End of Season on New Year

Paarthurnax.8931

I don't know if everyone will agree but ending the season on new year seems kinda wrong because its a date that alot of people travel and doesn't log in to play.

I am one of them, and probably will get decay. I don't take pvp seriously since the earlier seasons, I just do my placement matches a week before the season ends so I can get the platinum badge cause I think it looks cool.

But I don't think I will be able to this season, my rating is 1600, my worries is that the decay will put me in gold, the only solution I see is play on my notebook that can barely run Gw2, but thats a loss guarantee for me and my teammates.

@Xarimath.4518 said:And what if somebody did a game on the night of the 30th of December?

I basically hit Platinum tonight, at 00,30 of the 30th of December. Will I be safe or do I need to do another game to avoid the decay?

I think you will be safe, but if you have the possibility, would be better log in to check, I don't know if decay counts by the last time you played or by the gw2 reset time.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:Why would you bother? Unless you're top 250, you get no recognition and bottom is close to 1700

NA is pretty bad, Bottom of the Leader boards is. 1595 currently

leaderboard thresholds are dependant on population size not skill. Glicko2 does skill rating in relative not in absolute.

Ooo, indeed. Players can't climb too high away from average MMR no matter how excellent they are, due to average MMR gain/loss for win/loss.

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:Why would you bother? Unless you're top 250, you get no recognition and bottom is close to 1700

leaderboard thresholds are dependant on population size not skill. Glicko2 does skill rating in relative not in absolute.

Ooo, indeed. Players can't climb too high away from average MMR no matter how excellent they are, due to average MMR gain/loss for win/loss.

No that's not what I meant.

Glicko2 assigns rating based on your ability to win against other players in the queue. In other words, your rating is relative to other players, rather than being an absolute measurement.

@Crinn.7864 said:

No that's not what I meant.

Glicko2 assigns rating based on your ability to win against other players in the queue. In other words, your rating is relative to other players, rather than being an absolute measurement.

Ooo, but thats exacly the same.

Archived