadness attempt of who knows what)I don't know them, i think they just thought it was funny or something just like i did. Watch this, it might help:

Lol, great way to get off topic when the arguments aren't going so well.Says the guy that didn't respond to anything i said. Good job on being hypocritical, now let's try to be constructive towards the game balance without bias, shall we?

@pah.4931 said:

@pah.4931 said:Scourges by themselves are fine.No they are not, they're problematic in pvp/wvw for a lot of different reasons.And really poorly designed, to be frank.Why did you say it's "fine" then? You mean like lore-wise or what?

Well, Anet class development is based on PvE. As far as I know, there isn't a PvP class balance team. The PvP team works with the class developers, but it's not like there is a Necro PvP developer and a Necro PvE developer. So the class was designed from top to bottom as a PvE class and it appears folks forgot to tell these devs that PvP is based on fighting withing a small circle. If scourge was in a game like WoW, for example, it would be fine. But forcing every player into capture points and then giving one class the ability to instantly kitten on anything inside a small circle is just bad HOLISTIC design.

So, in a vacuum, scourges are fine. Which why I said "by themselves" (which I don't think you understand what that meant). If there is no PvP, scourge design is fine. If PvP had only capture the flag or death match style maps, scourge would be fine because they can't just camp a point. If PvP even had a larger range of game-types (and not just conquest), then scourges would be fine... they would excel at conquest but there would be others they'd suck at. But, the only game mode is conquest... which is why Scourges are so poorly designed.

Games are very complex systems of design. Not hing exists alone. I think my comment just went a bit over your heard, which is OK. We agree with each other. In pvp, Scourges are not good and need adjusted.

Now i get it. I really like the "theme" scourge have, it's a shame it was so poorly implemented in the game. :/

@Alehin.3746 said:

No. Why?

Uh... weird.
zUJcgUn.png

Lol, great way to get off topic when the arguments aren't going so well.Says the guy that didn't respond to anything i said. Good job on being hypocritical, now let's try to be constructive towards the game balance without bias, shall we?

So, i took my time to review the entire topic and the only question is "You play Condi mirage?". What i'm missing here?I am trying to be constructive since the beggining, but people didn't even read, they already have their mindsets and won't change for nothing.What makes you think i'm being biased here? In fact i think i'm being the less biased one here, because if Scourges get a nerf it'll be a short-term advantage for me.

@pah.4931 said:Well, Anet class development is based on PvE. As far as I know, there isn't a PvP class balance team. The PvP team works with the class developers, but it's not like there is a Necro PvP developer and a Necro PvE developer. So the class was designed from top to bottom as a PvE class and it appears folks forgot to tell these devs that PvP is based on fighting withing a small circle. If scourge was in a game like WoW, for example, it would be fine. But forcing every player into capture points and then giving one class the ability to instantly kitten on anything inside a small circle is just bad HOLISTIC design.Scourge was developed with PVP in mind (as was Spellbreaker, for that matter, and for the same reasons), its entire thing is countering boon-heavy builds, which plague PVP/WvW but are basically non-existent in PVE.

Archived