Autolooting Giant Map Chests

Embered.5089

When you kill world bosses or fractal bosses or etc., you'll get those giant chests that drop and leave a giant chest icon on the map. Those that autoloot don't get the joy of seeing it open--it usually remains closed even if you try to manually loot it (though you get the loot); othertimes it'll open, but it's already after you've autolooted. So please, please fix this so that the chests do the opening animation as soon as you autoloot.

@"AstralDusk.1670" said:I would just like it more clear that I'm receiving the chest's loot. I always get paranoid when I can't loot these massive chests before I decided they must've autolooted before I even knew they exist.

Oh, I still rush to the chests and mash the "f button" still just to make 100% sure I got the loot as I never know if I do or not.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@"AstralDusk.1670" said:I would just like it more clear that I'm receiving the chest's loot. I always get paranoid when I can't loot these massive chests before I decided they must've autolooted before I even knew they exist.

Oh, I still rush to the chests and mash the "f button" still just to make 100% sure I got the loot as I never know if I do or not.

Yeah, same. Even though I already know that I'm getting the loot if I'm near it (if you're too far away, you actually don't get it), I have to just run up to it and press F at least once. So I want that chest opening animation--and I want it to remain open, not close again--so I don't feel the need to mash F.

@Embered.5089 said:

Yeah, same. Even though I already know that I'm getting the loot if I'm near it (if you're too far away, you actually don't get it), I have to just run up to it and press F at least once. So I want that chest opening animation--and I want it to remain open, not close again--so I don't feel the need to mash F.

Then they should just behave like fractal chests. Disappear from the world once it has been looted. In the case of fractals the chests disappear once their entire party has looted. Molten Boss was the only exception(it still autoloots but it doesn't disappear) but I haven't checked since the recent update.

@Embered.5089 said:

You're wrong, I've gotten loot from one of those chest being all the way across the map(I've actually received once being in a completely different zone)...how do I know, two ways really, the loot appears on the right hand side of my screen as I get each item...and it's in my chat log. I don't need the animation, and the chest remains opened on the mini-map, which also tells me I've auto-looted it.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Embered.5089 said:Maybe the chests are simply inconsistent. I've seen some large chests autoloot, then some other chests not autoloot e.g. in certain metas.Hey ANet... can you make all the chests behave the same way <_< At least so that all PvE chests are the same.

Autoloot never works if you are dead, possibly downed as well.

I'm not usually dead or down during those events, but that should also be fixed.

Archived