Whats the scrapper for?

Amaranthe.3578

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use mine as a tank in large fights. It's super tanky, has lots of AOE field effects, tons of Condi conversion and boon uptime, and can res teammates really quickly and stomp pretty well, and lots of self healing but can also heal teammates a bit.

Ever since they fixed the function gyro, I've been having a blast with it. :)

If you watch @Chaith.8256 twitch stream you see him do support scrapper.

Now I am not saying scrapper can't be played in other ways like tank or bruiser. But scrapper support feels like a decent meta spec.

Also I don't know how you guys have trouble with gyros. Maybe bad luck or lag?

In wvw and spvp gyros always follow close to me except stealth gyro. Stealth gyro is a little slow

Also in wvw my scrapper uses maruader armor. I cleave people and cleave downs as well as just soak other people's damage with bulwark and healing and cleansing gyro and stealth with stealth gyro and do vicous aoe damage with whirl gyro. I do about 12k over 5 seconds with whirl gyro. Lots of crits and cleaves tightly packed players.

The only problem with scrapper is they really can't solo anything on their own. They need a few teammates to synergize well with and are tanky do support.

Not going to lie I think maruader and paladin armors work great on engineer. Power engie is quite strong I think. Any ways I hope you guys have fun in super adventure. I just got a 45 gold rifle skin it's almost legendary quality with sound effects and nice animations.

Be well all.

@Anthony.3207 said:If you watch @Chaith.8256 twitch stream you see him do support scrapper.

Now I am not saying scrapper can't be played in other ways like tank or bruiser. But scrapper support feels like a decent meta spec.

Also I don't know how you guys have trouble with gyros. Maybe bad luck or lag?

In wvw and spvp gyros always follow close to me except stealth gyro. Stealth gyro is a little slow

Also in wvw my scrapper uses maruader armor. I cleave people and cleave downs as well as just soak other people's damage with bulwark and healing and cleansing gyro and stealth with stealth gyro and do vicous aoe damage with whirl gyro. I do about 12k over 5 seconds with whirl gyro. Lots of crits and cleaves tightly packed players.

The only problem with scrapper is they really can't solo anything on their own. They need a few teammates to synergize well with and are tanky do support.

Not going to lie I think maruader and paladin armors work great on engineer. Power engie is quite strong I think. Any ways I hope you guys have fun in super adventure. I just got a 45 gold rifle skin it's almost legendary quality with sound effects and nice animations.

Be well all.

Scrapper support is the way to go for sure. You are a tank too, pretty much as tanky as you can be - Adaptive Armor over Final Salvo would likely just ensure you could never be in control of your character all game. There are two kind of Scrapper 'tanks' ones that can revive allies and those that cannot.

Scrapper should always have at least one of top stats - revives. It is really really hard in braindead burst meta like this, but I ress up many ppl from impossible scenarios.

@Chaith.8256 - Which Amulet , Runes etc you reccomend for condi and burst scenarios. I am sticked to paladin and cannot find way out. I feel that mender scrapper is echo of the past and marauder more fragile then one trick holo pony.

@David.5974 said:@Chaith.8256 - Which Amulet , Runes etc you reccomend for condi and burst scenarios. I am sticked to paladin and cannot find way out. I feel that mender scrapper is echo of the past and marauder more fragile then one trick holo pony.

Paladin is the best all purpose amulet as well as being the best 1vX. Power meta so it's gotta be that, really. Mender's is an option but you're increasing the likeliness to instant-die to Mesmers for a better matchup against condition users. Not worth in current meta.

Okish today 5 games like scrapper on EU in T2 plat. Ppl forget how scrapper can be usefull for a team. Honestly I don't won any 1v1. SB sustain and dmg was better then my, mesmer burst me down, thief chop me and turn my low mobility against me. Others was no winner.

But after I start rotate more around my team then points, match overturned for us. I was ress ppl from heavy cleaves, keep their condis on zero, and use cc in right moment.

So , I think that scrapper is most viable since POF now, but much more depends on your team. My best game was winned with 9 ally ress (which 8 of them was from group fight). Still I don't think that I will use scrapper in Ranked cuz my mates don't always do good job, but in AT it looks very solid!!

Scrapper should be a frontline, CC heavy tank spec that can keep a boss enemy busy while its gyro stomps enemies/rezzes players.The function gyros function should be improved so it could be used to defend allies and annoy enemies but atm it only can be used fir rezz and stomp.

One thing I find funny is that I haven't seen this thread being buried by more recent posts since it was created. So, either the engineer forum is pretty inactive or a lot of people wonder what the scrapper is meant to be.

Getting back to the thread's discussion. I don't know much about WvW (and I already posted my ideas for pve scrapper on some other thread), but one idea that could spice it up could be coordinated suicide teams of dazing scrappers, to allow charging without being destroyed by some spellbreaker's bubble. But for that to happen, a few changes must take place:-The great comeback of dazing gyros.-Gyros without health, even better if the stick to the scrapper.-Elixir S being an invulnerability or cleansing all conditions.

So it's very unlikely to happen.

@Akeno.4962 said:

@Akeno.4962 said:-Elixir S being an invulnerability

So it's very unlikely to happen.

Elixir S is an invulnerability! Boom, done. Cracks beer

I'm pretty sure I've died to conditions when using it. I may be wrong, but I don't understand why do you need to be aggressive.

They continue to tick, no invuln will stop that. Sorry if telling you this was offensive. ?

@Ardid.7203 said:But when npcs become invulnerable, they don't keep conditions ticking, AFAIK. So is it a protection from new attacks, or an invulnerability against damage?

It's a protection from new attacks. Previously applied conditions will continue to do damage. Npc invulnerability works differently from the player skills sometimes.

@Ardid.7203 said:But when npcs become invulnerable, they don't keep conditions ticking, AFAIK. So is it a protection from new attacks, or an invulnerability against damage?

I'm quite sure when NPCs becomes invulnerable, they either lose all conditions, or if they lose agro, they become invulnerable and gain a huge hp regen which counters conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

I've played Engineers off and on, low levels and high over two different accounts since game release. I love the Engineer archetype, not so much GW2's execution...I'm more a Warhammer Engineer kinda guy. ANet took some weird turns that (to me) went counter to the archetype in bad ways...and like so much in their designs thoughout the game there were inconsistencies and incongruities lumped in...seemingly for perverseness sake.

I haven't PvP'ed on an Engie since before LW2, and WvW has always been mostly unsatisfying because Engies do best when they defend or hold -at least in theory.I love Turrets especially over the Gyro implementation. Gyros would have been awesome if they had just upgraded existing turret portfolio to a mobile role...but no, can't have that....

Love the Hammer (Hammer Proficiency) and the Power from Toughness (Mass Momentum) Trait...that about all I like - the rest is garbage but the good traits make it worthwhile to play the e-spec for me.

I play a Hammer Turret engie, tough as nails, can't condi cleanse worth a damn but has around 2.8k Power and over 3k armor.

But he is very limited in more situations than I find acceptable compared to my other professions I play. So far though for PvE Roaming, it's mostly acceptable - but for all his toughness and power he still seems to melt in many encounters especially in the newer content maps.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived